Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 51
  1. #1
    Dirt McGirt
    Reputation: Burn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    47

    Straitline all mountain AMP pedals?

    Does anyone know more about this pedal, or more specifically, when I can get my hands on a pair?

    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244116

    I like the classics but they're a little heavy for an AM rig. Seems like these would be just right. Not sure how I feel about the pin configuration though.

    Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Luigiugueto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,536
    They look good!! if theyre as good as the signature pedals id be getting my hands on a set very soon! more info

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    I'm excited about those too. I like the pin configuration ok. I ride twenty6, and only use the outside pin locations. I would like to see the corner pins further out, but obviously they are trying to protect the pins and pedal body as much as possible.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,272
    these are pretty. I've had the originals for years now and I guess i've never thought them to be a little heavy for anything. I'm ok with the pin and placement as long as length and width are the same as the old. If they just went on a diet that's cool but if they shrunk to dj sizing maybe not so much.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Those look very similar to the Spank Spike design that had some media attention but have yet to materialize... I wouldn't mind having either on my trail bike, in red.

    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    yeah, very similar. I like SL's pin design better. Removing pins from the bottom doesn't always work. I've trashed more pedal body threads trying to remove damaged pins than I care to mention. I've not tried SL's pin design but it looks like you could mangle a pin and still be able to removed it without damaging the threads.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Those look very similar to the Spank Spike design that had some media attention but have yet to materialize... I wouldn't mind having either on my trail bike, in red.
    been waiting on the spank's for months now only to keep finding out they're once again pushed back. at this rate the specialized pedal will be out before the spank. honestly i think the S looks like a better design, if not a bit heavier.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    Man those SL look great, when do they hit the shops`?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn1 View Post
    Does anyone know more about this pedal, or more specifically, when I can get my hands on a pair?

    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244116

    I like the classics but they're a little heavy for an AM rig. Seems like these would be just right. Not sure how I feel about the pin configuration though.

    Thoughts?
    I was told by straitline that they would release them shortly after interbike this year. So they should be available some time late sept.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,840
    So, I've started using these for my trail bike. Moar pins, full length axle, and 60g heavier...did I go wrong?



    Edit: and, they were $48 on Chainlove a few weeks ago
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    So, I've started using these for my trail bike. Moar pins, full length axle, and 60g heavier...did I go wrong?

    Not if you don't mind ugly pedals.

    I just always thought the XPedos looked like some kind of science experiment. Personal thing really.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Wish I could provide info as to when these will be available, but I can't. Here's a vid showing how the pedal is put together. I guess I didn't realize they don't use bearings? It's been my experience that bushings develop play pretty easily. They look very easy to replace. I wonder what replacement bushings will cost? I burn through the bushings on my twenty6 rallys every few months.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEANGB0uwU

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Wish I could provide info as to when these will be available, but I can't. Here's a vid showing how the pedal is put together. I guess I didn't realize they don't use bearings? It's been my experience that bushings develop play pretty easily. They look very easy to replace. I wonder what replacement bushings will cost? I burn through the bushings on my twenty6 rallys every few months.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEANGB0uwU
    Boo. That just pushed them off my list. I'm not a bushing fan either. Who wants to pay for really expensive pedals (that are going to get beat up in rocks) then replace bushings all the time? Not me.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,840
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Not if you don't mind ugly pedals.

    I just always thought the XPedos looked like some kind of science experiment. Personal thing really.
    Considering the price, who cares how they look. They'll be invisible when I'm on the bike anyway.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Considering the price, who cares how they look. They'll be invisible when I'm on the bike anyway.
    Ok, well they look fragile too. You know we got rocks.

    BTW, I got some Azonic 420s for $60 from their vendor booth at Crankworx. There were some good deals to be had.
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 08-02-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Boo. That just pushed them off my list. I'm not a bushing fan either. Who wants to pay for really expensive pedals (that are going to get beat up in rocks) then replace bushings all the time? Not me.
    It's not a deal breaker for me as long as replacement bushings are provide for free or super cheap and they don't require a special tool to remove.

    I was wondering how SL got the weight down to 330 with a cromo axle? My twenty6 rally's weigh 327 with ti axle, bushings no bearings. The AMP pedal body must be stupid light, or the axle they are using is too light. Having few pins shaves grams too.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Well the original SL pedals use bushings and the design looks unchanged for the AMP. I would love to hear from guys that own SL pedals. Do the bushings develop play easily? Have you replaced them? Looks like a rebuild kit costs under 20, and SL recommends you use a press to instal new bushings.

