mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Scott high octane dh into FR?

Hi all,
    I been using mtbr for over a year and searching the forums for info and it has become my go to place and the only one i trust to find reviews on any bike that interests me. So i thought it should be the place where i come in to post my questions and hopefully over time become more active in the forums and in turn help out others.

I know the question I ask has already been asked but i thought maybe by asking a specific question on a particualr bike/frame the answers may be a little more thorough.

I currently have a giant glory 1 com8 2009 and a 2006 scott high octane that is a full downhill bike. As of recently i decided i no longer wish to do downhill and want to focus more on freeride and woodland trails. My question is can i? should i, take the marzochi 888 VF2 bomber forks and replace them with something smaller to be more adequate for freeride? is there anything else i can do or will it ruin the geometry or not be a good freeride bike period no matter what i do???

The scott is too heavy as is to climb and in general to ride so my aim would be to make it a better freeride bike with the hopes of it being a strong durable bike able to take bigger hits than other freeride bikes if converted and making it lighter and more manouverable in the process to be able to climb and ride comfortably on straights and trails.

I am considering this as i am looking to buy another bike because one will be my wifes so rather than trying to sell the octane and then look for another bike and pay same price as i sell for, for a lesser bike, could i just touch it up make a few changes and make it into a good freeride bike?? I know the frame geometry is little different but can it be done and done well????

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Really! still no replies!!?? come on guys Help please! I thought i would get a ton of responses and advice here...