mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Santa Cruz Heckler questions

I am 6'2 220 lbs. Will a large size frame fit me or do I need an xl? Is this bike good for local xc trails and occasional trip to a ski area? What years did the bike become 150mm length suspension? Can 650b wheels fit on both the front and back with clearance? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Pay no mind to us...
    I picked up a Heckler frame a couple of months ago and the research I did indicated that the Heckler runs a bit small.

I'm 5.10 to 5.11 and run a L Heckler which is comfortable fit-wise. You may want to go with an XL based on being a bit taller but it will depend on how long your legs are, torso, etc.

The Heckler is a very capable bike. Something like Bikepedia can be useful to figure out builds for a given year - 2010 Santa Cruz Heckler R AM - BikePedia

650b shouldn't be an issue but I would check with SC or maybe go on the fork you would put with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsknight View Post
    I am 6'2 220 lbs. Will a large size frame fit me or do I need an xl? Is this bike good for local xc trails and occasional trip to a ski area? What years did the bike become 150mm length suspension? Can 650b wheels fit on both the front and back with clearance? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.