mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Stealth Routed Droppers

Hey guys,

I've been lurking the forums for a good while now and I'm looking for a last bit of advice. Father's day is coming up and I'm looking get get my dad a dropper post. His frame has internal routing, and I know that he wants an infinitely adjustable post.

After a bit of price comparing, I found that the stealth Reverb is hovering around $450, about 150 more than I remembered; while the KS Lev Integra can be found for $330-375. From what I have generally heard, it seems that the reverb is no longer as reliable as it was last year, and that the Lev seems to require frequent maintenance as well. I am simply unsure of which direction to go in given the price difference.

Of course, stealth routing is a nicety, not a requirement. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Chainlove has the KS integra for $299 for the next 6 minutes!

mtbr member
    I don't know which is better but they are both good choices, and I'm sure your dad will be happy and really appreciate that you gave him either one.

Also remember that most expensive doesn't always mean best, and that dads don't necessarily want the most expensive gifts from their kids.

mtbr member
    XFusion's Strate should be hitting the market soon and probably will be cheaper than ones listed so far.

-Brett

mtbr member
    Thomson Covert just came out also.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for all of the replies, I can't believe I missed that deal on chainlove.

I'll keep an eye on the Strate and Covert, I am a little wary of the two given that both Xfusion's and Thomson's previous droppers had quite a few reliability issues. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    honestly has over 2.5 years of great luck with my original Xfusion dropper. Maybe I am outlier, but I will get another new one for sure in the future.

-Brett

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I just got an X Fusion Strate 150mm drop x 30.9. It is awesome super smooth action. Only have two rides under my belt, so cant report on durability. Easy to set up.
    Avoid the Lev integra until they fix the cable attachment mechanism. In its current form it has the potential for serious headaches.
    The reverb stealth is awesome. I would have got that, but I wanted a 150mm drop and they don't do it in a 30.9. That being said the X fusion Strate was only $289 direct from them. They are an easy company to deal with, which made it all the better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by morandi View Post
    I just got an X Fusion Strate 150mm drop x 30.9. It is awesome super smooth action. Only have two rides under my belt, so cant report on durability. Easy to set up.
    Avoid the Lev integra until they fix the cable attachment mechanism. In its current form it has the potential for serious headaches.
    The reverb stealth is awesome. I would have got that, but I wanted a 150mm drop and they don't do it in a 30.9. That being said the X fusion Strate was only $289 direct from them. They are an easy company to deal with, which made it all the better.
    Can't agree more on the Lev Integra. I jumped on installing one thinking it would be as easy as my externally routed Lev. Not the case. The attatchment mechanism on the post is horrible and the way the cable connects to the lever on your bars is even worse. Definitely would not reccomend the Lev Integra.

Even though I own a Lev I would highly reccomend the Reverb. The hydraulic action on the Reverb is so much nicer and smoother than the action on my Lev. I wish I would have had the chance to ride both before buying mine, I definitely would have a Reverb if I had. And even though the Reverb has had some reliability issues, or so I hear, my understanding that Rockshox/SRAM has been extremely easy to deal with regarding any issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
    Can't agree more on the Lev Integra. I jumped on installing one thinking it would be as easy as my externally routed Lev. Not the case. The attatchment mechanism on the post is horrible and the way the cable connects to the lever on your bars is even worse. Definitely would not reccomend the Lev Integra.

Even though I own a Lev I would highly reccomend the Reverb. The hydraulic action on the Reverb is so much nicer and smoother than the action on my Lev. I wish I would have had the chance to ride both before buying mine, I definitely would have a Reverb if I had. And even though the Reverb has had some reliability issues, or so I hear, my understanding that Rockshox/SRAM has been extremely easy to deal with regarding any issues.
    I have been riding the original Reverb for 3 years and it has been very reliable. It does require bleeding the system about once a year. It is a time consuming process that I never look forward to. For this reason I am looking at one of the cable actuated posts for my new Mach 6. I am leaning toward the XFusion stealth. It seems all the posts have problems so why not buy the cheapest? I agree with Pinkbike: "Why can't the manufacturers make a reliable seatpost that only goes up and down a few times per ride when they can make forks reliable that go up and down hundreds of times per ride?"