Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Sr Suntour Durolux forks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
    @ricerooster, the oil is likely from the oil in the lowers. Same thing happens on mine and I have about 15 cc mobil 1 per leg. Dirt hasn't made its way into the fork. The fork has been good after more than 1 year of use (although I haven't been riding as often these past few months).
    Good to hear that seals are doing its job. What wieght of M1 are you using?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    5w-50 because it's the lightest I can get in my area. Darren of suntour says go as light as possible on the viscosity and he uses castrol 0w on his forks.

Have any of you guys added gear oil to the air chamber so air wouldn't leak into the lower leg?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Ok thanks. If I recall correctly I used 5-20...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Ive been using like 35cc of synthetic gear oil in the air spring. I think you have to have a decent amount of oil in there otherwise you will lose air into the lowers. I had to replace the piston head as the oring on the piston wore out very quickly without oil in the air spring causing positive air to leak into the lowers constantly.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just noticed that my 180mm Durolux TAD fork is sitting at 155mm without me sitting on the bike. I thought it looked a little shorter than normal but did not measure until today. I let out all air and then pumped it back up to 50lbs cycled the fork a few times and then pumped it up to 100 and did the same. It is still sitting at 155mm. Anyone know what may cause it to sit down that far into the travel unloaded? I have only been riding it once a week since I put it on this past December.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Had the same problem just in winter. Air leaked from air chamber to lowers. Just unscrew nut at the bottom of the left stanchion and let air escape. Be carefull, because some quantity of oil will also go out with air.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Just a short vid to show how nice my Durolux is working
    It's a 2011 TAD version. Video taken right after maintenance - therefore some oil is visible :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My46-jXC45E

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Finally had a chance to service my fork, it's been over a year and everything looked good. Oil was clean but the foam seals were dry though. The damper was not touched, I'll get to it within the next two months or so. When I reassembled everything back I left the 10wt oil out of the legs and just did grease to see if there's a difference.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2016 Durolux, sweet new damper....

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hi there! Just bought my second hand Suntour Dolorux RC2 TA 180mm and oil is leaking at the Travel Adjustment Assembly! I want to fix it myself but found no one posting how to remove the push button cup.
    My question is? How can i remove the TA Assembly? Shall i turn it left or right or just pull it? I don't know, i do not want to destroy my fork just because of my lack of knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Has anyone tried to see if a 27.5 wheel will fit on the older fork?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Gallema View Post
    Shall i turn it left or right or just pull it? I don't know, i do not want to destroy my fork just because of my lack of knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Did you figure this out?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The cap should just pop off, it's just a press fit top cap and will just lift off the forks crown to allow access to the nutted 27mm socket top cap. This info was originally provided by Nick @ Suntour - (posts as "SRvancouver13" in this forum)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567