Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NorCal state of mind

Straitline all mountain AMP pedals?

Does anyone know more about this pedal, or more specifically, when I can get my hands on a pair?

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244116

I like the classics but they're a little heavy for an AM rig. Seems like these would be just right. Not sure how I feel about the pin configuration though.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    They look good!! if theyre as good as the signature pedals id be getting my hands on a set very soon! more info

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm excited about those too. I like the pin configuration ok. I ride twenty6, and only use the outside pin locations. I would like to see the corner pins further out, but obviously they are trying to protect the pins and pedal body as much as possible.

mtbr member
    these are pretty. I've had the originals for years now and I guess i've never thought them to be a little heavy for anything. I'm ok with the pin and placement as long as length and width are the same as the old. If they just went on a diet that's cool but if they shrunk to dj sizing maybe not so much.
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    Those look very similar to the Spank Spike design that had some media attention but have yet to materialize... I wouldn't mind having either on my trail bike, in red.

Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yeah, very similar. I like SL's pin design better. Removing pins from the bottom doesn't always work. I've trashed more pedal body threads trying to remove damaged pins than I care to mention. I've not tried SL's pin design but it looks like you could mangle a pin and still be able to removed it without damaging the threads.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Those look very similar to the Spank Spike design that had some media attention but have yet to materialize... I wouldn't mind having either on my trail bike, in red.
    been waiting on the spank's for months now only to keep finding out they're once again pushed back. at this rate the specialized pedal will be out before the spank. honestly i think the S looks like a better design, if not a bit heavier.

mtbr member
    Man those SL look great, when do they hit the shops`?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn1 View Post
    Does anyone know more about this pedal, or more specifically, when I can get my hands on a pair?

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244116

I like the classics but they're a little heavy for an AM rig. Seems like these would be just right. Not sure how I feel about the pin configuration though.

Thoughts?
    I was told by straitline that they would release them shortly after interbike this year. So they should be available some time late sept.

mtbr member
    So, I've started using these for my trail bike. Moar pins, full length axle, and 60g heavier...did I go wrong?

Edit: and, they were $48 on Chainlove a few weeks ago
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    So, I've started using these for my trail bike. Moar pins, full length axle, and 60g heavier...did I go wrong?

Not if you don't mind ugly pedals.

I just always thought the XPedos looked like some kind of science experiment. Personal thing really.
    LMB

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Wish I could provide info as to when these will be available, but I can't. Here's a vid showing how the pedal is put together. I guess I didn't realize they don't use bearings? It's been my experience that bushings develop play pretty easily. They look very easy to replace. I wonder what replacement bushings will cost? I burn through the bushings on my twenty6 rallys every few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEANGB0uwU

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Wish I could provide info as to when these will be available, but I can't. Here's a vid showing how the pedal is put together. I guess I didn't realize they don't use bearings? It's been my experience that bushings develop play pretty easily. They look very easy to replace. I wonder what replacement bushings will cost? I burn through the bushings on my twenty6 rallys every few months.

Boo. That just pushed them off my list. I'm not a bushing fan either. Who wants to pay for really expensive pedals (that are going to get beat up in rocks) then replace bushings all the time? Not me.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Not if you don't mind ugly pedals.

I just always thought the XPedos looked like some kind of science experiment. Personal thing really.
    Considering the price, who cares how they look. They'll be invisible when I'm on the bike anyway.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Considering the price, who cares how they look. They'll be invisible when I'm on the bike anyway.
    Ok, well they look fragile too. You know we got rocks.

BTW, I got some Azonic 420s for $60 from their vendor booth at Crankworx. There were some good deals to be had.
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 08-02-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    LMB

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Boo. That just pushed them off my list. I'm not a bushing fan either. Who wants to pay for really expensive pedals (that are going to get beat up in rocks) then replace bushings all the time? Not me.
    It's not a deal breaker for me as long as replacement bushings are provide for free or super cheap and they don't require a special tool to remove.

I was wondering how SL got the weight down to 330 with a cromo axle? My twenty6 rally's weigh 327 with ti axle, bushings no bearings. The AMP pedal body must be stupid light, or the axle they are using is too light. Having few pins shaves grams too.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Well the original SL pedals use bushings and the design looks unchanged for the AMP. I would love to hear from guys that own SL pedals. Do the bushings develop play easily? Have you replaced them? Looks like a rebuild kit costs under 20, and SL recommends you use a press to instal new bushings.

Here's a good vid from SL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPnV...layer_embedded

mtbr member

I've had the regular Straitlines on a couple of bikes, one set has over 600 miles on them and i've never had to replace a bushing and i ride into early January here in VT so that means mud and snow for a month or two with no issues.

usually cranky
    dont regular straightlines use bushings too? pretty much the most bomb proof pedals ever.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkvt View Post
    I've had the regular Straitlines on a couple of bikes, one set has over 600 miles on them and i've never had to replace a bushing and i ride into early January here in VT so that means mud and snow for a month or two with no issues.
    That's good to hear. My twenty6 bushings develop play fast. Sounds like the SL bushings last longer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My vote is for the 2012 crank bros 50/50 3s. The look nice and will match the bike!

People make me mad...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1501 View Post
    My vote is for the 2012 crank bros 50/50 3s. The look nice and will match the bike!

And explode every time they touch a rock.
    LMB

mtbr member
    And explode every time they touch a rock.
    But hey... they match the bike!! LOL

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Ok, well they look fragile too. You know we got rocks.

BTW, I got some Azonic 420s for $60 from their vendor booth at Crankworx. There were some good deals to be had.
    Dude, don't ride into rocks, ride over them But yeah, they do look a bit delicate huh? Considering the application tho, I think they'll be fine...trail bike(s) and not my DH.

I run the 420s on my DH bike...they're kinda slippery, even against my 5.10s! I'm gonna be looking at a set of Crampons when I can scrape enough dough together (for the DH).
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Well the original SL pedals use bushings and the design looks unchanged for the AMP. I would love to hear from guys that own SL pedals. Do the bushings develop play easily? Have you replaced them? Looks like a rebuild kit costs under 20, and SL recommends you use a press to instal new bushings.

Here's a good vid from SL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPnV...layer_embedded

I have 1500 pedal spinning miles on my AM bike and my SL's have very little play at all. I have pulled them apart a few times to clean and throw some grease in em and it takes all of 5min a pedal to rebuild. I bought a rebuild kit when I bought the pedals because I figured as much as I spin I would need to rebuild them, but not yet. I hope the new model is as big a platform as the original. Best pedal I have used to date. I have blown bearing up in a lot less time, don't fear good bushing, they work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast