Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I would say that the RC2 cartridges are better in several key ways.

1. Service is easier as the access point is at the top of the cartridge.
    2. Cartridges dropped 80-100g's depending on the model
    3. RC2's have a greater adjustable range than the older RC and R cartridges from the past.
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by freesko View Post
    Hi,
    I just found this interesting thread and would like to ask one thing to Nick (@SRvancouver13) or other experienced Durolux owners:

Is the rebound different from 2011 cartridge and RC2 cartridge?

I would like to upgrade my fork, but since I find the rebound is not effettive on my 2011MY I would like to be sure the rebound in the RC2 cartridge works better.
    Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Rebound is disaster. Not working at all on my new RC2 2012, but this problem easy to fix by making simple rebound sting upgrade. Just remove 2mm from rebound sting and wuala - rebound is working!

Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-p4pb10225793.jpg

Is anyone knows where to get new bushings ???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hepb74 View Post
    Rebound is disaster. Not working at all on my new RC2 2012, but this problem easy to fix by making simple rebound sting upgrade. Just remove 2mm from rebound sting and wuala - rebound is working!
    So you have opened the RC2 cartridge... do you have more pictures of the internals? Does the rebound piston have a high-speed rebound shimstack?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    This is cartridge internals (cartridge is from old version, but rebound is the same). So RC2 don't have rebound shim stack. Rebound sting is №4
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-p4pb10225792.jpg
    Picture taken from the topic about HUGE modifying of previous versions of DUROLUX and DURO FR20 (2008-2011) and some upgrades of new ones (2012-2013). It is a russian forum forum.dirt.ru/showthread.php?t=197201

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I pulled the trigger and purchased an sf12 Durolux TA rc2 180mm. It'll be going on a Diamondback scapegoat that I'm currently building, hopefully I won't be disappointed sofar the reviews have been pretty good. I like to service my fork, I've done 2011 Fox van rc2 and a 2011 Marz 55 micro. I have some questions for those who ar are experienced with this year/model. Is this fork good out of the box or should I do some mods?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here it is on a DB scapegoat I just built. Its got the push button travel adjust from 180mm-140mm.

Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-20131120_115100.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Damn! Awesome build! Is rebound range satisfies you ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Sr Suntour Durolux forks?

Damn! Awesome build!
    Thanks, all components transferred over perfectly from my last frame which was a Giant AC1 and so far I'm pretty impress with the fork.

mtbr member
    Hi All,

Interesting breakdown of the old MY2010 cartridge from above. Indeed that cartridge did not have the same amount of adjust ability that our current RC2 cartridges have. That is why we no longer make it and have tweaked some of the internal components.

Cheers, Nick

Cool bike BTW

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post
    Hi All,

Interesting breakdown of the old MY2010 cartridge from above. Indeed that cartridge did not have the same amount of adjust ability that our current RC2 cartridges have. That is why we no longer make it and have tweaked some of the internal components.

Cheers, Nick
    Yeah, I figured out it was an older damper, it didn't have the bulge around the base-valve like you see here.
    But can you tell me whether the current rebound piston has a high-speed shim stack?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Sr Suntour Durolux forks?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb10225793.jpg 
Views:	743 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	845621

Is anyone knows where to get new bushings ???
    I have the same issue With the current fork I just bought. Rebound is slow at fastest setting and feels about the same at the slowest setting. Would I be able to fix this with a lower weight oil in the cartridge, if I can what weight recommended, and volume? I weight 160lbs with gear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    delete..
    Last edited by hepb74; 11-25-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: wrong info

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    An edit to what I posted earlier, is to avoid modifying the rebound sting...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Previous rebound sting hint works only with old versions (2010-2011). New versions of fork has different cartridge -
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-dsc008131.jpg

rebound sting -
    Sr Suntour Durolux forks?-dsc008151.jpg

4 ricerooster - volume level of oil. Simple way to find out is take cartridge apart and see how much oil inside, and put same amount of oil =)
    I've done it yesterday, but don't have any cup with volume measure.

mtbr member
    Oil Volume below

FUN074-05 14DUROLUX-RC2 78cc 11cSt(2.5wt) 588mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thanks for the reply hepb74, Suntour responded to the email i sent with oil weight of the cartridge is 10wt and oil volume is 72cc for the 180mm fork. 10wt is recommended but to try a lighter wt if I needed to, which I did with 5wt Belray fork oil. When I poured out the stock oil of the cartridge it measured 55cc. I re-poured 5wt oil with 72cc as recommended in the email but when I compressed the cartridge rod I could barely get half a stroke, this is with the settings fully open. I re-poured again with 65cc of oil and everything is working properly with noticeable differences when making adjustments with rebound and compression. I'll be headed to Bootleg canyon to give it a full test on how it handles with that type terrain. If the oil is to light i'll put some 7.5wt golden spectro that i have extra laying around.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Oil Volume below

FUN074-05 14DUROLUX-RC2 78cc 11cSt(2.5wt) 588mm
    Thanks for the reply, this is what I was sent for this cartridge:
    FUN074-00 72cc 10wt. 588mm length cartridge

mtbr member
    Yes that is correct for that model of cartridge. There will be a part number on the sticker of the cartridge that indicates the model you own.

