Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Maybe you should ride the way you want to and the rest of us will ride the way we should.

But thanks for trying to tell me how to ride like you.
    TwoTone, I think Matt came off a bit strong, however I think he makes a good point, and that is why have a middle position. I use the middle position a lot because my usual terrain is quite technical and up-down up-down and I don't have time to be constantly changing seat positions. However when I ride Colo there are long assents and descents, giving to using the top and bottom seat position much more.
    The middle position allows me to still get behind and also gives a platform for climbs, but it IS a compromise, in that it not ideal in either (descend/ascend) but that's the way it is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Specialized Command Post Blacklite

Might as well post here.

Anyone have a 75mm that wants to trade for 100mm one? The 100 is too long for my new frame.
    I have a 75mm giant dropper post that i would trade. 75mm was to short for me

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    I have a 75mm giant dropper post that i would trade. 75mm was to short for me

No thanks, Blacklite for Blacklite
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    I think you're missing the point of dropper posts... If the post is dropped, that means you're descending or navigating technical terrain and should not be seated, ever.
    Have you ever done any downhill riding?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No thanks, Blacklite for Blacklite
    Oh no worries. Wasn't sure which you had cause of all the people started talking about all different brands.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    i there any manual on the service IR version of coommand post?
    standart can be fount on the youtube
    but ir, im not shure how to dissasemle it

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well just had a broken collet. Even though I'm under warrantee still (11 months) Spec will NOT replace it.

Specialize SUCKS... they will not cover a broken collet under warrantee saying it's a "wear and tear item" (like those holes don't severely weakens the post!) nor will they sell the shop the $18 replacement part. You have to send it in and pay >$90 for service. LAME on a $300 item. never buy spec again. Might have to go back to Gravity Dropper (if only the cable routing was better) who's CS was amazing in replacing a broken shaft no questions asked for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumesny View Post
    Well just had a broken collet. Even though I'm under warrantee still (11 months) Spec will NOT replace it.
    That sucks!

Maybe I should sell mine before it craters.

mtbr member

Specialize SUCKS... they will not cover a broken collet under warrantee saying it's a "wear and tear item" (like those holes don't severely weakens the post!) nor will they sell the shop the $18 replacement part. You have to send it in and pay >$90 for service. LAME on a $300 item. never buy spec again. Might have to go back to Gravity Dropper (if only the cable routing was better) who's CS was amazing in replacing a broken shaft no questions asked for me.
    That's and the fact so many Non upgradable parts + their Business practices is why Specialized will never get another dime from me, Other than that I love My Stumpy LOL
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    That's and the fact so many Non upgradable parts + their Business practices is why Specialized will never get another dime from me, Other than that I love My Stumpy LOL
    Good friend has a Spec (I ride a Mojo HD with Ibis amazing CS) which he loves but not when it comes times to replace anything on it. Spec doesn't provide any parts it seems (only complete repair) and even the bolts are non standard threads pitch!... he HATES Spec now.

Reading this long thread looks like some people have this break repeatedly... why wouldn't it after all - looks like a weak design and leaves a bad taste in my mouth as they expect us to spend $90 every couple years with 'wear and tear' BS... It's a design flaw.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cka3o4nuk View Post
    hi people!
    is it safe to use 30.9 seatpost with shim to 31.6
    Yes but if going in a carbon frame make sure it won't void warranty. That's why I needed to just get the next size up. BTW - someone saw my previous post and got in touch, got my post,its all good!

mtbr member
    May 2012

Can I insert cable housing into remote lever?

Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    I wrote about the same issue with the noodle a while back.
    Removing the noodle was like night and day difference for me. When I got the dropper for my other bike I didn't even bother with the noodle.
    I took out my noodle and put the cable housing straight into the remote lever. I filed the end of my cable housing. This won't damage my lever, right? Thanks Bill

mtbr member
    I just replace my blacklite with the latest version with the new head clamp, went from 100 to 125. The lever action is a huge improvement. Much lighter and does not disrupt riding. The new head is an improvement, and angle range was not an issue as it was on the enduro that I tested. The new seat clamp is not acting up and does not need crazy torque and wiggling to stay in place.

But the problem now is that my frame has too long seatpost, and 125 middle position is too high, even when the post is slammed all the way in. I have no idea how this happens since with the 100 I had more than an inch exposed post above the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So my 2012 Command Post Blacklite is no longer locking in the lowest position. It will lock in the middle position. Is this an easy fix?

Armature speller
    Sep 2004

Quote Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
    So my 2012 Command Post Blacklite is no longer locking in the lowest position. It will lock in the middle position. Is this an easy fix?
    Sounds like something is jammed in the lower groove.
    Disassembly time...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If it's locking at the mid and top position then it doesn't sound like a broken Colette (which many of us had) but something is maybe limiting the down travel - make sure the shaft lock is tight all the way and not longer which may prevent full travel down.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If it's locking at the mid and top position then it doesn't sound like a broken Colette (which many of us had) but something is maybe limiting the down travel - make sure the shaft lock is tight all the way and not longer which may prevent full travel down.
    My experience as exactly that, actually. Broken collet with one of the broken pieces at the bottom inside preventing full down travel, so the post's shaft wouldn't quite reach the lowest lock point. The upper position worked ok as my collet was still intact enough to work. IT was just one broken piece. Sent to Spec to fix.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I ended up fixing the post from not locking into the bottom position by loosening the cable. The post had been on for 2+ years, I'd never adjusted the cable in that time. I was really surprised it fixed it. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I ended up fixing the post from not locking into the bottom position by loosening the cable.
    good it was a simple fix.

Update on my broken colette - took almost 2 months (always delayed 'another 3 weeks', etc...) to get the spare part (shop quoted me $18, which must have been their price as I was charged $36) as apparently Spec keeps them for their warrantee department !! (didn't want to spend ~$75-90 sending it in and have it break again). Taking it off was a PAIN as they use red lockit and the grove is very small. Neighbor mechanic didn't want to give up, and together with a torch to melt the lockit and eventually a regular plier (didn't care about damaging the colette as a flat key didn't have enough grip) we got it off... super hard with 2 people!

Tired of waiting so long, I bought a used blacklit cheap which was almost impossible to open ! (not sure why they didn't keep the bolt pattern of the original and have it rounded now) to make sure the colette wasn't broken (didn't want to double my problem). Now I have a spare one for my DH bike in case my main one acts (the inside is the same between the 2 sizes 30.9 and 31.6 I now have).

Been told to NOT let it slam on the way up as that is what breaks the colette. My cable is intentionally short so it slows it down near the end (adjust your air pressure as well) so it just barely makes it to the top, else use your legs/butt to slow it down.
    Hopefully it will last longer this time... The blacklight is definitely an improvement (nicer remote with regular cable, easy disconnect at the seat, etc...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16