mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Shorts with minimal chamois?

I've been shopping around for a good pair of shorts, and so far the chamois in all of them makes me feel like I'm wearing a maxi pad or something. I even tried the Hoss Ponderosas that get good reviews, but they were the same way (plus I wear a 36, and the XL was still too small!).

Are there any bike specific shorts out there that have a very minimal chamois that isn't very noticeable when you're wearing them? Baggy or lycra doesn't matter...I'd even be interested in bike specific underwear as long as the chamois wasn't too bulky.

Also, any good shorts without chamois, but also without any seams in the tender areas?

I have an SDG I-Flex saddle which is very comfy even though it's quite firm.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I have a pair of Oakley shorts (the ones with the "scoops") I got from price point and totally loving them... the have enough material above the crotch so they stay on your hips and not ride down but also enough length in the legs so you dont catch the back of your seat in your leg hole when you get way far back

edit: link is here http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/162...orts---New.htm

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Oakley Feature Baggy Shorts is good. It is comfortable to wear when you ride.

plasma donor
    I just wear basketball shorts. Nike, Reebok, don't matter, they are comfortable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I tend to buy shorts with out or with removable chamois like the Fox shorts or Sombrios and get Endura boxer breifs with a light chamoi built it. http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx...05&prod_id=160

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    If you want some lycra shorts, Pearl Izumi Tri shorts have a very minimal chamois in them.
    i ride bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I saw those Tri Shorts...how do their sizes run?

Also, what about stuff like the boxer briefs from Pearl Izumi?

mtbr member
    picked up some starter shorts and tee's from walmart a couple of days ago. also bought some starter moisture wicking spandex shirts to wear under this armor jacket I just picked up. all items were $7.50 a piece.
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Full XT cockpit
    Thompson X4 Elite Stem
    Easton Haven Carbon Handlebars / Seatpost

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Try these, I have been wearing this brand for 3 years and am most happy.
    http://www.hannulink.com/home.html