BTW it is important that the oil is removed from the top of the cartridge and not the center as it is shown above as you will not be able to get oil into the compression circuit.

Cheers Nick

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yes that is correct for that model of cartridge. There will be a part number on the sticker of the cartridge that indicates the model you own.

BTW it is important that the oil is removed from the top of the cartridge and not the center as it is shown above as you will not be able to get oil into the compression circuit.

Cheers Nick
    Thanks for the heads up Nick...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thank you, guys for helpful info! Ricerooster, plz write your thoughts or mb short review about fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2013 SR Suntour Durolux rc2 TA 180mm Video and Review

Just to update this thread I made a video of the current model fork I have in action. I'll create a thread on the suspension section as a personal review. Here's what I put on the YouTube description:

Don't be fooled because it's branded with the name Suntour this Fork is super plush and controlled. Having High speed, Low speed, and Travel adjust makes it an amazing fork especially for the price a paid for it new. The ability to drop the travel with just a push of the button helped get me to the top, you do have to stop in order to bring the travel back up, unless you've got the skill to do a one handed wheelie and push the TA button. The fork you see is not out of the box and has been modified by me, although in stock form it was great I just wanted to mess around with different oil weights and volume for the rc2 cartridge. I'll be shooting a video on the ease of dissembling this fork and cartridge. Here's the info on the video:

Terrain: loos over hard pack and some rocks ( next video will be at bootleg canyon)
    Bike: 2011 Diamondback Scapegoat
    Fork modifications:
    RC2 cartridge: Fox 10wt red oil @ 65ml (10wt is the recommended oil by Suntour, I did try 5wt and 7.5wt but were to mushy)
    Fork legs: 20cc of M1 5w-30 synthetic oil (Stock is has no oil just grease)
    Fork setting on the video:
    Rider weight: 160lbs
    Air: 60psi
    Sag: 25%
    LSC: 2 clicks from full open (total of 9 clicks)
    HSC: 3 clicks from full open (total of 14 clicks)
    Rebound: 1 click from the fastest setting
    Tires: Kenda Excavator 2.35 tubless setup @24psi

Just a disclaimer, what I did is all based on my personal preference and I'm fully aware that by dissembling the cartridge I voided the warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here's the link on the Suspension forum it's a bit more detailed:

2013 SR Suntour Durolux rc2 TA 180mm Video and Review

Im not as good as my bike
    Sep 2008
    Nice post mate, look forward to the video cause there is nothing about servicing/oil change on the new cartridge around, would appreciate it.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Boštjan View Post
    Hi.

I'm also a proud owner of new Durolux TA-RC2 140-180 2012, They are WERRY plush (like my old zokis 66RCV), but happynes was preaty short...after yust a couple of rides forks developed same back and forwerd play and they vibrate preaty much when breaking...

So, is there any bushing kit available (if it is in Europe it would be perfect)?
    Here is the reply to my previous writing. I found out that in Slovenia we have an official repairer, so I sent forks to them. They changed the bushings and RC2 cartridge. After one month of easy riding, cartridge broke once again and now I'm waiting for a substitution.
    Slowly losing patience with my Durolux and already looking for a replacement.

When cardridge fails, it feals like that compression is full on, but I ride it full open.

Does anybody have such problems with the cartridges?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Wink durolux compatible with marzocchi 55?

Could any of you durolux tinkerers please measure the distance between the inner legs and stanchion diameter with a caliper please? (metric system please)

my new frame is 27" and I have tried most 160mm forks out there, but none are close to my 55 rc3 ti in small bump compliance. marzocchi is nowhere near releasing a 35mm stanchion 27"-compatible fork, and it is not possible to find any info onwhether the 350 lowers will fit the 55, on the side, it is also ^}{%{^~!! 15mm axle.

suntour used to make the 55 fork for marzocchi, so I'm contemplating whether the durolux lower will fit the 55? I see no reason why suntour wouldn' t reuse the same casts..

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast