mtbr member
    Oct 2008

So many choices!

Hey all, im looking at getting a much needed fork upgrade for my sortie 3. Im looking into the rockshox revelation and probably want to get the 20mm version. I weigh 160 and do some pretty rocky trails, everyone says its a good idea to get it. Anyways, I need a matching wheel and dont know what to do. I hear hope pro 2 is cheap and good, but that leaves me with a rim to choose. CRC has the hope pro 2 with a mavic en521 for $140 which seems good. There are so many choices and it is overwhelming! If not, maybe just stay with the QR?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have a Hope Pro 2 with Stan's notube Flow rim. Great wide rim but hard to get one in stock on CRC. Could also try wiggle.co.uk which is where I got mine. Took me a couple of months to get it though.

usually cranky
    go 20mm for sure. if you are set on a hope front hub get it. but imo a 20mm hub is so simple, as long as you get sealed bearings its hard to go wrong. i have a cheapo sealed formula on my bike and dont think ill replace it until the i need a new rim. on the other hand rear hubs are very important.