Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Talk me in or out of Easton AM Havoc rimzz

974 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  keen 
#1 ·
seriously... im putting a session 77 together and need wheels...

under 1900g, wide, strong and under $500 bux. is there anything else really that beats that?

#2 ·
The Havocs are awesome, especially when you figure in the price. I took a gamble on them, and I'm glad I did. They're just sweet wheels. I'm 220 pounds and they feel solid underneath me. The hubs are great, engagement is quick. They spin freely as well. They make my bike "feel" faster. Just a note though, I haven't had them long enough to give a thorough review, so take that into consideration. I've rode them on some crazy rocky trails without complaints though. Time will tell I suppose. They've gotten great reviews here on this site as well.

If you get a set, pick them up from Bike Bling. They're $450 at their site and their customer service and shipping time is top notch.

http://www.bikebling.com/Easton-Havoc-Disc-26-Wheelset-p/easton-havoc-disc26.htm

#12 ·
24 spokes, soft rim material and poor CS made me ditch my trail ridden Havoc's. I have owned a number of wheelsets and am not sure why Havoc's get a lot of positive reviews. You can get 32 spoked Hope's / your rim choice for about $350 that weigh's about the same or less from CRC.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.