mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Seatpost rock shox stealth 150mm or ks lev 150mm

Anyone know which is better seatpost ??

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I'd go for the cheaper option, they are both good. I currently have the "normal" reverb and I absolutely love it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    If you're running with a 2x drivetrain with a front shifter, KS remote may integrate better with some shifter pods/brake lever options. Reverb right hand side remote works very well upside down on the left for 1x drivetrains with no front shifter.

This is the main difference that I can see.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I had heard that reverb was bleeding problems.
    As the reberv positive thing is much easier to repair, instead lev KS can not be opened.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    reverb.

mtbr member
    If internal routing is an option then I would go the Reverb route.

I am having a b!tch of a time getting some spare parts for my LEV (non-internal routing) in Canada and any future bike will have internal routing so I can go the reverb stealth route.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    The model reverb stealth connectamajig 2014 , you can disconnect the cable and remove the seatpost about 3 or 4 times and do not have to bleed the circuit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    If internal routing is an option then I would go the Reverb route.

I am having a b!tch of a time getting some spare parts for my LEV (non-internal routing) in Canada and any future bike will have internal routing so I can go the reverb stealth route.
    counter argument: I just got my LEV integra back from the actuator upgrade (swapping the "push the housing" type for the "pull the cable"), and was very happy with the process. Quick and painless. Not that I've ever had a problem with rockshox, but... I was on a trip in the middle of nowhere (1000 miles and an ocean away from the nearest bike shop), someone's reverb remote got trashed. A cable would have been easer to jerry-rig something in that situation. His post was down when it happened, with no easy way to even 'permanently' extend it to keep riding; guy ended up using a brake lever to pressurize it enough to extend his post just so he could keep riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    So KS has fixed that pull the housing problem? Thats great news.
    Wonder when they will be available to purchase like that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I gather that the Rock Shox Reberv is better than KS LEV. True ??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 727 View Post
    I gather that the Rock Shox Reberv is better than KS LEV. True ??
    Gather from what? This forum, and the interwebs, seem to go either way on the two. FWIW I have a KS LEV and think its pretty great... but, not sure my sample size is enough to sway a vote from the RS post. After a few hundred of these threads, the only thing I gather is that all of the droppers, except the gravity dropper , break and need service, and the actuator (type and mounting location) is almost more important than the action of the post. YMMV

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oaklandish View Post
    Gather from what? This forum, and the interwebs, seem to go either way on the two. FWIW I have a KS LEV and think its pretty great... but, not sure my sample size is enough to sway a vote from the RS post. After a few hundred of these threads, the only thing I gather is that all of the droppers, except the gravity dropper , break and need service, and the actuator (type and mounting location) is almost more important than the action of the post. YMMV
    gahter no sorry , wanted to say "I understand that rock shox reberv is better than ks lev
    Because all major brands of bicycles santa cruz, cannondale, trek etc. ..
    mounted on their frames rock shox reberv ??

mtbr member
    All of them have problems, so don't stress it too much. I'd get a reverb because of the ease of servicing. I've had mine for a year and a half and only had to bleed once. It's still going great.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

bike rider
    I have both and love them both. My XC bike has standard routing so I put the LEV on it. The other has stealth routing and came with the Reverb. I slightly prefer the lever actuation of the Reverb and the cleanliness of the stealth routing is sweet since the cable enters just behind the headtube. On my XC bike the 6" LEV has just the right amount of drop but on my Enduro bike I wish the Reverb was 7". I raise and lower it in the frame a lot. I think the LEV is a good 50g lighter. Another plus for the LEV is it raises a little faster and requires less effort to push down. Yes, I have thoroughly bled the Reverb a few times and it feels as good as any other Reverb.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    I have both and love them both. My XC bike has standard routing so I put the LEV on it. The other has stealth routing and came with the Reverb. I slightly prefer the lever actuation of the Reverb and the cleanliness of the stealth routing is sweet since the cable enters just behind the headtube. On my XC bike the 6" LEV has just the right amount of drop but on my Enduro bike I wish the Reverb was 7". I raise and lower it in the frame a lot. I think the LEV is a good 50g lighter. Another plus for the LEV is it raises a little faster and requires less effort to push down. Yes, I have thoroughly bled the Reverb a few times and it feels as good as any other Reverb.
    I am in the same boat with manually adjusting my 6" dropper post at times, especially if long steep grind awaits. For that I prefer the external routed cable of my Lev 150 Ti (my frame takes both external and internal). If I didn't manually adjust beyond 6" at times, then internal would be nice. I owned a Reverb in past and sold it after just 3 weeks due to feeling too slow despite proper bleeds, but was used to very quick action of my Gravity Dropper. My Lev is just the right return speed, not too fast or two slow. So far I have been pretty well pleased with Lev Ti 150, whereas I had a KS Supernatural that was a pain at times and sent back to KS a few times and ultimately stopped using the remote and just use it with lever actuation on my other bike.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have both as well, on two separate bikes. I installed the KS LEV on my Santa Cruz Blur LTc a while back and loved it. Very smooth, very easy to trigger. Sometimes I had to jump up and down on it to get it to pop-up, but no big deal. Overall, great dropper and loved the infinite adjust-ability. So much that when I purchased a new SC Bronson and it came with the Reverb, I thought about switching them. But the Reverb is working great so far. The trigger is harder to push (requires more force, and the design IMO is not as nice as the LEV), but it does what it should. And so far, no issues with it.

mtbr member
    gahter no sorry , wanted to say "I understand that rock shox reberv is better than ks lev
    Because all major brands of bicycles santa cruz, cannondale, trek etc. ..
    mounted on their frames rock shox reberv ??

that's faulty reasoning. Brands spec parts because they get a deal on them, not for performance. You want proof of this: Avid brakes. The fact that they even exist. No one, I mean no one has ever asked for avid brakes and yet bikes come with them. Because they are better than something else? no, there is literally nothing on the market worse than an Elixer 1. So there must be some other reason.

I'm not saying the reverb is Avid-level $hitty, just that the fact that the big brands spec something says very little about how good it is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    that's faulty reasoning. Brands spec parts because they get a deal on them, not for performance. You want proof of this: Avid brakes. The fact that they even exist. No one, I mean no one has ever asked for avid brakes and yet bikes come with them. Because they are better than something else? no, there is literally nothing on the market worse than an Elixer 1. So there must be some other reason.

I'm not saying the reverb is Avid-level $hitty, just that the fact that the big brands spec something says very little about how good it is.
    7,700 euros specialized S Works brakes SRAM CARBON .. All the bikes enduro brakes SRAM or shimano lead. Specialized Bicycle Components
    Long ago the kings of suspension forks were Rock shox and manitou.
    Fox arrived and dislodged rock shox and manitou.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I had heard that reverb was bleeding problems.
    As the reberv positive thing is much easier to repair, instead lev KS can not be opened.
    Lies. It can and has been opened (and is easy):

KS LEV - DIY Cartridge Rebuild

I also agree that most droppers are going to need maintenance every now and then. Least maintenance is without a doubt the Gravity Dropper but that **** is ugly. Sorry. These are facts.

-Chris

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    counter argument: I just got my LEV integra back from the actuator upgrade (swapping the "push the housing" type for the "pull the cable"), and was very happy with the process. Quick and painless. Not that I've ever had a problem with rockshox, but... I was on a trip in the middle of nowhere (1000 miles and an ocean away from the nearest bike shop), someone's reverb remote got trashed. A cable would have been easer to jerry-rig something in that situation. His post was down when it happened, with no easy way to even 'permanently' extend it to keep riding; guy ended up using a brake lever to pressurize it enough to extend his post just so he could keep riding.
    How do you get the upgrade? I'm in the market for LEV Integra - how do I distinguish good actuator from bad?