Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Hi All,

Just had a chance to review this entire thread. Lots of questions on here but I will do my best to answer them time permitted.

On the 2012 line we are running a bit behind on the manufacturing side but should have product shipping in the coming months. Cost will be $629.99-679.99 depending on model and options.

The TAD is a slightly more Complicated air spring assembly. It uses a coil spring to adjust the stageless travel and can be adjusted either remote or a new push button for the 2012 fork.

In regards to a similiar level 32mm stanchion fork I would have to point folks to the Epicon. It has seen several imporvements this year. New hollow crown borrowed from the Carbon XC Axon, a light weight rebound/compression cartridge (we have never offered compression adjustment on these forks before) and we have listened to our customers and have supplied the forks with more external aluminum parts for better durability and a positive feel. The Epicon comes in either a TAD (external travel adjust 40mm) or the internal adjustment in 140/120/100.

For any service parts in North America feel free to drop us a line or email and we would be happy to assist you!

Well that's what I have time for now.

Feel free to ask any ?'s and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner.

Best,
    Nick

BTW, Niko I love the video's you have been putting together in your free time!!!!!!
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Thank You!

Nick,
    Thank you for the detailed reply.
    Im sure everyone who reads this thread will be most thrilled.
    The Epicon looks amazing and I would love to have one for my hardtail.

Im also really excited on the new damper for the Durolux as the high and low speed compression will only do wonders for the overall ride.

I think the simple question everyone has on this thread is if the fork is good or not?
    Comparing to other forks on the market the Suntour is still unknown and actually hard to find.

If you could get more forks out on the streets and in the mountains people will start to adore is superb plush ride.

I have had to make a lot of modifications to my fork ( every thing I mentioned in my short videos ) making it plush yet firm with a bottomless feel and now its a magical ride.

Everyone who rides my fork here in Japan says it feels like a coil, super plush but ramps up for a smooth ride.

The 2012 offerings look amazing!
    Good job!

RideOn into 2012!

Niko

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Can I have your idea...

I have Marzocchi 22LO 110travel... What if I'll look for a guy to have a swap with his DuroLx 140travel to 180travel? OR I'll sell may Marz then buy a DuroLx?

What is ok? Thanks in advance...

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    In the 2011 TAD, can you convert the 160mm model to 180mm?
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Thaks for the question.The Travel Adjust cartridges come in 2 travel modes. 160 or 180. They cannot be modified to different travel lengths and are preset.

Best,
    Nick

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nick,

any online places you know of selling the new epicons? I can find older models, but haven't been able to locate the new ones...

mtbr member
    Hello,

2012 product is behind schedule just a bit however I do have a small selection here in our North American distribution center.

You will be very hard pressed to find this at any online retailer as the channels will be through IBD's or direct through us for some time until the product has saturated the market either via OEM or Aftermarket sales.

If your after something specific give me a ring.

360-737-6450
    Nick

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Has anyone bought the new RC2 duromax?
    My finger is hovering above the add to cart button

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

RC2 DuroMax

No I havent but its will be awesome!
    Were are you going to buy it from?
    Can you give us a link the site that has them on display.
    Here in Japan my shop says they dont have any 2012 stuff in stock yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Any news on the 2012 Durolux RCA?

Is it out yet. I cant find it on any store sites.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I found a cheap set of new 2010 RCA's that I think Im going to buy. Then possibly drop in the RC2 cart later but only if Im not happy. Although all the reviews, bar the BR one, have been very good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    First ride tonight on the RCA. Wow they are so good! Im a larger rider at 215lbs and I found them super stiff. Far more than the Sektors they replaced. The Sektors were good but these are just a different level. Felt like I was on my dh bike and not my Pitch!

Fair play to everyone on this thread. I wouldnt have bought them otherwise!

Now for a beer to clam down...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Ooky. I drank the kool aid, bit the bullet and pulled the trigger, all at once, on an SF10 RCA.

Sadly I got the 3rd world version with the steel steerer, but at 2500grams with an axle it is still not that heavy.

