mtbr member

In search of a bike for my partner

Hi,

I am being in search of an all-mountain bike for my partner. Many practical conditions are really constraining my choice...and finally I have come to nowhere the answer is close

Thus, I hope you may help provide those bike names & models matching my partner's conditions as follows:

1) Height 4' 11'' with inseam 25.5"

2) Full suspension (no matter what design)

3) Disc brakes (no matter what type)

4) 26" Wheel

5) Actual horizontal top tube length < 21"

6) Price range < 2,000 USD

I hope there are a few fit bikes out there otherwise I need to ask my partner to grow taller

Regards,

Joe

EDR
    Check out Santa Cruz. They make 'partner' specific fs frames such as the Juliana, comes in XS. Very nice bike with a great reputation. Under 2 grand complete.

http://www.treefortbikes.com/35_3332...-Complete.html

mtbr member

Still...

Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Check out Santa Cruz. They make 'partner' specific fs frames such as the Juliana, comes in XS. Very nice bike with a great reputation. Under 2 grand complete.

http://www.treefortbikes.com/35_3332...-Complete.html
    Thank you for your information. Interesting one!

I have checked the figures of SC Juliana. Things seem OK but the standover height of 27.8" that is much higher than my partner inseam (25.5-26"). Is it a good idea to ride a bike having longer standover than inseam length?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Trek Fuel EX 5.5
    would probably fit the bill. should be able to find it for below MSRP too.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

There's no app for this.

check out the

Ladies' forum, this question has been more than covered; I believe there's a sticky post near the top that covers this off.

Jim

mtbr member

Thanks for your guide...(nt)

Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    Ladies' forum, this question has been more than covered; I believe there's a sticky post near the top that covers this off.

Jim
    (nt)

EDR
    s it a good idea to ride a bike having longer standover than inseam length?
    No.

Having a TT that hits the crotch is no real big deal but having one you simply cannot stand over would be bad.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The Yeti ASR is very light, has a sharply down-angled top tube that gives lots of standover, and comes in an XXS size. Not a huge amount of travel, but very light people don't need a huge amount of travel. Head angle is 69, which is good, an XS bike with a steep head angle will have a very short wheelbase and may feel unstable going down steeper stuff.

That would be my choice, though there are plenty of other good ones out there.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by dayuhan
    The Yeti ASR is very light, has a sharply down-angled top tube that gives lots of standover, and comes in an XXS size. Not a huge amount of travel, but very light people don't need a huge amount of travel. Head angle is 69, which is good, an XS bike with a steep head angle will have a very short wheelbase and may feel unstable going down steeper stuff.

That would be my choice, though there are plenty of other good ones out there.
    The ASR is a very nice bike. Top of the line race bike in fact. I don't think you can find a new one in the OP's price range. The frame alone should be near 2 grand. Used maybe.

hithard
    Check this one. It might do the job. Good luck.
    http://www.konaworld.com/09_minxy_u.cfm

mtbr member

Too bad...(Yeti)

It is very unfortunate for me as it isn't easy to find Yeti bikes here (Tokyo). If found one, it is likely to be XS, S and M....

mtbr member

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by lou_b_83
    Check this one. It might do the job. Good luck.
    http://www.konaworld.com/09_minxy_u.cfm
    It ain't that bad having an eye on Kona. I will check it out...

mtbr member
    Tough question. My wife is 5'2" and not particularly "leggy." She did not have decent stand over on any Trek, Fisher, or Kona from the 2007 and 2008 model years. I didn't look at Yeti, but they might have enough clearance. We did look at the Ventana X5 and Titus Motolite and found they both have enough room. She ended up getting the Titus and has been very happy with it.

Now, the problem is that either one of those frames blows your budget. You might be able to find a Titus ML-1 complete on closeout for near $2000, because they were less than $3000 retail for 2008.