mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Specialized stumpjumper fsr comp vs commencal meta 5.5.3. who wins?

So im looking to get my first fsr bike and these are the two im debating between, im a big guy 6 foot 240 lbs. Saying I can get both for the same price seems like the stumpjumper is the better buy. The stumpjumper comes with better stuff all around but is it a better bike? Im a beginner rider been doing research on both and they both have good write ups. Just not sure which to get. Any help greatly appreciated guys.

I like climbing, id like to gain more confidence in decents, and trying to get better at the techy stuff.

btw i have a 29 hardtail now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    the specialized is said to be a xc bike, and the meta 5 is said to be an all mountain.... true?

ride hard take risks
    commencal will definitely give you the confidence on the DH and FR.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    So u think the extra goodies the specialized offers, still commencal wins?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    nope..the sj is way much better bike than the commencal and better build as well..

mtbr member
    Nobody can say if one is "better" than the other. Both are high quality bikes. I think it comes down to how you feel about it with regards to fit, pedaling characteristics, suspension linkage etc. Also, I also tend to agree the 5.5 will give a little added confidence on the DH and FR. But you should check out leelikesbikes. He seems to be really riding aggressively on his stumpjumper fsr even on some pretty aggressive stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dascro
    Nobody can say if one is "better" than the other. Both are high quality bikes. I think it comes down to how you feel about it with regards to fit, pedaling characteristics, suspension linkage etc. Also, I also tend to agree the 5.5 will give a little added confidence on the DH and FR. But you should check out leelikesbikes. He seems to be really riding aggressively on his stumpjumper fsr even on some pretty aggressive stuff.
    Thats the only bad this i could probably give the specialized the test drive but not the commencal. Also with that being said this will be my first fsr, without riding both im sure i will feel the specialized rides awesome, just cause it would be my first fsr... On paper the specialized seems to be up just cause of the components

mtbr member
    Trance X

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by dascro
    But you should check out leelikesbikes. He seems to be really riding aggressively on his stumpjumper fsr even on some pretty aggressive stuff.
    Lee is special he would whoopp arz riding a pixie Braaap!!!
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st29er
    Thats the only bad this i could probably give the specialized the test drive but not the commencal. Also with that being said this will be my first fsr, without riding both im sure i will feel the specialized rides awesome, just cause it would be my first fsr... On paper the specialized seems to be up just cause of the components
    I think it's great if you can do a test ride. At least, you would know how the bike feels and how it fits you.

rides with camera
    Quote Originally Posted by d365
    Trance X

+ 1
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com