Thread: Tear it UPPP!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Tear it UPPP!!!

Ok, now this thread, state your bike, model, year, and whatever... These bikes are ABUSED!!! Put what you did and what happened. Your goal is to rip that bike to shreds. (without killing yourself that is). Have little regard for your safety. Now go tear it UUUUPPP!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ok to get this started. I curently own a Wallgoose. Mongoose XR-200. Ive read great reviews and bad reviews. Ive had good luck so far. But im going to tear this bike up. And possibly hurt myself. In the hope that my mom will go out and help me pay for a better (safer) bike that i cant afford on my own. As soon as i can, i will do everything to this bike to break it.. Ima start with the gears and mechanics by doing everything i can. Now i live in more of a farm land so wide open spaces i got, hills, few. wish me luck

Nickel Havr
    '11 Santa Cruz Nickel D-AM build... Crashed it the first day I had it!

This is the only vid I've shot on it so far... And it's kind of tame.

Also own a '08 Ironhorse Maverick 4.2... This bike has been taken through the ringer!

Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    when i can start driving i can go to places like that... well driving by myself

Perdurabo
    Quote Originally Posted by THeJoseph123 View Post
    I curently own a Wallgoose. Mongoose XR-200... im going to tear this bike up.
    You'll probably find this easier done than said.

My spelling is atroshus
    You can also tear up a $3k bike just as easy as you can a mongoose. When you beat the living hell out of bikes on the trail, stuff just breaks. The question is whether or not you can afford to play the game.

noob
    Jan 2006
    As soon as i can, i will do everything to this bike to break it.
    Based on your other thread, you're already done.

I have a 2005 Trek Liquid.
    I have broken: wheels, cassette, fork, shock, derailleurs, chains, myself. Still going strong.

I'm actually surprised that I haven't broken the frame yet, as my dad has gone through three on his Rocky Mountain and his riding is less aggressive, and I've got 60lb on him.
    The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing more helpess and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an either binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldevyne View Post
    You'll probably find this easier done than said.
    Apparently im one of the very few with a indestructible XR200. lol. But i live on mostly flat farmland. And Im only 6'4" and 150lbs. Due to really fast metabolism. I do eat alot. I do have to figure out whats clogged up the air valve for tires (which is capped). Flat farm land. The forest is impossible to navigate if not going slow, the slope, # and position of trees, slippry rocks. So the forest isnt an option, unless your suicidal.

My spelling is atroshus
    Apparently im one of the very few with a indestructible XR200. lol. But i live on mostly flat farmland. And Im only 6'4" and 150lbs. Due to really fast metabolism. I do eat alot. I do have to figure out whats clogged up the air valve for tires (which is capped). Flat farm land. The forest is impossible to navigate if not going slow, the slope, # and position of trees, slippry rocks. So the forest isnt an option, unless your suicidal.
    The next to the last sentence pretty much described where I ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I must know a lot of suicidal people! Here on the east coast the trails are tight, twisty with a large number of trees and on top of that littered with rocks. Keep learning where u are at... U will get better, then one day take a trip out to the northeast and u will be pleasantly surprised. Or come now we'll get that mongoose all torn up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    @ eckstream. I ride at white clay a decent amount although this year I spent most of my time at resorts. Fun trails though!

Nickel Havr
    Quote Originally Posted by OS cuda' View Post
    @ eckstream. I ride at white clay a decent amount although this year I spent most of my time at resorts. Fun trails though!
    That was the first time I was there! I'll have to ride down there again sometime!
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RBowles View Post
    The next to the last sentence pretty much described where I ride.
    Its smooth wet slippery rock at an angle... that's the only path! I might try to build a track trough some of the more over-all flat areas (its still alot of ruts and sink holes, My whole back yard has sink holes all over it. What i mean by building this path, clearing brush, trees, and debris...