mtbr member
    Oct 2014

New question here. SP RH29 2013 vs PITCH COMP

Hey there! Im new on these forums, been reading it for a while, just now I decide to register and stop being a parasite

So, long story short, been mtbing since last year with a hardrock 29 2012. Mostly easy single tracks, XC, climbing, etc nothing too hard. Im about to buy a new bike at my local specialized dealer and chossing between those 2 models.

As comes from specs, RH 29 2015 and pitch 2015 are the same but different wheels. The thing changes when I compare with the RH29 2013 which has different geometry than rh29 2015 and the pitch comp.

What would u recommend? Frames changes a lot? Better rims? what about those new stout rims? Im not tall (1.72 cm)

Dont worry about transmision, I already own my SLX set which I will use it on this new bike. Also i would save around 100 bucks buying the pitch.

**Link from comparation (I'm sorry if forums rules doesn't allows me to do this, havent read all of them)**

Specialized Bicycle Components

Thanks a lot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    No comments? ;(

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    You might be better off in beginner's forum or general. Neither of those are really AM bikes, and most would not recommend a SR Suntour coil fork.

For my 2c, stretch your budget. You'll be happier in the long run... or look for something used with a better build... or bikesdirect or airborne have some good lower-priced stuff.
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Kona Taro
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1

mtbr member

SP RH29 2013 vs PITCH COMP

Since they are both available from your LBS, why not demo both and see which one YOU feel most happy with?

It also sounds like you do not intend to change your riding type, so why are you ditching the old ride? Why not use the cash for the new bike to spruce up the Hardrock? New wheels, fork, dropper post, and brakes would give some oomph to your current ride and make it perform better than any of those newer bikes you are thinking of.

Just my thoughts,

Bryan
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I second bryan_d's comment. You won't be getting a drastic improvement by going to one of those other bikes. If you like your Hardrock, spend a little money making it better and put the rest back and save for a much nicer bike if that's what you have your heart set on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    That was definitely my first choice... thing is that "my" hardrock is actually my brother's bike whom didn't used it for a long time and I exploited so hard. Really fell into the ground like hundreds times doing technical trails, and I can say that using a 29er as a first mountain bike was all a challenge.

Well, I need to return his bike thats why Im buying mine's but I have a limited budget. I was looking at other brands which I can get better specs with that money but I have some discs with my specialialized dealer, thats why I need to choose beteween those two. I feel like the 29 is kinda hard to turn in descent trails.

Might I feel a bit safer in a 650b?