Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Delirious Tuck
    Post up in the SoCal forums, surely someone in your area will have one on their bike to show you...

monster member

75mm info?

Kind of surprised Specialized didn't post more info yet to help people choose the right size.

With pwu's help, I've learned that the 100mm version would work on my hardtail bike, but is too long for my old FSR which doesn't allow much post to be in the seat tube.

Anyone have all the measurements of the 75mm version? Minimum insertion, length from bottom of post to bottom of flange (where it flairs out), and length from bottom of flange to the saddle rail mount?
    Have fun!

Delirious Tuck
    I had the post out for field testing this weekend. Worked as advertised, but the return is a little quick for my likes, maybe drop the air pressure a bit and see where that takes me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Could someone who has installed one of the Blacklites post a photo of the lever / cable housing / barrel adjuster arrangement? I am putting one of the 100 mm versions on my bike and I'm questioning the arrangement near the lever. There is a long piece made of soft rubber that has me scratching my head - I don't see it in the instructions and can't figure where it's supposed to go. They also seem to have shorted me on ferrules.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog
    Could someone who has installed one of the Blacklites post a photo of the lever / cable housing / barrel adjuster arrangement? I am putting one of the 100 mm versions on my bike and I'm questioning the arrangement near the lever. There is a long piece made of soft rubber that has me scratching my head - I don't see it in the instructions and can't figure where it's supposed to go. They also seem to have shorted me on ferrules.

Thanks.
    The long black piece that kinda looks like a miniature missile? I think that is supposed to be a seal for the cable at the seatpost end but I couldn't figure out how to use it so I just left it off.
    My post was also short 1 ferrule once I cut the housing to install the tension adjustment thingy

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog

Thanks.
    I will try to take a picture later, but I left the black rubber piece out as well, I have no idea what it is for.

Mine goes Lever>Housing>Adjuster>Housing>Post

Mine came with the correct amount of ferrules.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    pwu_1 and Kaliman,

Thanks - I got it figured out and installed. I hate having leftover parts - you can even see the rubber missile-looking thing in the photos from Specialized. I ended up installing the barrel adjuster a little ways down from the noodle, pretty much in line with the stem. My frame (Blur LTc has the guides) so the routing was really pretty clean.

I guess they use that barrel and tiny hex setscrew at the saddle end to save weight, but jeez I was worried I'd strip something out when I was tightening it down. I like to torque things to spec but who the hell has a torque wrench with that size bit? Maybe a Swiss watchmaker someplace.

Getting a real run of rain around here so I haven't had time to try out the post but it seems pretty solid.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Funny thing working in a bike shop..

I Just built up a Yeti ASR-7 with the old version of the Command post a month ago.. After I get 2 rides on the post the new BL version comes out and earlier last week I mention that I like the new lever better then the old version I have..
    So yesterday my manager tells me that my new seat post is in..

WTF? I didnt order a new seatpost, mine is like brand new?!

Turns out he decided that the new version is that much better and would help me with my inner weight weenie, so he ordered me the new post without informing me.. So I mounted it up and It is much better then the old version.. the action is much smoother and the lever is tons better.. I was unsure about the in line adjuster but I guess its cool.. I just would rather not have 4 housing ends rather then 2 for the old version.. but all in all it is an improvement..

I just hope I can sell my old post for how much the new one cost..

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    For a Large size 2011 Stumpy FSR Elite... Should I get the 100 or 125mm version. I am 6ft tall with long legs... Thx

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    You should be fine with the 125mm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AEsco48 View Post
    For a Large size 2011 Stumpy FSR Elite... Should I get the 100 or 125mm version. I am 6ft tall with long legs... Thx
    The amount of drop is all personal perference.
    You should however, determine whether both will fit before deciding on which one to order.
    I have the 100mm post and according to my measurements, you'll need at least 6.5 inches of exposed seatpost on your current setup(measured from top of seat tube to center of seat rail) to use the 100mm post. For the 125mm post my guess is you would need 7.5 inches of exposed seatpost but no guarantees since I didn't actually try it.
    After that its just personal preference on the amount of drop.

mtbr member
    Anyone have one of these new Blacklite yet? whats your review on it?

mtbr member
    The post itself seems good. There's no play in it at all yet. It's very sensitive to setup though and the cable that comes with it isn't all that good. I ended up having a remote lever that was incredibly difficult to push. I took it all apart and put a new shifter cable in and it was better. It's still nowhere near as smooth as the Reverb, but nothing is. The bonus in this post is that if it breaks on you mid-ride, the locking collet should make it so you have a normal post in most instances. When my Reverb failed mid-ride I was left standing.

The post and operation seems great, but...they still haven't fixed the saddle clamping mechanism. I've had way too many issues of my saddle rotating backwards and the nose coming up to hit me in the balls. What's the point of a drop post if you have to stop and get out your multi-tool to correct your saddle position 3-4 times per ride? My friend said to put carbon paste where the 2 pieces meet so they don't rotate. He had that work for him. I need to try this, but I'm irritated that it needs half-ass fixes to make it work correctly. I'm not sure why there are no grooves and teeth at this joining. Take a Deity Tibia seatpost for example. It's 1 bolt, but it never rotates. I'm not sure why Specialized couldn't figure that out. With all the complaints about the first one, I'm not sure why they didn't go with a 2 bolt head.

I'd still be riding the Reverb if it fit on my new bike and it wasn't in need of service. This is the best option for my frame though.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    ^^^ thats funny I toasted my cable in initial setup and had to put a new one in before trying it, it came apart while trying to get the set screw on there. I have been running mine for a little over a month now. I havant tried a Reverb but its way better than Joplin ever was. no annoying side to side play I can lift up on the saddle without worry of getting air in the system. The middle setting is at the perfect hight for me and I can find it every time. I really like the lever as well, it took a couple rides to get it exactly were I wanted it but now its just natural to hit it. I purchased this post for a couple reasons it was a mechanical and fully serviceable. It has lived up to my expectations thus far.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I've had mine since May and I love the post. No experience with the other seat posts so nothing else to compare to.
    I have not had any problems with it at all. The seat post I got actually had carbon assembly paste on the seat clamp assembly from the factory. I torqued the bolt down to spec and the seat has not moved at all.(I weigh about 165 without gear).
    The only nitpick thing I can say is that the lever is hard to push if I'm sitting on the seat. I have to slightly un-weigh, push the lever, then push the seat down with my butt. Sometimes I actually think that might be a good thing since it prevents accidental seat lowering.

mtbr member
    Cool reviews. Leaning with Blacklite.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronabrandt View Post
    ^^^ thats funny I toasted my cable in initial setup and had to put a new one in before trying it, it came apart while trying to get the set screw on there.
    Mine did the same damn thing. The set screw split some of the threads in half on the steel cable. I was like WTF? I didn't tighten it too much. Any looser and the cable would pull right through the barrel without releasing the post.

Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    I've had mine since May and I love the post. No experience with the other seat posts so nothing else to compare to.
    I have not had any problems with it at all. The seat post I got actually had carbon assembly paste on the seat clamp assembly from the factory. I torqued the bolt down to spec and the seat has not moved at all.(I weigh about 165 without gear).
    Mine didn't have any. Plus I'm quite a bit heavier than you so could explain why you're not having any issues.

The only nitpick thing I can say is that the lever is hard to push if I'm sitting on the seat. I have to slightly un-weigh, push the lever, then push the seat down with my butt. Sometimes I actually think that might be a good thing since it prevents accidental seat lowering.
    This is normal for every drop post I've used. With the Reverb it was not as pronounced, but it was still there.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post

This is normal for every drop post I've used. With the Reverb it was not as pronounced, but it was still there.
    I have never really noticed this, maybe its because I weigh nothing. Haven't had any slip issues either.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just picked mine up and installed it last night. It's my first dropper seatpost, so I have nothing to compare it to, but seems to work well. Haven't had a chance to ride yet.

The owner's manual says to lubricate the inner tube (the smaller diameter part of the post) every ride, but doesn't say what to use. What are people using?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zuuds View Post
    The owner's manual says to lubricate the inner tube (the smaller diameter part of the post) every ride, but doesn't say what to use. What are people using?
    I use TriFlow, but any thin/chain lube would work.
    After a ride I wipe off any dust/dirt, the lube the post, and seal, cycle it up & down a few times, then wipe off any excess oil - good to go for the next ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Did my first ride with the Blacklite today, it was very solid, no play or slop that I could detect. This was my first time ever on a dropper seatpost, and all I can say is wow. . . I see what all the hype is about now. At the push of a button you have an ideal pedaling position, you can to drop it to the middle for mixed climbing and descending, and then all the way down for descending. I could see where infinite adjustablity would be good to have, because the middle position seems a wee bit low, but the trade-off of having the reassuring "clunk" you feel when it lock into place is worth it.

I did have one issue however, it moved up no problem from the bottom position to the middle position, but it didn't want to rise up from the middle to the top position. Most times, in order to get from the middle to the top, I would have to drop it all the way down first, and then let it rise two positions.

I checked the air pressure from the factory, and it was 40 PSI. The manual said the post is shipped with 25 psi, and the absolute maximum pressure is 40. When I installed the post, I dropped the pressure to 30 psi figuring that would be a good middle ground to start.

Are others having this problem, or is this something that will happen until the post gets a chance to break in? What PSI are people running? I am going to bump the air pressure up to 35 and see if that fixes it.

Jai
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hi guys, can you give a hand?

I was about to buy a Reverb but it seems –at least to me- that a mechanical seatpost like the Blacklite is more reliable. The Specialized local dealer in Chile doesn’t have it, and I don’t want to buy a Reverb or KS being so far away. If they had any problem I would be on my own…

So… can anyone give me the name or email address of your Lbs so I can try to reach them and get one? I would really appreciate it.

mtbr member
    U can order directly from specialized.com

Jai
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Biker View Post
    U can order directly from specialized.com
    No, since there is a Specialized dealer here they don't ship to Chile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Looks like a rebranded X-Fusion Hilo 100 to me or atleast very very close to one.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast