Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just did a tune up on mine. Thanks for posting the "how to" video, can't remember who it was.

Still have that noodle but with a teflon cable as well. Better than brand new. Thumb lever feels more like a shifter now.

Very smooth and very easy to do if you follow step by step video.

Psyched now to ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have had this post for 3 months now, and it's my first dropper. I weigh 225 and am 6'2. I got the 100 mm version, and have had no slipping or tilting, zero problems at all, and I use the crap out of it. So far so good...

Keep on Rockin...
    Tilting clamp....

Clean it, grease the works, tighten very well.

I had slipperage until I started to grease it. I have two posts going strong with no slips for a year.

Admittedly, if I sit on the seat and shift my weight, then try to re- tighten the clamp, I can usually get another eighth turn. Frugality to add that in, and that is important.
    Last edited by Miker J; 04-24-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Stalker Mode Enabled
    Dec 2010
    Does anyone know where to get a replacement collet for Blacklite?

mtbr member

Specialized Command Post Blacklite

Quote Originally Posted by HZKI View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a replacement collet for Blacklite?
    Had to send mine to Spec. twice to have the collet repaired. The second time the work order said they put the 1nd generation collet on. Hopefully that fixes this issue.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    The second time the work order said they put the 1nd generation collet on. Hopefully that fixes this issue.
    Very confusing wording. Did you mean 1st or 2nd?
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Very confusing wording. Did you mean 1st or 2nd?
    Oops. 2nd warranty service put on the 2nd generation collet.
    Stupid fat thumbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Guys, care to advise what are the options to change the cables?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I went with Jagwire ripcord. Just being vain and wanted it to match the rest of my housing. Works good but I did find out that their cable ends are a little bigger than what came with the post and are REALLY tight in the cable stop on the post. If I have my cable off in the future I'm going back to the stock cable end on the Jagwire housing if it will fit. It's tight enough that I need a pair of pliers to pull the end out of the stop. Nice setup otherwise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just purchased the 125mm blacklite. Looked around at various options and seems this is a decent solution. They all seem to run into issues at some point so I opted to support the LBS and have access to help if needed. I installed it myself, worked like a champ.

Rode it today for the first time, I set PR with strava all over the place but that's because I was excited. LOL

Now I just need to remember to use it before I'm half way down or up the trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brigcampbell View Post
    Now I just need to remember to use it before I'm half way down or up the trail.
    It becomes second nature just like shifting after a few rides - best investment I've ever made.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here is my setup, just mounted on the inside right on the left side. The XT brakes were a bit of an issue. Probably could have moved it over to the left more but I have bear paws.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized Command Post Blacklite-imag0439.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brigcampbell View Post
    Here is my setup, just mounted on the inside right on the left side. The XT brakes were a bit of an issue. Probably could have moved it over to the left more but I have bear paws.
    Those look like XT shifters. If they are you can the ISpec covers and have just one clamp, cleans up the bars nicely.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Tilting clamp....
    Clean it, grease the works, tighten very well.
    I had slipperage until I started to grease it. I have two posts going strong with no slips for a year.
    Admittedly, if I sit on the seat and shift my weight, then try to re- tighten the clamp, I can usually get another eighth turn. Frugality to add that in, and that is important.
    yes you are right. theres a video on youtube where the guy tightens the bolt with a torque wrench. then you rock the seat front to back. then retorque. then do it again. he got about half a turn from initial setting, but now with the right torque.
    could be worth buying a small torque wrench if you are worried about overtightening.
    Specialized Command Post Blacklite: Set Up - YouTube

Mountain Lion Bait

Remote Lever

Anyone buy a complete and swap out the grips? Did your bag of goodies come with a collar some something to allow the remote to clamp to the bars once the stock grips were removed? I didn't get anything like that, and of course, the clamp is too big for the bars. I'm gonna call the shop I got it from, and if that doesn't work, call Spesh directly and see if they can point me in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renderedtoast View Post
    Anyone buy a complete and swap out the grips? Did your bag of goodies come with a collar some something to allow the remote to clamp to the bars once the stock grips were removed? I didn't get anything like that, and of course, the clamp is too big for the bars. I'm gonna call the shop I got it from, and if that doesn't work, call Spesh directly and see if they can point me in the right direction.
    nvm....see below
    Last edited by pwu_1; 06-26-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: reading comprehension fail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    I think the remote lever/clamp that replaces the clamp for the grip is only available as OEM when the post comes with the bike. The aftermarket retail package seatpost doesn't come with that clamp.
    I think you can order the other lever/clamp but not sure how much it costs. Post up if you find out how much it is to order.
    Not sure what you mean as far as ordering the complete? I ordered mine from the LBS and mine came with the clamp for use without the grips. The first one I bought was a take off from a bike and if I remember correctly it came with a sleeve for inside the clamp to make it fit bars.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Mine came on my stumpy and also included the sleeve/collar for use with non-spec-clamp grips.

Mountain Lion Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    Mine came on my stumpy and also included the sleeve/collar for use with non-spec-clamp grips.
    I bought a complete Stumpy. I didn't get a sleeve/collar. I did get two strange looking clamps with a screw on one end to clamp, and another screw on the other that looks like a set screw. I'm calling the shop I bought it from today to inquire about the collar. I was at another Spesh shop in Escondido on Sunday, and they all had blank stares when I asked them how the lever attaches to the bars with aftermarket grips.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I bought a complete Stumpy. I didn't get a sleeve/collar. I did get two strange looking clamps with a screw on one end to clamp, and another screw on the other that looks like a set screw. I'm calling the shop I bought it from today to inquire about the collar. I was at another Spesh shop in Escondido on Sunday, and they all had blank stares when I asked them how the lever attaches to the bars with aftermarket grips.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the techs didn't know what it was for and threw it away. As I said my OEM take off had the collar that fit inside.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hi

I've my my Blacklite for about a year now. Unfortunately it's started to 'drop' from the highest position of it's own accord - this always happens when I'm attacking a steep climb.
    It does drop when pedaling on the flat too but just not as often.
    I thought the cable may be sticking so I disconnected from the post and discovered it still occurs.
    I've dismantled the post and inspected the internals hoping to see an issue but it's in excellent condition - nothing broken or worn.

The post has been perfect until now.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

mtbr member

Warranty issue. Send it back to be fixed. Happened twice to me. Now riding a Fox DOSS

mtbr member
    I had the first and now second generation in 100mm. Both work great.

The issues with version two are hard lever action and no good mounting position with Shimano shifter/brakes. Lever was so hard to pull that I started looking around for other options. It seems that version one had much better lever design with the exception of proprietary cable (why???)

The original noodle was impossible to use with Shimano. I replaced it with a noodle that I made from a V brake noodle. Little bit of cutting and sanding. It has a larger radius, so its not as tight. The mod is simple, just cut the bulb at the end of the noodle to make it a single diameter tube. Sand and round smooth and clean any cutting leftovers on the outside and inside of the tube.

Straighter tube means less friction. Now I get two things:
    • Fits with Shimano
    • Lever action is acceptable. Still hard and nowhere near Reverb or Crank Brothers. But it's usable.

I highly recommend this mod.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The manual says the plunger height needs resetting.
    Anyone familiar with this procedure?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisD View Post
    The manual says the plunger height needs resetting.
    Anyone familiar with this procedure?
    If it's not the tension in the cable, it's the post itself, I can guarantee it.
    Take it to a Spec. dealer and have it warrantied.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast