mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! specialized enduro comp 29

Hey guys I just wanted to know what everyone thought of the new enduro comp 29 thats coming out....I have had it on pre order for two weeks now...i live in long island and the trails are pretty good but i might be moving to florida. i rented a camber 29 when i was there and it changed the way i thought about 29ers compared to my current 26...3500 is alot of money for me to spend on a bike and i just want to be satisfied with it....even though i ordered it already i can cancel before may 11th.. i always had my eye on the sb66, would you guys recommend that i leave my order in, go for the sb66, or maybe check out the yeti sb95 instead?

mtbr member
    I doubt you will be disappointed with the Enduro 29. Gwin just won the Sea Otter Classic (Pro DH race) on one.

2013 Sea Otter Pro Downhill Finals - YouTube

Also the 29er will good for pedaly riding in Florida if you end up there. The 6 inches suspension would probably be over kill but Im sure it would be fun either way.
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks I appreciate the reply. I've only ridden a 29er once and I'm used to my 26 so it's just nerve racking for me to be so spontaneous and buy the enduro comp 29

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I am hoping this bike turns out to be great.....I am rocking a mojo sl right now and am tempted to go to this or the santa cruz bronson. Only thing really holding me back is the possible decrease in "fun factor". Riding a niner 29er just seemed a bit slow as far as handling and jumps.....def have more fun on the mojo so I am interested to see if they can make this endure 29er fun

mtbr member
    I havent been on any of the newer 29ers but they are saying the "slow" handling has been significantly improved. As far as jumps are concerned, its true that they can be awkward but a skilled rider can over come that. There are plenty of videos out there of 29ers on jumpy trails.

All that said I think I would prefer to try 650b more specifically the Bronson. Ive been waiting for 650b to take off for years now as it seems like it would be the best of both worlds. I would still love to try the Enduro 29 though!

Right now Im on a Canfield The One so I have absolutely nothing to complain about
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

mtbr member
    True that Gwin won a dh on an enduro 29er, but it was really not much of a downhill at all. It was a sidewalk with a bunch of jumps. Only 6 seconds separated the top 30+ riders, and every hind of wheel size was all mixed up in there. When it gets rough, they still reach for their more nimble 26ers. But to answer the op, you will like it. It will be a fun bike for sure.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.