mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Springs for my Noleen Chubby Lt

Hey Guys,

New to the board and I am gettting back into mountain biking.
    I have a practically new K2 Animal and I wanted to replace the elastamers with springs... anyone have a reco where and what to get?
    I am a big guy so I want a stiff spring.

thanks for your time
    Duane

Chillin the Most
    As a former k2 owner (99 Karate Monkey w/ Chubby LT) and employee, Im going to be honest with you, your probably sh!t out of luck on finding any parts for either the K2 bike or the Chubby fork. Both of those are @ 15 yrs old and even then there wasnt even much in the way of upgrades for the Chubby, even less for the k2 bikes themselves, even when they were brand new. The only company that I know that ever made aftermarket parts (springs) for the Noleen Chubby's was MRP and that was loooooooooooooooong ago.

Here is a link to the manual if you need it http://idriders.com/proflex/resource...bby_manual.pdf also link to old site for the K2 Riders forum with some helpful info Proflex / K2 Riders Group Tech Archive

My advice buy a new fork, keep in mind the LT only had 125mm (5") of travel.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    if i remember well i had mine fitted with marzocchi z1 spings back in the day.

i would not spend too much time/money on this... get a newer used fork, it will work lots better anyway
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Wow... blast from the past!!! I had one on a K2 Beast. Yeah MRP back then was making upgrade spring-kits for everything. They felt much better than the elastomers.

I'm sure you could find fork springs that fit the diameter of the fork tubes.

If I recall, there were no dampers in those forks. I agree that you could easily find a used 5" travel-plus fork out there that works better.
    -2000 Giant DH Team
    -2003 Balfa BB7
    -2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *DH riding hiatus*
    -2011 Intense M9

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I replace the Chubby on my ProFlex Beast with a Magura Ronin 110. Colors were a good match. Still have the Chubby on a shelf and its still serviceable - although the mud guards dry rotted years ago.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    found this thread based on a google search. Why was I searching Noleen Chubby LT on google? I finally got fed up with the Marzocchi Bombers on my Kona Dawg (a warranty replacement/upgrade because the original Marzocchis busted) and put the Noleens from my 15 year old K2 Beast on. At first, I thought I might be crazy. But you know what? I rode the K2 hard and the forks still perform like they did on day one -- plenty of strength for big hits with my 220 lb body onboard, a little rebound damping, they never stick on obstacles on the downhill, and they're way easier to climb with. I ride a fair amount, but I'm not a bike gear head. So there may be a modern fork better for me than the Bomber. I'm not likely to find out because I've already got the Noleen installed and I'm loving it.

Call me a luddite, but the only hydraulic oil or air anything left on my Dawg is the hydraulic rear brakes. Thinking of making a nice clean sweep of it and replacing them with cable actuated calipers.

All of which is to say, anybody who has good condition Noleen Chubby LT forks or fork parts they are interested in moving, hit me up evan at evanhill dot org.

By the way, looks like Noleen is still in business and has replacement rear shocks for all of the pro flex and K2 bikes:

BICYCLE SHOCKS - Noleen J6 inc.

Haven't contacted them yet, but they may have internals for the Chubby, even upgrade internals.