• 12-06-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    Show us your Trek Full Suspension-Thread (pictures please)
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Cucy-H9Coq...110_185443.jpg
    Trek Remedy 8 2012


    I started this thread because I want to find some ideas for my next upgrades like:

    crankset
    pedasl
    wheelset
    seatpost
    chainring

    and what better way to know about compatibilities and performance than people that have done it before

    thanks!
  • 12-07-2012
    b-kul
    check the am setup thread, tons of remedies and scratches in there.
  • 12-09-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    I know but I don't want to go trough 300 pages to find them
  • 12-09-2012
    Spykr
    Try the Trek forum mate!
  • 12-09-2012
    sambs827
    judging by the slammed seatpost, aftermarket short stem and riser bars, DH saddle, bashguard, and flats, it looks like you're trying to use this as a DH bike. If that's the case, the best thing you could do is sell it and pick up a burlier bike. If not, then:

    -Get lower-rise bars. Or at least drop a headset spacer.
    -Get a Rockshox Reverb.
    -Shimano PD-M520 pedals.
    -Spin that bashguard 180 degrees on the crankset. That thin part is supposed to be behind the crank arm.
    -Keep the Bonty wheels until they're dead. They get yourself a set of Stan's Flow EX wheels with their 3.30HD hubs.
    -Truvativ crankset. They're doing some good things with making a bottom bracket that actually lasts.
  • 12-09-2012
    Ninjaboym5
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is my 08 Remedy 9
    Just ordered a coil shock for it.
  • 12-09-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    Quote:

    judging by the slammed seatpost, aftermarket short stem and riser bars, DH saddle, bashguard, and flats, it looks like you're trying to use this as a DH bike. If that's the case, the best thing you could do is sell it and pick up a burlier bike
    the slash - session - etc only have 3 years warranty. the remedy have lifetime warranty. I am planning into breaking the frame in the next couple of years and get a new one actually.
  • 12-09-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/a...ease-image.jpg

    very tempted with the xt cranks too mate. or should I save a bit more and get better wheels first?
  • 12-09-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    Quote:

    -Get lower-rise bars. Or at least drop a headset spacer.
    -Get a Rockshox Reverb.
    -Shimano PD-M520 pedals.
    -Spin that bashguard 180 degrees on the crankset. That thin part is supposed to be behind the crank arm.
    -Keep the Bonty wheels until they're dead. They get yourself a set of Stan's Flow EX wheels with their 3.30HD hubs.
    -Truvativ crankset. They're doing some good things with making a bottom bracket that actually lasts.
    I just read you post slowly.

    clips?
    spin the bashguard?
    lower the front?
  • 12-09-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    Quote:

    Here is my 08 Remedy 9
    Just ordered a coil shock for it.
    Hey Ninja please send us some pics when you are done I think that's the new big step!

    Is your frame small? 16?
  • 12-09-2012
    Ninjaboym5
    The frame is a medium, I run some pretty big tires and a short stem that makes it look a little small.
    The shock should arrive around Christmas time. Will post picture once installed. I also have a new set of XT brakes don't know if I should change out those old juicy XO brakes or not. I bought them for my other bike but the other bike's brake still okay once I bleed them again.
  • 12-10-2012
    whodaphuck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CHINOTAKER View Post
    I know but I don't want to go trough 300 pages to find them

    That's why there's a search function available.:rolleyes:
  • 12-10-2012
    sambs827
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CHINOTAKER View Post
    the slash - session - etc only have 3 years warranty. the remedy have lifetime warranty. I am planning into breaking the frame in the next couple of years and get a new one actually.

    So you bought a bike that doesn't fit the riding you want to do so you can break it?

