mtbr member
    Feb 2009

SixSixOne Evo Nee Pad Vs Exo XC Light?

Hey everyone. Im going to be ordering a set of these from my LBS on friday, But im un sure in the difference's between the two products.
    Can somebody help me out please!?

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...d-76e6c5c4a7bc

and

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...2-3540a0909afe

Thanks for clearing this up!

oh Lucky me
    i think the evo is a 'heavier duty' knee aimed more towards light downhill/freeride where the evo xc is a 'lighter duty' aimed more at xc...

i could be completely wrong tho
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

Ace Tour de Kids:
    Click Here To Help A Kid...

mtbr member
    Did you end up ordering these?

Erik

mtbr member
    I have the standard evo knee pads from sixsixone. They are absolutely awesome, very light and flexible. Perfect for aggressive AM riding.
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm curious to know which one he bought also. I've been trying to decide between the two. I tend to hit my knee on my top tube when I fall, so was looking for some protection from that. I was leaning more to the Evo Lite, but didn't know if the extra protection on the standard Evo pad would be better.

mtbr member
    Same boat,

I need something so I will stop hitting my damn knees on the shifters on really tech section when I'm climbing.

I need something for climbing, that won't interfere with pedaling.

Erik

mtbr member
    Same two I was deciding between, odd thing is my mom calls me and says she bought one. When I asked which one she said she got the more expensive one and it turns out it is the cheaper one on the site, the knee was only $60 (must have been mismarked). Oh well, my last endo boogered my knee pretty good on the handlebar so I plan on wearing these..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

EVO XC Lite VS. EVO standard

I was just checking these out today. The XC Lite is intended for all day riding and pedaling providing some light protection from say washouts etc. I imagine they would be perfect for saving your knees from bashing on shifters and bars while climbing. They are about the lightest thing you could wear that would give you some protection from road rash etc. The original EVO is more of knee pad for all mountain or just more protection. I am getting the XC Lights to where when I have road rash on my knees or elbows from crashing! They would be good for hot weather compared to the regular EVO. I didn't find the regular EVO so great for pedaling but everybody is different. Hope this info helps.

Fat & Single
    I wear my EVO's for every ride , be it 2 hours or 4 hours . I have no problem with them at all, if i had i would go out and buy the Lite EVO's immediately . If it costs you $100 to get protected against 80% of silly falls and be comfortable at the same time, it is money well spent.

I chopped my knee pretty bad and it put me out of riding action for 8 weeks , off work for 4 weeks too. If you buy a set of kneepads and they annoy you ....you probably wont wear them all the time.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Where's my funny hat?
    Aug 2006
    My evo's died after about a month; both pads tore away from the neoprene at the sides. Ended up getting IXS Slope guards, much lighter and cooler, but still not perfect. They pinch a bit at the back of the knee, and the velcro tears at the neoprene quite badly. Still searching for the perfect pads...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just want to add some real world experience to this old discussion. From another knee pad thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ejfiii
    Well guys, I may have to change my tune a bit. Just got back from a ride where I went over the front and I'm sure hit my knee square on a rock. Thank God I was wearing the Evo Lites as I'm sure I would be in the hospital now but I have to say it really hurt like I had no protection on at first and now that I am at home icing it it hurts like hell and is swollen. I'm pretty sure the full Evos with their extra layer of hard padding would have protected my knee a lot better.

Bottom line is that even for us cross country focused all mt. guys wear those pads on every ride. This was my same everyday trail and I still ate it.
    Hope that helps others when they search about these two products.

re member
    I'll add my two cents worth here.

I have had the EVOs for about 6 months now. I ride almost daily, 1 1/2 hour lunchtime rides during the workweek, and 3 to 4 hour rides most Saturdays and Sundays.

I have the EVO knee pads and elbow pads, not the XC ones. I wore them every time, even during the dog days of July/August. (Northern Alabama, sometimes 100 degrees and 97% humidity). I never felt like they were 'to hot'.

They are starting to tear at the perforations on the side panels. This doesn't affect the fit, though. They still stay in place quite well. It is mostly a cosmetic issue at this point. Hell, even if they are done at the end of a year, I will get new ones. Even if you have insurance, how much would a trip to the ER be for a few stitches, or worse, a shattered Patella?

Our local trails are very, very rocky. I cringe at the thought of taking a big spill, rolling down rocks at speed and having exposed elbows and knees.

I highly recommend these pads. Very comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member
    BTW, I have a full face helmet. Too bad it IS too hot to wear in the summer...could have avoided this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo