Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Specialized stumpjumper fsr comp vs commencal meta 5.5.3. who wins?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  sherijumper 
#1 ·
So im looking to get my first fsr bike and these are the two im debating between, im a big guy 6 foot 240 lbs. Saying I can get both for the same price seems like the stumpjumper is the better buy. The stumpjumper comes with better stuff all around but is it a better bike? Im a beginner rider been doing research on both and they both have good write ups. Just not sure which to get. Any help greatly appreciated guys.

I like climbing, id like to gain more confidence in decents, and trying to get better at the techy stuff.

btw i have a 29 hardtail now.

#6 ·
Nobody can say if one is "better" than the other. Both are high quality bikes. I think it comes down to how you feel about it with regards to fit, pedaling characteristics, suspension linkage etc. Also, I also tend to agree the 5.5 will give a little added confidence on the DH and FR. But you should check out leelikesbikes. He seems to be really riding aggressively on his stumpjumper fsr even on some pretty aggressive stuff.

#7 ·
dascro said:
Nobody can say if one is "better" than the other. Both are high quality bikes. I think it comes down to how you feel about it with regards to fit, pedaling characteristics, suspension linkage etc. Also, I also tend to agree the 5.5 will give a little added confidence on the DH and FR. But you should check out leelikesbikes. He seems to be really riding aggressively on his stumpjumper fsr even on some pretty aggressive stuff.
Thats the only bad this i could probably give the specialized the test drive but not the commencal. Also with that being said this will be my first fsr, without riding both im sure i will feel the specialized rides awesome, just cause it would be my first fsr... On paper the specialized seems to be up just cause of the components :confused:

#10 ·
1st29er said:
Thats the only bad this i could probably give the specialized the test drive but not the commencal. Also with that being said this will be my first fsr, without riding both im sure i will feel the specialized rides awesome, just cause it would be my first fsr... On paper the specialized seems to be up just cause of the components :confused:
I think it's great if you can do a test ride. At least, you would know how the bike feels and how it fits you.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.