    No offense intended, but that might be the worst idea I've heard on these forums in quite some time. Just because it breaks doesn't mean that you'll still be able to ride. If you're using the bike for something gnarlier than its intended use you may very well break yourself as well as the bike. You also might not get the frame warranted if you do happen to snap it in two.
  • 12-10-2012
    Saddle Up
    Do you ever read a thread where your first thought is, "why did I even bother to open it?, this is one of those for me.
  • 12-10-2012
    FuelEX8guy
    Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing the coil shock as well. I've been thinking about doing this on my fuel.
  • 12-10-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    I agree I think coil is the future. or going back to the future? I mean there is nothing wrong with air suspension is just not the same. Don't know why.
  • 12-10-2012
    sambs827
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    Do you ever read a thread where your first thought is, "why did I even bother to open it?, this is one of those for me.

    YES.

    OP, if you want to go coil, you'll need to rig adapter hardware to mount the coil shock since the DRCV has a custom eye to eye length.

    Since you're not going to follow better reason and get the bike for the job, I'd say ride stuff till it wears out. You clearly have no problem with that philosophy concerning the frame, so why waste money swapping out parts?
  • 12-11-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    I started this thread to see other ''full floater bikes'' because I think is the BEST rear suspension system in the market at the moment not to mention the sexiest. Also to exchange ideas with other Trek owners. Not to have to deal with trollers.
  • 12-11-2012
    sambs827
    3 Attachment(s)
    My Remedy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CHINOTAKER View Post
    I started this thread to see other ''full floater bikes'' because I think is the BEST rear suspension system in the market at the moment not to mention the sexiest. Also to exchange ideas with other Trek owners. Not to have to deal with trollers.

    Well in that case, attached is are a couple shots of my Remedy. Sorry my ugly, hairy, warty self is on it, but I do enjoy riding it so much more than hanging out under a bridge.
    Attachment 744108

    Attachment 744106

    Attachment 744107

    The build:

    2010 Remedy 8 frame w/ DRCV RP2
    2011 Rockshox Revelation XX DualAir, 20mm Maxle
    Truvativ Hussafelt Cranks 165mm w/ RaceFace 34T single ring

    Transition chain guide w/ BBG bash guard
    SRAM X-9 shifter and medium-cage derailleur
    2012 Shimano XT Trail Brakes
    2012 Stan's Flows laced to the Stan's 3.30HD hubs
    SRAM PG-990 11-34t cassette
    SRAM PC-991 hollowpin chain

    Schwalbe Hans Dampf Evo tires, 2.35" set up tubeless
    RockShox Reverb 125x420mm dropper post (not in photo)
    Shimano PD-M520 pedals

    Truvativ AKA Stem, 10 degree rise x 70mm
    RaceFace Atlas FR bars, 770mm x 10mm rise
    RaceFace Stryker grips
    WTB Speed V Saddle
    One 10mm carbon fiber headset spacer
    One 20mm blingy red spacer and top cap from Poison Spider Bicycles in Moab, UT.

    Generic cable housing & ferrules
    Grease, Chain lube, shock oil.
    Dirt.

    That's my bike.

    Sorry, I didn't realize that giving honest advice that the person seeking it wouldn't agree with constitutes "trolling." Maybe now that I've posted some photos of my Remedy and listed its full build some beautiful princess will come visit me under my bridge, kiss me, and turn me into a handsome, strapping young man. :thumbsup: A guy can dream, can't he?
  • 12-11-2012
    b-kul
    full floater isnt unique or a linkage type, abp is.
  • 12-11-2012
    Fix the Spade
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    full floater isnt unique or a linkage type, abp is.

    Dave Weagle wants a word with you...
  • 12-11-2012
    b-kul
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Dave Weagle wants a word with you...

    lol i know it. regardless the point stands, full floater is not a linkage design.
  • 12-11-2012
    CHINOTAKER
    Black white and red looks HOT in a remedy.

    what sort of race is that?
  • 12-11-2012
    Berkley
    Sam, your bashguard orientation is impeccable. Really top notch stuff.
  • 12-11-2012
    CHINOTAKER