Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    sapienti sat est

Msrp $399

According to the last press release MSRP just went up to $399.
    I wonder how much more the price will be raised before the post will eventually hit the market next year.

mtbr member
    Im so not buying this piece of fail.
    KS LEV is the way to go!!

mtbr member
    Finally in the market to buy a dropper post - was all set to order a Reverb but now debating waiting to see how this one works.

I guess I waited this long - whats another few months, especially with winter around the corner.

mtbr member
    more news : bikerumor

bluetooth control you say??

"...they’re actually working on a Bluetooth controlled circuit that can remotely actuate the post...eliminating the cable without sacrificing convenience…which is the ultimate goal. The immediate plan is to have a standalone Bluetooth switch that can be placed anywhere on the bike, but eventually they’ll have a smartphone app capable of controlling it.

By integrating the GPS, accelerometer and computing power of a rider’s smartphone, the app could automatically control the seatpost height based on incline/descent. Or, you could program it to learn a course and adjust the height based on location. No ETA on this, but they’re working on it."

it's been said before, but the evolution of these posts has to get the point where they can be lowered without the rider needing to use their weight. this sounds like a decent first step in that direction.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post

"...they’re actually working on a Bluetooth controlled circuit that can remotely actuate the post...eliminating the cable without sacrificing convenience…which is the ultimate goal. The immediate plan is to have a standalone Bluetooth switch that can be placed anywhere on the bike, but eventually they’ll have a smartphone app capable of controlling it.

By integrating the GPS, accelerometer and computing power of a rider’s smartphone, the app could automatically control the seatpost height based on incline/descent. Or, you could program it to learn a course and adjust the height based on location. No ETA on this, but they’re working on it."

it's been said before, but the evolution of these posts has to get the point where they can be lowered without the rider needing to use their weight. this sounds like a decent first step in that direction.
    Wow!! Go from a stealth mount vs not so stealth mount argument and just blow it all out if the water!!

Very cool idea. Thomson is awesome. But please don't borrow gopro's programmers for the software.

RideDirt
    While all that tech seems cool , i would just like a dropper post that " works " .. Anyways gettr done already !

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I don't know about the whole dropping via GPS thing but I do like the idea of a cable-less remote. That would be cool.
    Can't wait for this thing to come out. I'm still waiting for my Kronolog to fail and when it does I will be replacing it with one of these, as long as they hold up like all of Thompson's other products.

Dirtbag Medic
    Nice! Side question, what carbon bar is that?
    I mostly just skim the important bits

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    "Claimed weight – 592g, with remote, cable, and housing – on the 127mm-travel (5in) post has creeped up a bit".

Hmmm. That'll disappoint some customers.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBert View Post
    According to the last press release MSRP just went up to $399.
    I wonder how much more the price will be raised before the post will eventually hit the market next year.
    $449 now....and climbing?

mtbr member
    May 2007

Oh hell no on a GPS enable dropping control. Is it going to pedal for me too? This seems like a fluff idea that is designed to solve a problem that does not exist.

Post reply to this post if you just cannont decide to drop your seat on a decent or not.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    "Claimed weight – 592g, with remote, cable, and housing – on the 127mm-travel (5in) post has creeped up a bit".

Hmmm. That'll disappoint some customers.
    Oh well, I'll keep my GD and just go with it. 550 grams with shim and remote and it always works. It ain't pretty, but I don't look at my bike while riding.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Wasn't the post supposed to be available April 1? I haven't seen it pop up for sale on my initial Google searches...anyone order one yet?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugerooster View Post
    Wasn't the post supposed to be available April 1? I haven't seen it pop up for sale on my initial Google searches...anyone order one yet?

from the internet:
    "First shipments of the dropper will begin by April 12th. That’s 11 days later than I wanted but an internal part that is in the radial play mechanism is not quite right and is being re-made."

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    April 12 is the date I got from Jenson as well. Anyone have a good place to get an initial run?

mtbr member
    I looked all over online earlier and it seems that most pre-orders (i.e. Chain Reaction et al) are for May/June.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Oh hell no on a GPS enable dropping control. Is it going to pedal for me too? This seems like a fluff idea that is designed to solve a problem that does not exist.

Post reply to this post if you just cannont decide to drop your seat on a decent or not.
    I don't think a new seatpost will change the fact that my descending skills are barely decent, if that.

And as with all first-run products, it's Caveat Emptor here. The news of the release date being pushed back by close to 2 weeks is not exactly confidence-inspiring to me, even though all of my bikes sport Thomson posts. Their standard post is absolutely perfecto, IMO.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    I don't think a new seatpost will change the fact that my descending skills are barely decent, if that.

And as with all first-run products, it's Caveat Emptor here. The news of the release date being pushed back by close to 2 weeks is not exactly confidence-inspiring to me, even though all of my bikes sport Thomson posts. Their standard post is absolutely perfecto, IMO.
    Have you gotten the chance to try out a dropper post? It's truly inspiring... With Thomson's track record for quality a delay doesn't mean something back.. it means it wasn't perfect yet..

Time will tell of course

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post

have you tried descending with your seat dropped 3-5"?

in this sport a 2 week delay is much better than a lot of products that have been hyped up for months or even years and something i wouldn't fret over, especially from a company with thomson's track record of quality.

b a n n e d
    Can't wait to hear people's experience with these once they get some "real world" testing a la the fine folks here on MTBR, especially with speak of an internally routed version. If the post holds up to the hype they claim and is consistent with Thomson quality, this post will quickly set the benchmark.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member

g3h6o3
    Cool
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    have you tried descending with your seat dropped 3-5"?

in this sport a 2 week delay is much better than a lot of products that have been hyped up for months or even years and something i wouldn't fret over, especially from a company with thomson's track record of quality.
    I used to have one of the state-of-the-art "Hite Rite" springs that went with a standard seatpost QR. I wish I still had one. These days I don't do that much radical descending to justify 400 bucks and over another pound on the bike.
    And it's always best, in my experience, to wait for Gen 2 of any given product. Even a Thomson. Time really DOES tell.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast