mtbr member

SC Blur LT or Intense 5.5, That is the question........

I just got a Blur LT about 6mos ago sz Xlg frame and it's a tad bit too large for my riding style and I was at my LBS and he mentioned the Intense 5.5 as being much better frame than the BLT so now I'm caught between just ordering a new Lg Blur LT frame or a Intenses 5.5 and if I bought this weekend he would sell me a 07' Intense 5.5 EVP frame for the price of a 06' model just to make the deal sweeter. I just have not had a chance to do much research on the Intense and I am looking for any input on this matter. By the way I already sold my old frame so I got components no frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The Intense head tube angles are too steep for me. The BLT feels comfortable on the descents where the 5.5 felt twitchy to me. I need the grace of a slacker head angle. JMO

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    I've not ridden either, but I think the whole Intense line is a bit overpriced.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have a 5.5. It is steeper than the Blur LT and overall a different feel.

I run a Zoke AM1 to stacken the head angle for more agressive riding.

My experience with Intense is that your frame and linkage will stay true loger if you take care of the bike so a better long term investiment.

If you're using the big for AM/FR rather than AM/XC don't expect longenity. I bought a Reign X to take care of the FR side of things.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The shop didn't offer a fitting? On bikes/frame $1000+ we do proper (and free) fittings on all in store sales.
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I was in the same position you were a few months ago and I ended up going with the Intense. The biggest factor was reading about the short bearing life and squeaking pivots that some Blur LT owners had. One of my favorite trails has a lot of stream crossings so this was a big factor for me. Also, when I took a closer look at the Blur LT and Intense frames, one thing that stood out was how much “beefier” the Intense linkages were compared to the Blur LT. I think the stronger linkages may contribute to longer bearing life on the Intense. I put a Marz AM1 on the Intense which slackens out the head angle to about 69 degrees which is the same as the Blur LT. You can also put on a Pike with a Ventana crown race to the same effect. If you want an Intense frame, try calling Greenfish Sports. They gave me a price over the phone for the frame and fork much much lower than what’s on their website. The price I got was the same as the Blur, so it was a no brainer at that point