Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Specialized 2006 Enduro Expert ($1000) or Specialized 2008 Epic Expert Carbon ($1500)

• Specialized 2006 Enduro Expert ($1000)

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Specialized 2008 Epic Expert Carbon ($1500)

Votes: 4 50.0%

Specialized Mountain Bike - 2006 Enduro Expert or 2008 Epic Expert Carbon?

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  carspidey 
#1 ·
I have been communicating with a couple of different people selling each of these bikes on Craigslist. I know the Epic is considered a "better" bike, especially in carbon. I don't race XC and am just looking for a good quality bike to hit some singletrack and intermediate level mountain trails.

The 2006 Enduro Expert is $1000 and the carbon 2008 Epic Expert is $1500. Would one be considered a better deal than the other? Would the "upgrade" to the Epic be necessary or worth it? I know the Epic will be lighter, but will it be as structurally sound?

Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
The epic is an xc machine. It will climb fast, do singletrack fast, be a bit sketchy on the downhills because of the steeper head angle. It has a brain rear shock so will give a solid pedal platform till you hit a bump.

The enduro is an all mountain bike with more travel. It will get you to the top of the hill slower because it is not a climber, will do single track slower but will go better downhill because of the geometry, plus it will have no problems doing larger jumps etc.

I own both and they are completely different rides. You really need to work out what kind of riding you want to do first, then buy the bike. Cost really doesn't come into it. If you can't make your mind up just get a stumpjumper which is a do all trail bike

#11 ·
1500 for it was too much... after seeing the bike it wasn't in a ridable shape... so i got it for 550... :D i threw the extra 50 cuz i felt bad for the guy...

i took it to the shop and they are going to tell me today how much for fixing it... now... at teh same time i was talking to this guy about his enduro, i had sent email to a guy for his 2006 Morewood shova lt... and was able to get the price down from his ad of 1200 to 800... this bike is ready to ride and it seems like the guy has taken good care of it as opposed of the enduro i have right now...

what do you guys think is a better deal? better bike?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.