Why not?

Time Atac Alium Question

Anyone had a problem with these pedals sticking in your cranks?

I'm about to pick up a pair of them and the only thing I've heard that really is going to be a deterrent is that some of the guys using them have had issues with them no coming off the bike when they want new pedals.

Thanks!

Nothing But Glory, and Everything For It.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    I have run the ATAC carbon for over 3 years of abuse and have had no issues. A seal blew out but was nothing to fix. I know they are not the Alium but they are similar. I have taken them off and on multiple times with zero issues.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

Expert Crasher
    2 sets of Aliums - both have been fantastic and used on several different cranksets
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Rockfish

Bullet proof

I've had Time ATAC Aliums over the past 5 years, ever since I've been mountain biking. Whenever I've taken them off, never had any difficulties. Between my wife and me, we have Aliums on 5 of our bikes.

FWIW, they shed mud and dirt very well. I can have mud caked on the bottom of my shoes, hop on my bike, clip in right away, and pedal off. I love these pedals!

I like Monkeys
    I've been running crank brothers for about 5 years. When my they gave up I got another pair that lasted 6 months. I'm now using an old 5 year old pair of time carbons which I love. My wife has used the same pair for 6 years. We've decided to stick to one type, it will be times.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

banned
    Just use a tiny bit of grease on the threads and they will always come off easily.

mtbr member
    What Jerk Chicken said.

Only time I have ever had pedals stick were the times I was lazy or in a rush and did not use grease at installation.

With grease...never had a problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You may have heard that the pedal body is hard to remove from the axle to grease the bearings. A 2 jaw puller would probably work if you ever needed to service the pedals. It's been my experience that most pedals will go a long time without needing any kind of internal maintenance.

I'm using the Atac Aliums and they are very indestructible, even with many root and rock strikes.

Why not?
    Wow thanks for the responses, Im looking at some clipless from Atac on Ebay now, alot of the ones im finding are a few years old and all look in good condition considering the age and how much theyve been used, so looks like this is whats goin on my bike next...

Thanks Again!!

Nothing But Glory, and Everything For It.