mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Switched to Rigid and Love it!!

HI everyone. I just picked up a new 2010 Fuji Nevada 4.0 for $200. I couldn't pass it up as I had a battle tank of an old bike that just was not fun to ride. The Fuji came stock with a really crappy Suntour M2025 front Suspension fork. It felt like a pogo stick and was horrible. Being that I mostly ride street/asphalt and some light trails I wanted to make the bike rigid. My BIke with the front suspension was 470mm Axle2Crown. I searched and found a 437mm Kinesis Maxlight XLT fork. All the reviews were great and I liked the way they looked. I had to order from chainreactioncycles.com in N. Ireland. So while I was waiting I got a great deal on a FSA Stem with Carbon Fiber handle bars for $40 shipped. They were slightly used. I also picked up a slightly used Stealth Pro Evo CArbon Seatpost for $22 off ebay!! These Retail around $170 so I got a lucky find. I then bought some new Pedals and handlebar grips from the LBS. Once everything was completed I tried out the new Ride and WOW!!! My was my bike more responsive, A lot lighter, had better feel and pedaling power. It was amazing how different my bike became Performance wise and it was exactly what I wanted! Sharper and more precise turning and Balance. If anyone is looking for some suspension corrected forks for a 470mm Axle to crown suspension fork, I would strongly recommend the Kinesis Maxlight XLT forks. Here are some before and after pix

mtbr member
    An All Mountain road bike. Sweet.

gravity fighter
    All Pavement.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yeah I don't think I posted in the right section.. Is there an all pavement section? There should be this set-up is amazing for it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I like it. The next lgical step is to get rid of those crappy gears and make it a single speed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I actually like the gears to climb up hills, Shift to an easier gear when I get tired etc.. I think I am eventually going to switch from my 14-34 gearing to possible 11-28 gearing to get some more low end torque