Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Since the last one wasn't "AM" enough...

Sorry, can't find any videos with climbing included, I'm sure one will come up eventually though.

Anyway, since apparently its all about the trail, and not the riders skill, speed, style, and flow, heres a trail a little more "gnar."

squish is good
    That trail pointed uphill for a second a couple times! Reminds me of a couple of trails we have in our area that are perfect for a 6" bike.
    Bike good, work bad.

wait...what?
    nice video...that trail has a LOT of tight berms...

Its got what plants crave
    Cool song. No excessive speed in this one

Nice trail, and a bit more technical than the last one! Where is it?
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Where are the rocks?! Looks like a fun trail, I'm just used to more 1-2' drops and sliding around uncontrollably on loose rock.

I'd rather be biking...
    That looks like an awesome trail, I like the flow, berms tech sections and all the sudden changes in direction rather up, down, left or right. I love that kind of riding!

LDH
    mtbr member
    great video and trail

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Dude, that trails awesome.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Nice trail, and a bit more technical than the last one! Where is it?
    Private Trail/lesser known trail in the hinterlands. Maybe in America somewhere.

Disappointing though, I was hoping more people would talk about how much more gnar they are then the rider (Eric Carter, Downhill World Champ, who continues to put the smackdown on racers from all over to this day).

nerfherder
    EC rules. Secret trail looks just as awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by William42
    Private Trail/lesser known trail in the hinterlands. Maybe in America somewhere.

Disappointing though, I was hoping more people would talk about how much more gnar they are then the rider (Eric Carter, Downhill World Champ, who continues to put the smackdown on racers from all over to this day).

I could probably make an educated guess as to location, but the private thing means what? Illegal trail on someone else's land? I've met Eric before, nice guy, and I know I'm not in his league. But I could ride that trail well in any case...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

squish is good
    Hmm, I just noticed, it looks like he's on a Sanction, did Pacific switch him from Mongoose to GT?

Check the vid at 37.6 seconds in, it's definitely not a Khyber.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yes, they did, he and Mick Hannah will be riding on GT now. Romaniuk? Romeniuk? will still be riding for Mongoose Gravity.

Bikenfoolferlife, I'm not really sure of the trails legality, or what goes down there, but given where its located (if I recognize the area correctly, which I'm pretty sure I do ) I'm not gonna post anything about it, but I agree its not a crazy hard trail and it looks super fun, although you need to nail those corners for it to be as flowy as he makes it look!

Seeeriously easy Livin
    My guess is that the trail is much harder to ride that fast in real life than carter makes it look, I want to ride it and find out though.
    Last edited by Flystagg; 03-02-2009 at 01:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice vid, but to me the majority of that looks like XC. Maybe I'd feel differently about it if I went bombing round myself.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheorl
    Nice vid, but to me the majority of that looks like XC. Maybe I'd feel differently about it if I went bombing round myself.

Yah dude, I'm sure you're hella gnar and could ride like that on an XC bike rock on!

Alien Surf Team
    Looked like fun but still didn't seem very AM or anything. I'm an old man and I could ride the whole thing on my Rockhopper.

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorfish
    Looked like fun but still didn't seem very AM or anything. I'm an old man and I could ride the whole thing on my Rockhopper.
    Petty sure you don't understand the term then.
    Bike good, work bad.

Alien Surf Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    Petty sure you don't understand the term then.
    I'm absolutely sure I do. However my interpretation here is based on what I've read by others in the AM section that there must be big jumps/drops for it to be AM which borderlines on DH or freeriding. While I don't really agree with that myself, I just applied it to this video. But thanks for telling my what I know.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    that video was pretty sick...looks AM to me, but then again AM is very ambiguous.

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Yeah, to me it's either XC or DH/FR. Don't see why XC is suddenly limited to racers with shaved legs and short travel bikes. I ride long loops w/ climbs, then I descend steep, rutty trails w/ mild airtime. I consider it XC, or "aggressive XC" . I understand how the term AM makes sense for manufacturers though. They're basically mini freeride bikes, around 140-160mm travel, that can still be pedaled. Am I in the ballpark?

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorfish
    I'm absolutely sure I do. However my interpretation here is based on what I've read by others in the AM section that there must be big jumps/drops for it to be AM which borderlines on DH or freeriding. While I don't really agree with that myself, I just applied it to this video. But thanks for telling my what I know.
    Without getting into another "what does AM mean?" thread I'm going to simply put forth that I believe it's more about how you ride than where you ride. Besides, just because you can tootle your way down a trail on a XC hardtail doesn't mean the trail isn't an aggressive trail. I've seen guys ride XC bikes down some gnarly DH chutes before, just because you can do it doesn't mean it's all of a sudden a XC trail.
    Bike good, work bad.

Alien Surf Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    Without getting into another "what does AM mean?" thread I'm going to simply put forth that I believe it's more about how you ride than where you ride. Besides, just because you can tootle your way down a trail on a XC hardtail doesn't mean the trail isn't an aggressive trail. I've seen guys ride XC bikes down some gnarly DH chutes before, just because you can do it doesn't mean it's all of a sudden a XC trail.
    OK chief, but did we watch the same video? The one I saw was pretty smooth, and I mean the ground not the ride. There was a couple drops he rode slow and a couple jumps that any hardtail could easily take. I didn't see anything that makes me think a hardtail XC couldn't ride that trail just as fast with an equal rider. If I messed anything please point out the time in the video. I'd be happy to go back and review it. Thanks.

I guess if I grew up on a full suspension bike I might think its necessary too.

Its got what plants crave
    Aaaaaaaand we're off!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast