mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Santa Cruz Blur LT shock tune

Can those of you with Santa Cruz Blur LT and LTc please tell me your RP23 shock tune i.e.

Rebound (light, medium or high)
    Velocity / compression (light, medium or high)
    Boost valve pressure (175, 250.....)
    Extra volume sleeve size (eg XV)

These values are all from your shock stickers.

I have an LTc and I am not happy with the performance of the shock. I've been informed that it's not the correct tune.

I find the ride is choppy at the required pressure for 15 -18mm sag as recommended. It does not absorb smaller hits and feels more like a hardtail.
    At lower pressures it wallows and ‘over travels’. This is particularly noticeable on steep accents when the bike feels very sluggish and much heavier than it is.
    I tried using pro-pedal but this had no noticeable effect and didn’t ‘prop up’ the rear like it does on other bikes I have ridden.

mtbr member
    On the RP23 that came w/ the frame, the tune was marked XL comp, L rebound (or was it the other way around...?). I recall the boost valve was either 170 or 175. I did get a LV air can for this Fox and it did a WHOLE LOT better w/ the sag/wallow. But, the RP felt sluggish/sticky to me...made the bike really well behaved at low speeds, but bucked like a goddamn bronco in the high speed chop...especially w/ how stiff that carbon frame is!

About the wallow:
    Best solution, get a coil like the X-Fusion HLR. I picked up a Roco WC and it was WAY better than the RP. But, it's pretty heavy, even w/ a Ti coil. 2nd best solution, get a LV air can. But unless you're a heavy rider...say 200+ pounds kitted up...you might not be able to use full travel.

On the tune...
    I couldn't mod the Fox so I picked up a Monarch Plus RC3 w/ a HV air can, volume reduced to what I'd guess is a "normal" volume. I can't seem to find a LV air can at a good price so I used those rubber bands and motor oil in the air chamber to reduce volume. But I custom shimmed my M/M Monarch to something like a XL/L, comp/reb, respectively. FYI, I think per Rockshox's tune table, the BLTc's 2.2 leverage ratio turns out to be a L/L tune.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Huffy Rider
    Get a Monarch Plus, I got my stock RP Pushed to try and get rid of the wallowing and lack of mid-stroke support.....it helped but it was like polishing a turd. I now run a stock Monarch Plus and this thing is AMAZING!