mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Shimano ME7 shoes

anyone here ride these in a wet climate? i hear they vent well in the toes and water gets in just as fast. anyone tried to waterproof that mesh area with shoe goo or gorilla tape, or anything else??

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I have them, and they are exceptionally ventilated, but if I splash thru a puddle my toes get soaked. YMMV

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    i now have them. i will be spreading a layer of aquaseal over the toe mesh area as most of our riding takes place in the cool and wet.

mtbr member
    I was going to get these and ended up with Bontrager Rhythms instead. The toe box being sealed off from splash was a huge selling point. With my M200's my toes were always getting soaked.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

Bodhisattva
    Great shoes. I love them. But zero water proofing. I have a pair of gore tex liner socks that I'll wear over my woolies when it's wet

mtbr member
    I just put cleats on mine. I haven't ridden them yet. I'm coming from Giro Terraduros and have some quick observations.

1. I got them because I'm tired of going on "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" in Moab on the features with slickrock if I put a foot down. I have yet to test it, but these seem to have a softer material on the sole which should grip well.
    2. The sides pushed against my ankle bones. I wore them for a couple of hours around the house and that seemed to solve that issue as they quickly broke in. You could get slightly thicker insoles (I may get better ones anyway) and that would also take care of that issue to some extent.
    3. I came from Terraduros, which require a spacer (such as what comes with Eggbeaters) to drop the cleat enough so that there is no rubbing on Shimano pedals. I have Shimano XT Trails, and with these, no spacer is needed.
    4. They fit like Terraduros. Whatever size you wear in those work for these.
    5. The cleats can be slid further back on these, also. They come with red spacers. I put those in place from inside the shoe on the rear and then placed the inner plate as far back as it would go, with the spacer in place. That placed the cleat in a good spot to be close to the positioning you'd get with flats and made it easier to get the same spacing on each shoe.