Thread: Thanks...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks...

...for generally answering my questions w/o complaint. I've seen the light (no not that light) and will no longer be "that guy" questioning why? Just do (or is it Dew? )! Rock on with your bad selves, out!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    ...for generally answering my questions w/o complaint. I've seen the light (no not that light) and will no longer be "that guy" questioning why? Just do (or is it Dew? )! Rock on with your bad selves, out!
    So does this mean your getting rid of that over built road bike and buying a real Mt. Bike?

Last Thursday night I saw a guy riding a ridged bike in the fading twilight up Bergen peak. He had a one of those old flex stems on that thing.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    So does this mean your getting rid of that over built road bike and buying a real Mt. Bike?
    No, that was what the (no not that light) comment was from my original post. I haven't gone that far yet. This thread has shown me the light, although I hope I never came off like this guy:

SS way overstated?

At any rate I learned something from that thread, it just doesn't matter what anyone else is riding as long as you're happy. Peace out.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Motion activated
    ewww... you made me read the SS forum

j/k..... as you say, as long as you're having fun.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yeah I just read the SS link too! Jugdish - Glad you can now see how pointless it is questioning other people's bike choices. I happen to think SS is for freaks, but I'm not about to go over to the SS forum and share this view! If they enjoy riding those hideous things then good for them. Whatever floats their boat is good. I'll only complain if they dare to question why I ride a geared FS AM bike
    [SIZE="2"]Remember, there is no black magic or witchcraft, it's only a machine[/SIZE]

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by uktrailmonster
    ...I happen to think SS is for freaks..
    how DARE you! listen here you man with a funny accent, I resemble that remark

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yeah I just read the SS link too! Jugdish - Glad you can now see how pointless it is questioning other people's bike choices. I happen to think SS is for freaks, but I'm not about to go over to the SS forum and share this view! If they enjoy riding those hideous things then good for them. Whatever floats their boat is good. I'll only complain if they dare to question why I ride a geared FS AM bike

I have no problems with people questioning why really nor do I have any problems with folks not agreeing, just stay away from the name calling and baiting. I hope I didn't come across like that, my apologies if that was the case.

Edit to add: interesting the mods are allowing that one to continue but over here that would be a no-no.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    how DARE you! listen here you man with a funny accent, I resemble that remark
    You can be excused though if you ride a Ventana
    [SIZE="2"]Remember, there is no black magic or witchcraft, it's only a machine[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    "just stay away from the name calling and baiting."
    exactly, that's where you went wrong earlier!
    SS freak

Neg reppers r my biatches
    You can be excused though if you ride a Ventana
    phew! so by the law of averages, I am ok then!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    phew! so by the law of averages, I am ok then!
    Although I hate singlespeeds (I struggle to climb hills with 27 gears!), I have been secretly admiring that new beast of yours. It does look the business for sure.