    Here's a good vid from SL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPnV...layer_embedded

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jlkvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Wish I could provide info as to when these will be available, but I can't. Here's a vid showing how the pedal is put together. I guess I didn't realize they don't use bearings? It's been my experience that bushings develop play pretty easily. They look very easy to replace. I wonder what replacement bushings will cost? I burn through the bushings on my twenty6 rallys every few months.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEANGB0uwU
    I've had the regular Straitlines on a couple of bikes, one set has over 600 miles on them and i've never had to replace a bushing and i ride into early January here in VT so that means mud and snow for a month or two with no issues.

  19. #19
    meow meow
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,622
    dont regular straightlines use bushings too? pretty much the most bomb proof pedals ever.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkvt View Post
    I've had the regular Straitlines on a couple of bikes, one set has over 600 miles on them and i've never had to replace a bushing and i ride into early January here in VT so that means mud and snow for a month or two with no issues.
    That's good to hear. My twenty6 bushings develop play fast. Sounds like the SL bushings last longer.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    87
    My vote is for the 2012 crank bros 50/50 3s. The look nice and will match the bike!

    People make me mad...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1501 View Post
    My vote is for the 2012 crank bros 50/50 3s. The look nice and will match the bike!

    And explode every time they touch a rock.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gman086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,282
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    And explode every time they touch a rock.
    But hey... they match the bike!! LOL

    Have FUN!

    G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,840
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Ok, well they look fragile too. You know we got rocks.

    BTW, I got some Azonic 420s for $60 from their vendor booth at Crankworx. There were some good deals to be had.
    Dude, don't ride into rocks, ride over them But yeah, they do look a bit delicate huh? Considering the application tho, I think they'll be fine...trail bike(s) and not my DH.

    I run the 420s on my DH bike...they're kinda slippery, even against my 5.10s! I'm gonna be looking at a set of Crampons when I can scrape enough dough together (for the DH).
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Well the original SL pedals use bushings and the design looks unchanged for the AMP. I would love to hear from guys that own SL pedals. Do the bushings develop play easily? Have you replaced them? Looks like a rebuild kit costs under 20, and SL recommends you use a press to instal new bushings.

    Here's a good vid from SL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPnV...layer_embedded

    I have 1500 pedal spinning miles on my AM bike and my SL's have very little play at all. I have pulled them apart a few times to clean and throw some grease in em and it takes all of 5min a pedal to rebuild. I bought a rebuild kit when I bought the pedals because I figured as much as I spin I would need to rebuild them, but not yet. I hope the new model is as big a platform as the original. Best pedal I have used to date. I have blown bearing up in a lot less time, don't fear good bushing, they work.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub View Post
    I have 1500 pedal spinning miles on my AM bike and my SL's have very little play at all. I have pulled them apart a few times to clean and throw some grease in em and it takes all of 5min a pedal to rebuild. I bought a rebuild kit when I bought the pedals because I figured as much as I spin I would need to rebuild them, but not yet. I hope the new model is as big a platform as the original. Best pedal I have used to date. I have blown bearing up in a lot less time, don't fear good bushing, they work.
    It sounds like SL knows how to do bushings right. I'm with you on platform size.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Dude, don't ride into rocks, ride over them But yeah, they do look a bit delicate huh? Considering the application tho, I think they'll be fine...trail bike(s) and not my DH.

    I run the 420s on my DH bike...they're kinda slippery, even against my 5.10s! I'm gonna be looking at a set of Crampons when I can scrape enough dough together (for the DH).
    Heil/Picture Rock F my pedals up. I can't get out of that trail without at least a few pedal strikes. Luckily I'll be rocking the 420s on my HT 29er so grip should be more than enough with my 5.10s.

    Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated DH rig, just an AM/trail bike I take to the resorts. I don't get up there enough to warrant spending the coin yet and don't think I could fit another bike in my apt anyway.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hanklr View Post
    I was told by straitline that they would release them shortly after interbike this year. So they should be available some time late sept.
    Just contacted SL, I was told they will be released Sep 1.

  29. #29
    Dirt McGirt
    Reputation: Burn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Just contacted SL, I was told they will be released Sep 1.
    $$$. Thanks for making that call. I think I can wait that long.

    Any idea how these compare in size to the originals? 53119 makes a good point.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn1 View Post
    $$$. Thanks for making that call. I think I can wait that long.

    Any idea how these compare in size to the originals? 53119 makes a good point.
    Here's a copy of the email I was sent:


    Smaller platform, tucked inwards 18th of an inch and less concave. Always a trade off somewhere right. Same Bushings/internals and build kits are separate but the important UHMW orings that separate the bushing flanges are included inside. Those are what you need to switch to keep flanges happy and pedals dialled.

    Ill try and get a comparison of the DeFacto (current original model) and the AMP soon but nothing strength wise was compromised to get the weight. Shortening all that steel axle and thinning it a bit helped along with the Y format. Racers will love it and all mnt weight guys buit ill still rock the defacto originals because they fit the shoe perfectly and i do not lean into corners at 50 km worrying about clipping rocks. http://straitline.blogspot.com/2008/...-revealed.html

    http://www.edgefactor.com/ef_ep2 watch the tv trailer on us.

