Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I just picked up a brand new 125mm Blacklight but I haven't installed it yet. I have a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR and a 2011 Rockhopper 29er. I was thinking of buying a 2nd lever/cable and swapping the post between the bikes, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be and if the cable needs to be setup perfect or what. Any thoughts on if it is something that would be easy to do, or not worth the hassle?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    so i went back to the shop today and they had just gotten a shipment of 30.9s in all three sizes so they let me swap mine out for a new one. still some play but probably only half as much or less than before. the original command feels far more secure as far as play goes but i guess thats what you give up for the weight savings. I will say that the blacklite extends much more smoothly and the new remote/barrel adjuster is a welcome addition.

mtbr member
    I got my post installed last night. One ride and I already love it and the blacklite post is really good looking too. I cant wait to really test it out this weekend.

Keep on Rockin...
    Got the Blacklite mongths ago and have ridden it alot since.

It's the real deal. Zero regrets and even better than the GD.

mtbr member
    I've had a few rides with the Command post and I absolutely love it! Best upgrade I've done to the bike.

mtbr member

Specialized, what the F

Iv had a 125mm travel, 31.6 blacklite on order for my trek remedy since mid October. They just pushed the release back to December! I tried one on my brothers enduro and can't believed I rode without one. Thanks to specialized I'm still riding without one. Thought about getting a reverb instead, but heard there not as reliable...
    If it's not one thing it's your mother

mtbr member
    I got tired of waiting for them to get back in stock too. My LBS got two in, but they were both the 75mm versions. I ended up having my LBS see if anyone buying a 2012 bike that had a blacklite post wanted to sell it. It didnt take long before a customer bought a 2012 Stumpy and didn't want the post. He was more than happy to take $180 for it, and it had never been installed so it was basically a new post and it came with the gray lever instead of the red one.

mtbr member
    is there a size chart somewhere that has info on which post is the correect size for the rider?

I have a 2011 Stumpy FSR comp (med)
    Im 5'9" and ride with the standard Specialized post set at the 5.5 mark.

I kinda jump the gun on a 125mm Blacklite post from a member here that had one for sale at a great price. I started researching it after I bought it (I know, not wise) and have not found too much on sizing, I hope its gonna be alright for me.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Never mind, just looked up the specs from Specialized site, shows mediums are sold with the 125mm post, only the small frames for 100mm post.

mtbr member
    FYI, the 125mm model is back in stock as of Dec. 1st.
    EAT : SLEEP : RIDE
    2010 Cannondale Rize 120 Three
    All Things Vic
    Flickr Set

mtbr member
    Can someone put the 125mm Blacklight on a scale? (including cables)

mtbr member
    It looks like all the posts are instock except for the 30.9 125mm post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    People must have jumped all over them, an hour ago they were not showing as (out of stock) on the website

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    anyone have a 100mm (30.9) they want to trade for a 125mm?. Not entirely sure this will happen but checking to see.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    OK Ive had my command post for around 15 good rides and today FAIL
    keeps dropping by its self... it has plenty of play in the cable and pressure at 35, Time to see how good the warranty works, looks like I will have to buy a backup post to get me by,
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    I just received my post today (bought new from a member here), took about a half hour to install and off I went for a nice 18 mile night ride on various terrain. The thing is pretty bad ass, no stopping to lower and raise the seat, just a nice continuous non-stop ride. The post works perfectly, no adjustments after set up, just a little more air is all it took. Im stoked on it and the price I paid for it, definitely a rad compliment/upgrade to my bike (2011 SJ FSR comp).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    keeps dropping by its self... it has plenty of play in the cable and pressure at 35, Time to see how good the warranty works, looks like I will have to buy a backup post to get me by,

I blew mine out last weekend riding also. It still locked perfectly in all three positions, but the air was totally gone. Brought it back to the shop on Saturday. They spoke to Specialized Monday and Specialized said it sounded like an o- ring problem. They shipped it off and it is currently in transit (hopefully on it's way back now). If anyone is interested I'll follow up once I get get back and finish the whole process.
    I call for a mandate to allow only road bikes on trails to limit our speeds and increase our line picking skills-FB

mtbr member
    Before you send it back, I'd take a second look at the cable, if you haven't yet. Looks like a sticky cable needs to be lubricated and/or double check that the gap between the cable housing and the barrel at the seat end is 17mm. The manual has a maintenance and troubleshooting section that might fix the problem without having to send it for service.
    All Things Vic
    Flickr Set

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vic06 View Post
    Before you send it back, I'd take a second look at the cable, if you haven't yet. Looks like a sticky cable needs to be lubricated and/or double check that the gap between the cable housing and the barrel at the seat end is 17mm. The manual has a maintenance and troubleshooting section that might fix the problem without having to send it for service.
    The first thing I looked for is a sticky cable or to much tension. Its not the cable I wrench bikes and I know what to look for I even disconnected the cable after about 10 unintentional drops and it still dropped, my dealer pretty much knew what was wrong and its internal I will get it back from specialized in a week. thanks for the info thou I know you are just trying to help.

mtbr member
    The first thing I looked for is a sticky cable or to much tension. Its not the cable I wrench bikes and I know what to look for I even disconnected the cable after about 10 unintentional drops and it still dropped, my dealer pretty much knew what was wrong and its internal I will get it back from specialized in a week. thanks for the info thou I know you are just trying to help.
    Ugh, at least the dealer knew what the problem was and the turnaround is quick. I got mine on Friday and I have only one ride on mine, fingers crossed.
    All Things Vic
    Flickr Set

mtbr member
    Well the verdict is in........there is no trouble free adjustable seatpost. Luck of the draw. Just choose one that has a good warranty and get used to sending it back. Make sure you keep a backup straight seatpost for those occasions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I ride a lot in the mountains on some serious terrain and it has changes my life.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Blacklite

I have the 125 versions on each of my two bikes, one since it was first available and one for about 3 months. I ride 4-6 times a month and have had no problems with operation. I agree with some of the comments that the lever can be a bit awkward, but I seem to have gotten used to it. I clearly have more confidence on descents as a result. The only issue I have had was not being able to tighten the seat enough to prevent the seat from rotating (nose popping up) periodically, even though I was tightening way over spec. Problem seems to have been solved with use of a bit of carbon paste. Other than that, so far they have been great!

mtbr member
    Update Spesh Is sending a new replacement post.

mtbr member
    I've had mine for 6 weeks and I love it! It might be the best upgrade I've put on my bike.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast