mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Tapered fork in 1.5 headset

I have a front with 1.5 straight steerer tube with 1.5 suspension fork (no tapered) and
    I would like to have a possibility to use a rigid fork sometimes. I can't seem to find a rigid fork 1.5, I found only tapered rigid fork, so I wonder whether there is on the market an adapter to install a tapered fork in a 1.5 headset.
    Note, I cannot change the headset since I have to keep using a 1.5 suspension fork and switch to rigid tapered fork when needed

Thanks

mtbr member
    what brand of headset do you have? king makes devolution pasrt to reduce down to 1-1/8". you just need the top plate if that's what you are running

Bicycle Parts Devolution 1.5 to 1-1/8in. Headset Conversion Kits Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have FSA "The Big Fat Pig"

I just noticed on the FSA site that there is the same model with the reducer called Big-Fat-Pig-15R

...maybe I can just use the spacer that comes with the "reducer" model in my 1.5 headset, not sure if it works. Do you guys know ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vcnzone View Post
    I have FSA "The Big Fat Pig"

I just noticed on the FSA site that there is the same model with the reducer called Big-Fat-Pig-15R

...maybe I can just use the spacer that comes with the "reducer" model in my 1.5 headset, not sure if it works. Do you guys know ?
    All you need is a reducer on the top. Call FSA, they will confirm you have the right part or will send you out a the correct one.

I did the same thing with my FSA Gravity headset when I went from a 1 1/8 steerer to a tapered fork. They send me the right part and I had in it in just a few days. Their customer service is pretty good.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5