mtbr member
    May 2010

Specialized P.1 all mountain disc, or Cannondale f5?

Hello, I'm in the process of upgrading to a new bike, and was looking for some tips that would help me choose the right one.
    The types of use that I intent for it are basically two kinds:

1.- I'm learning to do wheelies, endo, bunny hops, and stuff like that, so I'm trying to find a bike which is appropriate for this end, but I'm not exactly sure what type of characteristics would be best.

2.- But at the same time, I love riding up and down trails (there are different types of trails where I live: dirt trails, rocky trails, etc. and I like riding in all of them), so I would like a bike that I can use for this as well.

the bike that I recently own is just any cheap mountain bike which I've been using for a year maybe. but it's too heavy, and the components need constant adjustment, and still they don't work all that well.

So I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on which bike would be better for my needs; I was considering along the lines of the Specialized P.1 all mountain disc, or maybe the Cannondale f5... what do you think???

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    They are very different bikes.

My advice: buy a used full suspension from a couple years ago.