Anyhow - first impression:
    - the axle is wonderful
    - the sensitivity is superb
    - build quality is fine
    - seals seem OK. Altho the fork seems to sweat some oil
    - adjustments work, but more range would be nice - especially for compression.

Overall on the first impression alone I give it 9/10

neb
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hi, I picked up a set of the new Durolux RC2 the other day, its feels pretty damn good on the first couple of rides out. I was impressed! I need to change the damping oil as I'm right on the end of the rebound adjustment. I'm assuming its easy as part of the the Quick Service Product line...?

I'm assuming I need to get to the top of the stantion to get the damper out, so does anyone know how to take the high and low speed compression dials off??

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Email Suntour about the cartridge. Their support is excellent.

I put the RC2 cart in my older RCA model and found the rebound range to be far better. I was on the limit with the old cart and with this one Im closer to the middle. Im 94kgs.

I got the dials off with 2 plastic tire levers. Required alot of force but again email suntour as Im sure they have a better method of getting it out.

Id urge people to fit the new damper to thier old forks. Massive improvement in performance.

neb
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Did you put the tire levers under the high speed compression dial and lift, or under the low speed compression dial?

I don't want to break them!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Under the big blue one which ever that is.

When putting it back on dont forget to line up the smaller dial with the adjuster. You'll know what I mean when you take it off.

neb
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thats great, thanks for the help.

Forums like this are really helpful!

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    anyone wants to share some more experiences with the new 2012 models?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well...

My fork desintegrated after 2 weeks of use.

At first it worked fine, but quickly started to leak air and refused to stop no matter how I wanted to seal it ( even after doing precisely what SR recommends on their website ). Now to make matters worse, the ebay seller I got it from turned to be a crummy one and I am now waiting my second month to get a replacement or a refund.

To make matters more ironic - when it worked, it was truly phenomenal. Right there with zoke 66 rc2 eta I had some time earlier

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Write Suntour an email. Id be suprised if they dont help you out.

mtbr member
    wow, this thread is eye opening! i recently got a NS Soda, and it would be great to have a high performing, stiff fork that can be adjusted externally between 180 and 150. what model would I want for the highest end model in the 5.5lb ish wt range?

i pretty much assumed such a fork did not exist! i've just been doing internal adjustments when I want to go from trail to big bike mode, which is time consuming

Nicholas, I remember enjoying your videos from when you were riding a banshee. great to see that youre still at it and have been stepping up your game most impressively!! A+ tutorial, really classic stuff

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I've got a Duro FR20 which is the 160mm spring version. It's brand new and has a nasty clunk on sharp impacts (hitting a 1 inch tall crack in a sidewalk for example). I took it off the bike and verified the clunk is in the fork.... I can make it clunk just but giving it a quick shove to compress it.

It seems like a nice fork so I'll give Suntour a chance to make it right before I buy a new fork!

I e-mailed Suntour to see what they say, we'll see!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    nicholas, I have a new 2011 durolux tad 120-160 travel, I want to follow your oil set-up do you think it is aplicable too on durolux TAD?thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    haven't seen any on ebay lately.anybody know where to get the fork cheap?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    haven't seen any on ebay lately.anybody know where to get the fork cheap?
    just bought on ebay 3hrs ago new 120-160 durolux tad for 250 free shiiping

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vwsb74 View Post
    just bought on ebay 3hrs ago new 120-160 durolux tad for 250 free shiiping
    You must have got the last one.I'll keep that price in mind for later.Might be a good fork for my GT Sanction if it has a 1 1/8 steerer.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hello!

Im sorry I have never overhauled the TAD version.
    The dampers are the same but, the air spring is different.
    I would love to take one apart and more so give it a ride!

Please have fun and if you have any questions just let me know.

Recently I have been riding the new 2012 durolux RCA2 and its super smooth!

RideOn!

Niko

mtbr member
    Hi All,

The TAD cartridge should not be tampered with as we do not design it to be disassembled and put back together. It is a maintenance free unit and comes in 2 variations depending on the desired travel. 180-140 and 160-120.

I have been running a 26" version in my 29er so that the travel is 120-80. Really is good at lowering the front end on long steep climbs and the air pressure progression is pretty good. I do like the option however to adjust the air volume in our regular air forks however as it just gives the ability for more tuning.

The compression/rebound cartridge is the same on the Durolux so modifications can be made. I will say that only the experienced and well verse do these mods as once the cartridge is open it will void the warranty. On our most recent RC2 cartridges I see less need to even make these modifications as they were taking into consideration during The RC2's developement. The Durolux for 2013 is really a fantastic fork.

If anyone has any questions about these forks shoot me an email. Also we allow consumer direct

Best, Nick
    nmoore@srsuntourna.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Where can I buy the 2013 durolux tad? I been searching on the net but I found nothing but one on ebay only? I need one for really bad

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vwsb74 View Post
    Where can I buy the 2013 durolux tad? I been searching on the net but I found nothing but one on ebay only? I need one for really bad:madmax:
    Here's a useful site tool that will help you look for your parts.Use the search features.
    Good luck!
    Z
    Road Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Bike Parts | Best Bike Prices - QBike.com
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    In terms of replacement parts or upgraded cartridges, we currently have them in stock for all of our upper end models.

Feel free to give us a call if you need anything.

Nick
    360-737-6450
    nmoore@srsuntourna.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post
    In terms of replacement parts or upgraded cartridges, we currently have them in stock for all of our upper end models.

Feel free to give us a call if you need anything.

Nick
    360-737-6450
    nmoore@srsuntourna.com
    Nick, so how much is the new rc2 cartridge ? This will fit on my 2011 TAD? Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have Durolux RC2 2013 on my Merida One-Sixty and want to make oil service. Does anybody know oil volumes for air chamber and damper leg?
    And is it possible to change travel from 160 to 180 mm?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Any available bushing kit for the 2011 RCA online? mine has developed some play

And can I fit enduro fork seals on it by any chance?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hi.

I'm also a proud owner of new Durolux TA-RC2 140-180 2012, They are WERRY plush (like my old zokis 66RCV), but happynes was preaty short...after yust a couple of rides forks developed same back and forwerd play and they vibrate preaty much when breaking...

So, is there any bushing kit available (if it is in Europe it would be perfect)?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    if its still covered with warranty then ring your supplier, they change the bushings free of charge.

unfortunately mine is out of warranty

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Forks are 3 weaks old so the repairs should be covered with warranty....but we (Slovenia) dont have a suplier so the forks were bougth in Germany, and I'm not wery fond of shipping them to Germany becouse it can easely hapen that I'll be for months without them....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sorry to hear that...3 months...how much riding and what type? mine 2 years old and enduro/park/light dh riding, apart from the bushing issue nothing wrong

I am from Hungary so pretty much same here...friend of mine had to do the same. sent the forks to Germany...as far as I can remember it took 3 weeks...till he got it back..not sure though...could be more

as I heard the new 2013 models have different bushings kinda like fox forks have but wouldnt bet my bottom dollar on it

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Not 3 months, 3 WEAKS...3 to 4 days of a weak of trail riding, no jumping, but I'm kind of a big bloak (190 cm/100 kg full gear)....

I wrote to Suntour directly and still waiting for reply...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    oh dear I misread it then...3 weeks ? nothing to say really

mtbr member
    If anyone has any questions about these forks shoot me an email ...
    what are the differences in the durolux for SF13?

thx ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    what are the differences in the durolux for SF13?

thx ...
    We did not make any changes from 2012-2014 so no SF13. We do have a upgarded SF14 model that has minor modifications in the RC2 cartridge in terms of stock oil and ports. There may have been a minor adjustment in the lower casting but I am not 100% sure on this yet as information is still coming in.

We have the new SF14 Durolux's in stock if you wanted to place an order.

Cheers Nick.360-737-6450

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Re: Sr Suntour Durolux

Seriously thinking about a 2013 RC2 vs a 2013 Marz 55 CR. Anyone here has any experience with both? Need to make a decision soon.

Posted via Tapatalk

Im not as good as my bike
    Sep 2008
    I have experience of Pike 454 Dual Air 09 and Marzocchi 55 RC3 09 on my SC Heckler and having been riding my SF12 Durolux RC2 for about a month can honestly say they are a better fork than the Pikes (which were lighter but not as controlled) and as good as the 55's (which were a lot heavier).

The price new for the Durolux was Ł375, about the same price as a used decent condition Lyrik or Fox 36 in the UK which I was also considering but I am glad I gambled on the Durolux, so far an excellent product. Obviously I cannot quote on the long term durability of these forks yet but I have been running some Epicons on my winter hardtail for a year in the British mud and also commuting with absolutely no issues so that influenced my decision along with a lot of online reading of positive views. The only minuses so far was that the packaging is a bit of a non event and Suntour need to get their arses in gear with some decent tech info for servicing, oil levels etc, this can be a deal breaker for some.

Soooo all in all a fork that performs well above its price point, very tuneable, potentially very serviceable and with the superb Q-Loc axle, better than any I have tried before and very solid.

Hope this helps and yep I understand the scepticism of Suntour, they have not helped themselves with their shocking low end efforts over the years.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I went ahead and bought the 2013 RC2.

Here in the Philippines, the price is about US$300 or €230, which is about 1/3 that of a Fox 34. I have been out on 2 rides thus far and have been very happy (more like shocked, really) with the performance.

I weigh 130lbs and loaded roughly 60psi for a 25% sag (for prospective buyers, try putting in half your weight in PSI initially and work from there). Rebound settings are right in the middle while I still try to figure out hi- and lo- speed compression settings.

For such a great fork, the only disappointments for me have been the following:

• Poor documentation on the manual / CD (no word whatsoever on hi- and lo- speed compression, language used could be a lot better as well)
    • Bland white box, and lack of extra decals/stickers (would help with your marketing if your customers could market it for you on shelves, cars, helmets, etc)
    • No O-ring included (a funky blue O-ring to match the decals on the 2013 would have been great)

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    A question for Durolux TAD users, does the fork extend itself to max travel when in use even if set to a shorter travel? I have an Epicon 100-140mm TA, where if I set it at 100mm, the travel setting creeps to 140mm during use. I don't mind the Epicon at its maximum 140mm since my frame (Haro Shift) feels ok with that. But the Durolux I want to get has a max travel of 160mm (120 to 160 TA). I want to use the fork in 130mm most of the time. I want to use the max travel only for very steep downhills but if the fork will creep on its own to 160mm then I will not get the fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    suntour durolux is confusing! there is cts rc2 and rc only and I don't don't know the difference. weird advertising.

mtbr member
    The Acronym's can be confusing.

CTS = Conical tapered steerer
    RC2 = Rebound, independent high and low speed compression
    RC - Rebound, high speed compression
    TA = External travel adjust (180-140 or 160-120)
    Qloc2 = Tool free quick thru axle 15 and 20
    RL = Remote Lock out
    LO= lock out

Hope that helps.

Nick

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hi,
    I just found this interesting thread and would like to ask one thing to Nick (@SRvancouver13) or other experienced Durolux owners:

Is the rebound different from 2011 cartridge and RC2 cartridge?

I would like to upgrade my fork, but since I find the rebound is not effettive on my 2011MY I would like to be sure the rebound in the RC2 cartridge works better.
    Thanks a lot for your answers.

mtbr member
    I would say that the RC2 cartridges are better in several key ways.

1. Service is easier as the access point is at the top of the cartridge.
    2. Cartridges dropped 80-100g's depending on the model
    3. RC2's have a greater adjustable range than the older RC and R cartridges from the past.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by freesko View Post
    Hi,
    I just found this interesting thread and would like to ask one thing to Nick (@SRvancouver13) or other experienced Durolux owners:

Is the rebound different from 2011 cartridge and RC2 cartridge?

I would like to upgrade my fork, but since I find the rebound is not effettive on my 2011MY I would like to be sure the rebound in the RC2 cartridge works better.
    Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Rebound is disaster. Not working at all on my new RC2 2012, but this problem easy to fix by making simple rebound sting upgrade. Just remove 2mm from rebound sting and wuala - rebound is working!

Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-p4pb10225793.jpg

Is anyone knows where to get new bushings ???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hepb74 View Post
    Rebound is disaster. Not working at all on my new RC2 2012, but this problem easy to fix by making simple rebound sting upgrade. Just remove 2mm from rebound sting and wuala - rebound is working!
    So you have opened the RC2 cartridge... do you have more pictures of the internals? Does the rebound piston have a high-speed rebound shimstack?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    This is cartridge internals (cartridge is from old version, but rebound is the same). So RC2 don't have rebound shim stack. Rebound sting is №4
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-p4pb10225792.jpg
    Picture taken from the topic about HUGE modifying of previous versions of DUROLUX and DURO FR20 (2008-2011) and some upgrades of new ones (2012-2013). It is a russian forum forum.dirt.ru/showthread.php?t=197201

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I pulled the trigger and purchased an sf12 Durolux TA rc2 180mm. It'll be going on a Diamondback scapegoat that I'm currently building, hopefully I won't be disappointed sofar the reviews have been pretty good. I like to service my fork, I've done 2011 Fox van rc2 and a 2011 Marz 55 micro. I have some questions for those who ar are experienced with this year/model. Is this fork good out of the box or should I do some mods?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here it is on a DB scapegoat I just built. Its got the push button travel adjust from 180mm-140mm.

Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-20131120_115100.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Damn! Awesome build! Is rebound range satisfies you ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Sr Suntour Durolux forks?

Damn! Awesome build!
    Thanks, all components transferred over perfectly from my last frame which was a Giant AC1 and so far I'm pretty impress with the fork.

mtbr member
    Hi All,

Interesting breakdown of the old MY2010 cartridge from above. Indeed that cartridge did not have the same amount of adjust ability that our current RC2 cartridges have. That is why we no longer make it and have tweaked some of the internal components.

Cheers, Nick

Cool bike BTW

mtbr member
    Hi All,

Interesting breakdown of the old MY2010 cartridge from above. Indeed that cartridge did not have the same amount of adjust ability that our current RC2 cartridges have. That is why we no longer make it and have tweaked some of the internal components.

Cheers, Nick
    Yeah, I figured out it was an older damper, it didn't have the bulge around the base-valve like you see here.
    But can you tell me whether the current rebound piston has a high-speed shim stack?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb10225793.jpg 
Views:	2517 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	845621

Is anyone knows where to get new bushings ???
    I have the same issue With the current fork I just bought. Rebound is slow at fastest setting and feels about the same at the slowest setting. Would I be able to fix this with a lower weight oil in the cartridge, if I can what weight recommended, and volume? I weight 160lbs with gear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    delete..
    Last edited by hepb74; 11-25-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: wrong info

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    An edit to what I posted earlier, is to avoid modifying the rebound sting...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Previous rebound sting hint works only with old versions (2010-2011). New versions of fork has different cartridge -
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-dsc008131.jpg

rebound sting -
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-dsc008151.jpg

4 ricerooster - volume level of oil. Simple way to find out is take cartridge apart and see how much oil inside, and put same amount of oil =)
    I've done it yesterday, but don't have any cup with volume measure.

mtbr member
    Oil Volume below

FUN074-05 14DUROLUX-RC2 78cc 11cSt(2.5wt) 588mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thanks for the reply hepb74, Suntour responded to the email i sent with oil weight of the cartridge is 10wt and oil volume is 72cc for the 180mm fork. 10wt is recommended but to try a lighter wt if I needed to, which I did with 5wt Belray fork oil. When I poured out the stock oil of the cartridge it measured 55cc. I re-poured 5wt oil with 72cc as recommended in the email but when I compressed the cartridge rod I could barely get half a stroke, this is with the settings fully open. I re-poured again with 65cc of oil and everything is working properly with noticeable differences when making adjustments with rebound and compression. I'll be headed to Bootleg canyon to give it a full test on how it handles with that type terrain. If the oil is to light i'll put some 7.5wt golden spectro that i have extra laying around.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Oil Volume below

FUN074-05 14DUROLUX-RC2 78cc 11cSt(2.5wt) 588mm
    Thanks for the reply, this is what I was sent for this cartridge:
    FUN074-00 72cc 10wt. 588mm length cartridge

mtbr member
    Yes that is correct for that model of cartridge. There will be a part number on the sticker of the cartridge that indicates the model you own.

