Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    I used to have one of the state-of-the-art "Hite Rite" springs that went with a standard seatpost QR. I wish I still had one. These days I don't do that much radical descending to justify 400 bucks and over another pound on the bike.
    And it's always best, in my experience, to wait for Gen 2 of any given product. Even a Thomson. Time really DOES tell.
    It's quite obvious you have never got to use a dropper post. It's an amazing idea/product. It will change the way you ride. You will love it.

Try one out and you will have to get one. It is one of those products you try and a light bulb illuminates.. Like the first time you land a huge drop and you now know how.. or the first 500hp vehicle you drive.. that amazing..

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by erikrc10 View Post
    I don't know about the whole dropping via GPS thing but I do like the idea of a cable-less remote. That would be cool.
    Can't wait for this thing to come out. I'm still waiting for my Kronolog to fail and when it does I will be replacing it with one of these, as long as they hold up like all of Thompson's other
    products.
    Same here I love Thomson products and if history repeats itself this dropper should be top notch. I just have to wait for my first generation 5 year old Crank Brothers Joplin to fail. Then I will get one of these if the reviews are good.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

sapienti sat est
    Has anyone got this thing yet?

Ninja Master Powers
    I've been watching BTI every day since the first and the LBS I frequent has it stock watch at QBP and BTI. So far I still don't have one. I'm heading to Sea Otter Thursday hope to find out more there.

I'm just guessing but something tells me they'll magically appear in stock either during or right after Sea Otter.

Ninja Master Powers
    Still waiting..... off to Sea Otter tomorrow.

I'm still guessing it will magically appear in distribution either during or just after Sea Otter....

mtbr member

Thomson Elite Dropper Post Thread

Waiting here too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

mtbr member

$469?? F that S!!

http://www.bikebling.com/Thomson-Dro...dropper-sp.htm

Much better pricing.

b a n n e d
    Will definitely be waiting for the Stealth version . . . . and I'm sure (hoping) there's at least talk of a "Masterpiece" version as well.

Thomson could KILL it with this thing if it works . . . a stealth masterpiece that is reliable would quickly become the industry leader IMO.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Thomson Elite Dropper Post Thread

Got a KS LEV today. I started thinking about getting a Thomson this morning and decided I would wait until I have a frame that accepts a stealth cable and until Thomson makes a stealth version. Then I started thinking, well, I should just wait for the bluetooth model. And so I got the KS LEV today. I hope I don't end up eating my words on this, but until it is reliable bluetooth tech... See ya next time remote control seatpost market. LEV is good for now.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Wow $475 for a seat post. I guess you can buy it or not buy it type of thing. I just bought a Lev as well and not impressed with the setup. Nice action for sure, but the parts inside the lev sign on the post itself seems very breakable. You can very easily strip that hook and if you do, you're screwed. Also you need the outer cap not to fall out. If that does on a ride, you're in trouble as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Wow $475 for a seat post. I guess you can buy it or not buy it type of thing. I just bought a Lev as well and not impressed with the setup. Nice action for sure, but the parts inside the lev sign on the post itself seems very breakable. You can very easily strip that hook and if you do, you're screwed. Also you need the outer cap not to fall out. If that does on a ride, you're in trouble as well.
    Not really. the hook if it does fail and break just get a new one from KS, they are very responsive and ship stuff out quick (at least it was in my case) and as for the cap, its not exactly catastrophic if it does fall out, I mean a simple piece of tape can cover the hole.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Not really. the hook if it does fail and break just get a new one from KS, they are very responsive and ship stuff out quick (at least it was in my case) and as for the cap, its not exactly catastrophic if it does fall out, I mean a simple piece of tape can cover the hole.
    That's cool, glad they ship quickly. I did notice that if the cap is off, the hook refuses to latch into the little bar in there. I almost want to glue it in but realize that's not a great idea. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Really? Thats weird, mine works with the cap on or off. I say this because when I got a second LEV for my nomad, The cap came without the gasket so while I was testing it made sure everything was working right I had it without the cover and it was working fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Really? Thats weird, mine works with the cap on or off. I say this because when I got a second LEV for my nomad, The cap came without the gasket so while I was testing it made sure everything was working right I had it without the cover and it was working fine.
    It's quite possible I screwed it up. You have to cut the line just at the level of the screw which I did, but maybe mine is a little more temperamental. Like it's owner.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    $469?? F that S!!

Thomson Dropper Seatpost from BikeBling.com

Much better pricing.
    Bike Bling? No thanks.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member

Bike bling bad?? Please inform me. I'm new!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta View Post
    Bike Bling? No thanks.
    Why? They have been great for the high dollar items I have gotten from them. I got my Lev way cheaper from them than anyone else, and the transaction was perfect.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    I've found them to be pretty flaky in the past. Placed an order and did not find out until a week later when I called to check up that they were out of stock. They sorted it out, but it was irritating. One time I called and thought I reached some random stoner's apartment.

There were a few threads a few years back about them. Not crooked, just occasionally incompetent.That was a few years back, maybe they have gotten better.

Another time a ordered something that seemed too good to be true (price-wise). Took a stupid long time to ship, but the deal was for real.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    In the past I had a hang up or two with them, but I find BikeBling great to deal with now. I always call and verify with Zach that everything I want is in stock then place my order.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did anyone else notice the June availability. Thompson trying to get a back log of orders in befor they start shipping these unicorns?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Bikebling says its $389 available in may

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motomarco View Post
    Did anyone else notice the June availability. Thompson trying to get a back log of orders in befor they start shipping these unicorns?
    june is for the stealth version.

earlier today:

"All looks set for the droppers to start heading our way on Friday. We should have them Monday or Tuesday, I will know more once they are in the UPS system.

That means we will fully inspect and then ship the first units the next day.

We are late, but scrambling to get this out as the weather warms up."

"Stealth is planned for June and remains on time."

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Motomarco View Post
    Unicorn post.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Ninja Master Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    june is for the stealth version.

earlier today:

"All looks set for the droppers to start heading our way on Friday. We should have them Monday or Tuesday, I will know more once they are in the UPS system.

That means we will fully inspect and then ship the first units the next day.

We are late, but scrambling to get this out as the weather warms up."

"Stealth is planned for June and remains on time."
    Where did this come from?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast