mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Santa Cruz Heckler Weight

im looking to get a all mountain bike with some suspension. I have found a santa cruz heckler that weighs 30 pounds about.. is that too heavy?

mbtr member
    too heavy for what?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    for all mountain riding.. like climbing well and riding.. im not to knowledgable with weights of bikes

it tied the room together
    A 30 pound Heckler is not heavy, for a Heckler. I'd guess that 30 pounds would be on the lighter side of most AM rides.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    My Heckler.5 weighs in at 32 pounds - and it doesn't feel too heavy to me (6-4 205). That is coming from a light hardtail...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    ok guys thanks for the help.. appreciate it

What are you looking at?
    My Heckler is right around 30 pounds, and I can climb anything on it that I can on a Blur.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    sumthin' bout' dem Hecklers.....

Mine is a modest 34.6lbs, but I honestly don't notice it like I notice 28lbs on my hardtail....
    I weigh in at #280 dressed to ride, and....well....I am a little hard on equipment..... I should have three frames out in the shed, but I haven't laid eyes on them since the first day I decked out the Heckler and trailed it..... I do it all on that bike which sometimes involves sustained climbing....and the weight has never bothered me..... there is honestly sumthin' bout dem Hecklers that defies the weight controversy......

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Mine weighs ~32lbs and doesn't bother me at all (6'2" ~225lbs). My brother's weighs ~36 lbs and he doesn't have any problems either. 30 lbs would be awesome

Dan

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    wow.. nice man.. now im pumped..

bump and grind
    Used to be 29 lbs,, now at 33.5 lbs and gaining weight. My heckler wants a bigger fork and tires. I hardly notice the weight difference. But I definitely benefit from the better descending performance.

mtbr member
    Mine is about 31 lbs. Wouldn't mind getting it down to 30 but I doubt I would feel the difference - I had it at about 33 pounds with slow downhill tires for a while and it didn't slow me down.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Ill have to weight mine and chime in later but im guessing 31-32 and rides lighter than my old 30lbs heckler (my current is a gen 2 w/dhx 5.0 and 5.6" travel). (ppl should comment on which version they have (now that there is three))

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Heckler.5

I just got mine. It took me a couple of runs to get everything dialed in......but after that it climbs great. I'm guessing it weighs 31 lbs. but it seems weight dosen't make too much of a difference. Now that I've bulit it up I'm curious what the exact weight is. I'll report it later.