BTW it is important that the oil is removed from the top of the cartridge and not the center as it is shown above as you will not be able to get oil into the compression circuit.

Cheers Nick

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yes that is correct for that model of cartridge. There will be a part number on the sticker of the cartridge that indicates the model you own.

BTW it is important that the oil is removed from the top of the cartridge and not the center as it is shown above as you will not be able to get oil into the compression circuit.

Cheers Nick
    Thanks for the heads up Nick...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thank you, guys for helpful info! Ricerooster, plz write your thoughts or mb short review about fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2013 SR Suntour Durolux rc2 TA 180mm Video and Review

Just to update this thread I made a video of the current model fork I have in action. I'll create a thread on the suspension section as a personal review. Here's what I put on the YouTube description:

Don't be fooled because it's branded with the name Suntour this Fork is super plush and controlled. Having High speed, Low speed, and Travel adjust makes it an amazing fork especially for the price a paid for it new. The ability to drop the travel with just a push of the button helped get me to the top, you do have to stop in order to bring the travel back up, unless you've got the skill to do a one handed wheelie and push the TA button. The fork you see is not out of the box and has been modified by me, although in stock form it was great I just wanted to mess around with different oil weights and volume for the rc2 cartridge. I'll be shooting a video on the ease of dissembling this fork and cartridge. Here's the info on the video:

Terrain: loos over hard pack and some rocks ( next video will be at bootleg canyon)
    Bike: 2011 Diamondback Scapegoat
    Fork modifications:
    RC2 cartridge: Fox 10wt red oil @ 65ml (10wt is the recommended oil by Suntour, I did try 5wt and 7.5wt but were to mushy)
    Fork legs: 20cc of M1 5w-30 synthetic oil (Stock is has no oil just grease)
    Fork setting on the video:
    Rider weight: 160lbs
    Air: 60psi
    Sag: 25%
    LSC: 2 clicks from full open (total of 9 clicks)
    HSC: 3 clicks from full open (total of 14 clicks)
    Rebound: 1 click from the fastest setting
    Tires: Kenda Excavator 2.35 tubless setup @24psi

Just a disclaimer, what I did is all based on my personal preference and I'm fully aware that by dissembling the cartridge I voided the warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here's the link on the Suspension forum it's a bit more detailed:

2013 SR Suntour Durolux rc2 TA 180mm Video and Review

Im not as good as my bike
    Sep 2008
    Nice post mate, look forward to the video cause there is nothing about servicing/oil change on the new cartridge around, would appreciate it.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Boštjan View Post
    Hi.

I'm also a proud owner of new Durolux TA-RC2 140-180 2012, They are WERRY plush (like my old zokis 66RCV), but happynes was preaty short...after yust a couple of rides forks developed same back and forwerd play and they vibrate preaty much when breaking...

So, is there any bushing kit available (if it is in Europe it would be perfect)?
    Here is the reply to my previous writing. I found out that in Slovenia we have an official repairer, so I sent forks to them. They changed the bushings and RC2 cartridge. After one month of easy riding, cartridge broke once again and now I'm waiting for a substitution.
    Slowly losing patience with my Durolux and already looking for a replacement.

When cardridge fails, it feals like that compression is full on, but I ride it full open.

Does anybody have such problems with the cartridges?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Wink durolux compatible with marzocchi 55?

