mtbr member

Thoughts on E13 TRS rims

Has anyone laced these rims up to a pair of hubs that aren't E13s? I'm thinking the super large diameter hub flange of the TRS hubs adds quite a bit of added strength and stiffness. I'm considering lacing these to a pair of dt swiss 240s, 32 hole. They'd probably go on a 140mm trail bike. I have to say, I do wonder about the strength of these rims since they weigh in at 380 grams. But $175 is a lot less than carbon ENVE rims, which aren't even that light!

Wait for me!
    I have the TRS+ wheelset on my Mojo HD. I love them, very stiff and responsive. The idea behind the oversize hub flange is for shorter spoke length and shallower spoke angle. Less flex and better, more responsive handling. The rear hub is loud, comparable to a King hub. But it engages super fast, I swear I can do burnouts with mine.

mtbr member
    I have a pair laced onto King hubs and...they're really nice. Dead light, stiff, straight, no nasty surprises in the build like burs or weld boogers. Build was easy, they take standard spokes and nipples too, which is nice.

Ridden since September last year and no damage so far. At least part of the weight is that they have no eyelets and are fairly narrow by current 'trail' rim standards (21mm internal). I don't think the tall hub flanges add a great deal, they don't hurt but it's unimportant next to a good builder, my wheels with normal flanges certainly haven't felt noodly. The bling factor is huge.

I've no objective complaints about them, except, frigging expensive. I got a good deal and they were still frigging expensive.

If/when I taco one it will be replaced by a Mavic 719 or Superstar Sentinel rims. The 50-100g the E Thirteens have other those isn't enough difference to make me pay 100 a rim again!

Also, Pacenti TL28 rims are $60 on Bikelugs right now and 10g heavier.