Let the good times roll.

Syncros FL saddle replacement

The Syncros FL saddle is by far the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. Perfect flex, perfect shape, perfect width, perfect padding... and best of all the nose is wide to minimize discomfort while climbing up steep trails. It has been my saddle of choice for a few years now. Unfortunately, I broke one today (popped a rail out of the shell), and turns out it was my last . Buying some more is a problem because the FL seems to be discontinued. All the remaining stock I see on the internet is $100+ which is ridiculously overpriced IMO. That's enough to motivate me to try something else.

So my options are...

-Try the Syncros AM saddle since it's supposed to use the same chassis as the FL. Good price too ($30). It's heavier...but I can get over that. I'm more concerned about the thicker foam. I generally prefer saddles with thin padding. Has anyone ridden both to give a comparison?

-Try one of the new Syncros saddles. Any opinons about them?

-Try some other brand. Any suggestions for saddles that are similar to the FL in feel and weight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwisejosh View Post
    The Syncros FL saddle is by far the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. Perfect flex, perfect shape, perfect width, perfect padding... and best of all the nose is wide to minimize discomfort while climbing up steep trails. It has been my saddle of choice for a few years now. Unfortunately, I broke one today (popped a rail out of the shell), and turns out it was my last . Buying some more is a problem because the FL seems to be discontinued. All the remaining stock I see on the internet is $100+ which is ridiculously overpriced IMO. That's enough to motivate me to try something else.

So my options are...

-Try the Syncros AM saddle since it's supposed to use the same chassis as the FL. Good price too ($30). It's heavier...but I can get over that. I'm more concerned about the thicker foam. I generally prefer saddles with thin padding. Has anyone ridden both to give a comparison?

-Try one of the new Syncros saddles. Any opinons about them?

-Try some other brand. Any suggestions for saddles that are similar to the FL in feel and weight.
    If you find a good replacement, let me know.....I've been looking for months myself.

Let the good times roll.
    I haven't found a perfect replacement yet. I ended up getting the AM saddle, and it has been decent these past few months. I'd give it 8 on a scale of 10. Definitely a lot better than most I've used in the past.You might want to try it if you find one for cheap. But it still inferior to the FL. The chassis doesn't have quite enough flex, and the nose padding isn't perfect. So I'm planning to try something else soon. Probably the Charge Spoon, Chromag Lynx, or Prologo Scratch. The descriptions and reviews for those look interesting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Syncros AM

I have been riding a Syncros AM for the last year and it is a nice saddle especially for the price. It is not as slim as the FL and has a good amount of paddling on the nose, which I like. If you want a slim saddle similar to the FL look at the Selle Italia Flites.

mtbr member
    i never had a syncro fl but.

the chromag trailmaster has all the attribute you are describing...seem to have a similar profile also...it my saddle of choice
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You can still get the Syncros FL for $45 from Germany. Shipping will cost you an additional $25.

Syncros FL Sattel black

Along with the Chromag Trailmaster mentioned about, check out the Chromag Lynx and Moon models

Lynx - Chromag Bikes

Moon - Chromag Bikes

mtbr member
    Just got a trailmaster and a spoon to compare.

Let the good times roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    You can still get the Syncros FL for $45 from Germany. Shipping will cost you an additional $25.

Syncros FL Sattel black
    Thank you!!! And I think that's a lower price than I paid last time! Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the international shipping.

But I'm still curious about other options. Let me know how Trailmaster vs Spoon goes. I'd also be interested to hear opinions about how the Trailmaster and Lynx compare.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwisejosh View Post
    Thank you!!! And I think that's a lower price than I paid last time! Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the international shipping.

But I'm still curious about other options. Let me know how Trailmaster vs Spoon goes. I'd also be interested to hear opinions about how the Trailmaster and Lynx compare.
    Snagged a brand new FL on ebay last night! Life is good!

Let the good times roll.
    My FL finally came in about a week ago. It's so nice to be back on a comfy saddle! Hopefully I got enough spares to last a while.

I will say that ordering internationally was a real pain. It took almost a month for my package to arrive, and I was unable to get tracking updates for most of that whole time. I think it got stuck in customs. But the wait was well worth it in this case.

Thanks again, Chromagftw!