Could any of you durolux tinkerers please measure the distance between the inner legs and stanchion diameter with a caliper please? (metric system please)

my new frame is 27" and I have tried most 160mm forks out there, but none are close to my 55 rc3 ti in small bump compliance. marzocchi is nowhere near releasing a 35mm stanchion 27"-compatible fork, and it is not possible to find any info onwhether the 350 lowers will fit the 55, on the side, it is also ^}{%{^~!! 15mm axle.

suntour used to make the 55 fork for marzocchi, so I'm contemplating whether the durolux lower will fit the 55? I see no reason why suntour wouldn' t reuse the same casts..

mtbr member
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-aaa-dbscgt2014-1024x741-.jpg

I loved the above Scapegoat- nice. I have a 2012 Scapegoat and 2012 Suntour Durolux 180mm. Love the fork and love the bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I've got the 2013 Durolux RC2 and I've only had one ride on it unfortunately (I'm trying to sell my frame to fund another) But it was without a doubt the best performing fork I have ever ridden. So much so that I've convinced my mate to order a set! I'm really trying to be a bit more mecanically minded, and although I understand the negative spring and air chamber etc. I'm still unsure as to how the damper works? What sort of volumes and weights of oil should be used for a 65kg rider?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojoaf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAA-DBSCGT2014 (1024x741).jpg 
Views:	2557 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	892846

I loved the above Scapegoat- nice. I have a 2012 Scapegoat and 2012 Suntour Durolux 180mm. Love the fork and love the bike.
    I could not agree more....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Is there anywhere I can get the Q-loc2 axle aftermarket? I'm fed up of the q-loc jamming inside my wheel :P

mtbr member
    Absolutely. Just give us a call to place an order.

Cheers. Nick 855-205-BIKE

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    @Hertz32: I see you live in england. I've been looking to buy a RC2 upgrade cartridge and Q-loc2 axle from GoCycle in Germany.

http://www.gocycle.de/f.php/shop/goc...-_Ersatzteile/

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Brilliant! Cheers @LasseB
    @SRvancouver1 I would, but as LasseB points out, I'm in the UK. Love to see you guys being so helpful though! I knew there was a reason I've converted 3 of my mates to Suntour enthusiasts, one has even sold his Lyrics and bought some SF14 Durolux RC2's

mtbr member
    You can also reach to our European colleagues for assistance. If they do not have the items they can direct you to a place for purchase.

service@srsuntour-cycling.com

Cheers. Nick

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey,
    Just came back from my workshop after changing bushings in my durolux. I can testify that the guys at Suntour European support is friendly but also a bit slow. It took them about 8 months to supply new bushings. I contacted them directly but they told me to contact my local distributor. So the order went through the swedish (yeah, I'm in Sweden) distributor to Suntour Europe and then they kind of slept on it. Distributor had to remind them a couple of times and eventually I had to write them a sour email myself to get it out their doors. But they compensated by sending me new bushings for the Durolux and my Epicon free of charge and i could pick them up at my lbs. A nice gestrure in the end. I'm not saying it was bad service, they were fast to reply once contacted but it was a bit slow to get things done.

Just some input.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

The Durolux!

Hey Guys!
    The Durolux fork and shock have both been running great!
    Here is a simple fork overhaul maintenance.
    I have been getting lots of request for a damper overhaul video too but, that will have to be in the future!

SrSuntour Durolux 20 steps Maintenance Overhaul Video - Pinkbike

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/358653/

Then here is my first ride and impression on the rear durolux shock!

The DX Durolux Shock from SrSuntour Video - Pinkbike

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/343179/

RideOn!
    Niko

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Does anyone know if you guys are planning on building a Durolux rear shock with a piggyback?
    I'd love a high end piggyback DX
    Last edited by Hertz32; 05-20-2014 at 10:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Durolux Damper Overhaul

Here is a look inside the Durolux's Damper!
    A simple overhaul of this beautiful fork!

RideOn,
    Niko

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Arigatou gozaimasu Niko!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Your Welcome Buddy!
    I hope this video come out pretty good and easy to understand!
    Just PM me if you have a question!
    RideOn Brother!