    Cheers,
    Greg

  31. #31
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    so where can we order those SL pedals ?

  32. #32
    Dirt McGirt
    Reputation: Burn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    47
    SL lists their distributors on their website. From a given distributor's site you can see if your LBS carries them.

    ...Or just cop 'em on Amazon or eBay when they drop.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigfruits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    861
    heres some more pics and a lil bit of info:
    2011 Straitline AMP Flat Pedals - Sick Lines mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource

    dont really care for graphics but i might order a pair. after and if i can ever decide on what frame i want...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19
    I am searching the internet to find out how slim they are, but I can not find the numbers anywhere. Does anyone know the numbers on these pedals?

  35. #35
    See You At Santos!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    298
    Definitely have my eye on these pedals, sounds like they are right up my alley. I currently ride clipless, but plan to dive into the flats scene and give them a try with all the good reviews I am seeing. Ive started to hit more drops and some freeride we have locally and being clipped in on large jumps is a bit unsettling. Looking forward to the added freedom with good grip like a clipless pedal!

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gman086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,282
    The o-ring/bushing system is better than bearings... you do NOT want you pedals spinning around on you when you take a foot off in the air and back on for landings. Point One does this on purpose too. Should be a very nice pedal and better for me since I like small platforms (Point Ones too big for my tastes). Looking forward to trying some as well as the Deity Compounds which weigh in about the same.

    Have FUN!

    G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    The o-ring/bushing system is better than bearings... you do NOT want you pedals spinning around on you when you take a foot off in the air and back on for landings. Point One does this on purpose too. Should be a very nice pedal and better for me since I like small platforms (Point Ones too big for my tastes). Looking forward to trying some as well as the Deity Compounds which weigh in about the same.

    Have FUN!

    G MAN
    The point ones suck for any kind of ride that requires pedaling uphill. They have the most drag out of every pedal I've ridden. Fantastic pedal for going down (which is what they were designed for), but for anything else they suck. The bearings don't last either.
    Straitline pedals and other pedals I've used don't spin unnecessarily, but they still manage to have no detectable drag when pedaling.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gman086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,282
    Quote Originally Posted by morandi View Post
    The point ones suck for any kind of ride that requires pedaling uphill. They have the most drag out of every pedal I've ridden. Fantastic pedal for going down (which is what they were designed for), but for anything else they suck. The bearings don't last either.
    Straitline pedals and other pedals I've used don't spin unnecessarily, but they still manage to have no detectable drag when pedaling.
    Really?! I've ridden many pedals and I haven't noticed this. Then again I'm on the other side of the fence when I say freehub drag is an issue for speed on downhills so...

    Have FUN!

    G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Really?! I've ridden many pedals and I haven't noticed this. Then again I'm on the other side of the fence when I say freehub drag is an issue for speed on downhills so...

    Have FUN!

    G MAN
    To be honest, I didn't notice it either until I rode them back to back against my wahs wahs and then some straitlines. Big enough difference that I switched pedals.

  40. #40
    inexperienced at large
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,841
    If you have bigger or wider feet, you may prefer their old Defacto (as they call it) pedals more. I run my Straitline Defacto pedals without pins above the axle bore and I prefer it. Straitline seems to be a very smart company, especially with their pedals, so I would trust them. I will keep my Defacto ones until they break though.

  41. #41
    meow, meow.
    Reputation: J. Random Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Are bushing/rebuild kits the same between AMP and Defacto pedals?
    This thread comes up first in a google search for "straitline amp rebuild kit", so I think it's a good place to contain a definitive answer.


    I'm on a pair of Ti axle AMPs now. They are exactly what I was looking for: light, grippy, small platform. My first pair of SL pedals, and I hope they are reliable as well. The machining beats anything Taiwanese. I don't feel any added drag compared to typical 1 ball bearing, 1 bushing Taiwanese pedals -- maybe because it's lost in Hammerschmidt drag (it's a 2x1 bike, so I'm in HS Overdrive mode most of the time).
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

  42. #42
    inexperienced at large
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    Are bushing/rebuild kits the same between AMP and Defacto pedals?
    This thread comes up first in a google search for "straitline amp rebuild kit", so I think it's a good place to contain a definitive answer.


    I'm on a pair of Ti axle AMPs now. They are exactly what I was looking for: light, grippy, small platform. My first pair of SL pedals, and I hope they are reliable as well. The machining beats anything Taiwanese. I don't feel any added drag compared to typical 1 ball bearing, 1 bushing Taiwanese pedals -- maybe because it's lost in Hammerschmidt drag (it's a 2x1 bike, so I'm in HS Overdrive mode most of the time).
    I would recommend emailing them on that question and then you should post up the info you get. Greg at Straitline has always been super fast at responding to all my emails so you'd probably get a quick and reliable response.

