mtbr member

Talas oil change help!!

I just finished my first oil change on my talas and im having an issue on reassembly.

I have the fork upside down and am trying to put the lowen nut on the spring side but it wont go on. The crush washer is stopping the nut from grabbing the threads. I dont have any more crush washers so Im hesitant to jam it on there. It doesnt seem like it would go on anyway. Can i put the nut on without the crush washer? Can i throw an o ring on in its place??

where can i buy more crush washers? I bought a talas service kit and it only container a metal one for the damper side and o rings. No plastic crush washer for the spring side was included??

Help!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've experienced this with every fox 36 I've owned, I'm sure it's the same with the talas model. Try to thread the crush washer on without the nut. Don't push it on, thread it on as if it was designed to be threaded like a nut. You should be able to get it on enough to expose a few threads for the nut to grab.

I dont' recommend using anything but a fox crush washer. You don't need to buy new ones every time you service your fork, but fox recommends it. I've owned 3 36's and always reused the crush washers with no problems.

mtbr member
    ok, got it on thanks!!
    Last edited by trap121; 11-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.