Niko

mtbr member
    Sorry guys I posted this already.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hey guys,
    I've just noticed a knocking/clicking sound coming from the durolux, it happens whenever the fork is compressed, no matter how small. It clicks just as it starts to extend after absorbing a hit, could it be the bushings? or do I just need to lube the air piston again?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas poetker View Post
    Here is a look inside the Durolux's Damper!
    A simple overhaul of this beautiful fork!

youtube;ySayfHGcX5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySayfHGcX5I

RideOn,
    Niko
    Hi, Niko!
    Thanks for your new Video. I have Durolux RC2'13
    1. Did you damper have a small cone spring between Compression chamber and rebound chamber? I can't see it at your video, but i have it in my damper.
    2. I could not fill to my damper more than 64 cc of oil. If I will fill 72cc I will loose a part of travel.
    3. Do you allow to be a small quantity of air in damper during assemble?
    4. I have a strange hiss sound during rebounding - is it normally? It become louder when rebound speed set to slowest.

PS. It seems you became a little bigger.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertz32 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've just noticed a knocking/clicking sound coming from the durolux, it happens whenever the fork is compressed, no matter how small. It clicks just as it starts to extend after absorbing a hit, could it be the bushings? or do I just need to lube the air piston again?
    I had a same problem after the first oil change. It sound from damper, low speed compression part. When I changed oil the second time (2,5wt), sound disappear.
    2 days ago I fill the damper with 10W oil and it seems that sound returned. But I need a little more time to check.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hi thank you very much!
    Yes, I have become a little bigger!
    Too much post riding beer and big meals!
    However, I still ride lots and lift weights 5 days a week.
    hahahahhah

Ok, Im sure if you watch the video you can see the little spring.
    Maybe I forgot to film it, but yes mine is there.

As for the oil level, you must play with it.
    You want to get full travel so, if 64cc is where your damper settles in full travel then thats perfect. I like my fork to ramp up at the end so I think for me 72cc felt good.

Yes, there is a small cavity of air in the damper, its a straight damper with no internal floating piston or rubber bladder.

The hissing sound you experience is just the oil and air moving through the shims.
    Its normal in this fork or damper because there is air in the system.
    If there was a rubber bladder or internal floating piston(IFP) then the hiss would go away.

Its a sound I too dont like but the fork in general is pure butter and feels very reliable.
    It would be cool if Suntour is conjuring a way to keep cost low and battle the cavitation hiss!

Thank you for the feedback, let me know if you need anything else!

RideOn,

Niko

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Niko, thanks for you answer.
    I can confirm that fork is a very plush.
    I removed yellow drum from air chamber to exceed air volume (i saw this suggestions for new SR Auron). As a result a have SAG not more than 25mm and the fork is working good without breakdown. I'm 76 kg dressed, pressure 54-56 psi.
    What is your tuning of compressions? How much clicks from full-open for LSC and HSC?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone knows of the real world weight of Durolux TA forks? I'm looking for the weight of 120-160 1-1/8 fork but not been able to find it. Thank you in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Any updates on your Durolux fork? So far so good on my 2013 TA model, I'll be servicing mine soon. I'm noticing oil coming out of the seals, I'm not sure if it's the grease I packed under neath the seals or the 10cc of M1 on the lowers. Either way I'll find out if dirt made it's way in....

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ricerooster View Post
    Any updates on your Durolux fork? So far so good on my 2013 TA model, I'll be servicing mine soon. I'm noticing oil coming out of the seals, I'm not sure if it's the grease I packed under neath the seals or the 10cc of M1 on the lowers. Either way I'll find out if dirt made it's way in....

Mine was loosing some air from the air chamber in to fork leg. After rebuild leak is gone. After one season i can say - this fork one of the best offers on market for the price.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    @ricerooster, the oil is likely from the oil in the lowers. Same thing happens on mine and I have about 15 cc mobil 1 per leg. Dirt hasn't made its way into the fork. The fork has been good after more than 1 year of use (although I haven't been riding as often these past few months).

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Just had my 2013 RC2 serviced. Used 5W oil for the first time and cleaned out the internals and regreased the springs.

It got so plush I had to change settings (more psi and clicks).

The ride changed dramatically. Definitely the best bang for the buck AM fork out in the market today.

Posted using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14