    Contact Straitline

    Good to hear you're enjoying them. I'm considering putting them on a more trail oriented bike, but I know they're a bit more narrow so I'm holding off until I could ride someone's bike that has them on there.

  43. #43
    meow, meow.
    Reputation: J. Random Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Question sent to Straitline...
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

  44. #44
    meow, meow.
    Reputation: J. Random Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,322

    Good job! Rebuild kits are the same!

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    Question sent to Straitline...
    ...aaaaand the short answer is YES, the rebuild kits are compatible between AMP and Defacto.


    The long answer is:
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ at Straitline
    Hi Dmitri, Yes the 2 rebuild kits are identical. On a side note all rebuild kits from now on will include an extra set of plastic thrust washers that are slightly thinner, this is to give the option to the customer to have a slightly more free rotating pedal. This was mainly intended for the cross country and AM crowd who wanted less friction. The dirt jumpers usually prefer the opposite, they like their pedals to stay where there feet first leaves contact so they know where the pedal will be when they land a trick. Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to share this info on the forum.
    Cheers,
    DJ
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: moofish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    127
    I have a pair of defactos but I havent really done that many miles on them. My only complaint and its very minor is that the rubber o-rings used for seals are cracked and perishing. The bikes not kept in the sun or mistreated and the pedals are only a few months old. I wouldnt worry about the bushes they are the same ones used on some tank tracks, they are strong. Bushes are nearly always stronger than bearings and bearings wear out quickly under high load and low revs thats why bushes are used in industry. The bushes are made by iGus we use their products at work and they are high quality and very expensive. SL have spared no expense in using them and their rebuilt kits are not that expensive. I would prefer different pins like the spikes have because they can be removed from behind meaning the threads wont get ruined. If the pins get bent then you could cut them off and unscrew from behind. Much better design. but I love my SLs and cant fault the grip I dont have 510s but i still have to lift my foot up to change position. Plus I would rather support Canada than china

  46. #46
    meow, meow.
    Reputation: J. Random Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    I would prefer different pins like the spikes have because they can be removed from behind meaning the threads wont get ruined. If the pins get bent then you could cut them off and unscrew from behind. Much better design.
    But current SL pins can indeed be removed without any harm to the threads, even if the pins themselves are damaged. As I see it, there are 3 kinds of pins:

    1. grub screw type, harmless to threads but can be difficult to remove if damaged.
    2. behind screw type, which, if damaged, require very careful cutting or filing before removal.
    3. hex head type, harmless to threads and always easy to remove because it's hard to damage the hex base.


    (the ordered list above is rendered in a very funny way by Firefox..)
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    But current SL pins can indeed be removed without any harm to the threads, even if the pins themselves are damaged. As I see it, there are 3 kinds of pins:

    1. grub screw type, harmless to threads but can be difficult to remove if damaged.
    2. behind screw type, which, if damaged, require very careful cutting or filing before removal.
    3. hex head type, harmless to threads and always easy to remove because it's hard to damage the hex base.


    (the ordered list above is rendered in a very funny way by Firefox..)
    Very much agree. Thread from the bottom pins are popular for some reason but I've always had issues with removing damaged pins without damaging threads. SL hex pins are the best I've used by far.

    I sold my AMP's because they were smaller than I prefer, now I'm on podiums. I hate the pins, and would love to tap SL hex pin holes. Anyone know what size Tap I need? I emailed SL but no response.
    .

  48. #48
    meow, meow.
    Reputation: J. Random Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Anyone know what size Tap I need? I emailed SL but no response.
    .
    2 extra pins came with my AMPs. I just measured the thread, it's M4 x 0.7 mm.
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    2 extra pins came with my AMPs. I just measured the thread, it's M4 x 0.7 mm.
    Cheers!

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yardstick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    I sold my AMP's because they were smaller than I prefer, now I'm on podiums.
    I was considering selling my AMPs for the same reason. I really like the design of the pedal, but it's just a bit smaller than I would prefer. The DeFactos might be better, but what I would really like to see is a 100x100mm (or larger?) platform with the shape/design attributes of the AMP, but on a DeFacto axle. I'm dreaming, I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Straitline Platform Pedals
    By quazi in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 04:25 AM
  2. Straitline Pedals $116.08
    By rjx in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
  3. Wow straitline pedals are big!...ex5 pic
    By majorbanjo in forum Trek
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM
  4. Straitline Pedals.... where?
    By thrasher_s in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
  5. where can i buy straitline pedals?!?!?!
    By danwrzesinski in forum Specialized
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •