mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Upset santa cruz anodize problem

i have a Santa Cruz Nomad 2 frame bought it about 6 month ago.
    during the last summer the gray color of the anodize frame is coming off as if my sweat is causing damage to the "paint".
    Been in touch with Santa through my bike shop, they come with a "perhaps during the anodization process the final sealing process did not work? But so far they didn't get any other complains???
    I think they should replace the frame but they are still considering. maybe if they wait long enough I give up or my bike warrenty will expire
    Any Ideas what to do???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hykaplanmd
    i have a Santa Cruz Nomad 2 frame bought it about 6 month ago.
    during the last summer the gray color of the anodize frame is coming off as if my sweat is causing damage to the "paint".
    Been in touch with Santa through my bike shop, they come with a "perhaps during the anodization process the final sealing process did not work? But so far they didn't get any other complains???
    I think they should replace the frame but they are still considering. maybe if they wait long enough I give up or my bike warrenty will expire
    Any Ideas what to do???
    Call SC bikes directly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I don't know about replacing the frame since there is nothing wrong with it. I could see them taking it back to re-ano it. As said before call them directly, Santa Cruz would not be trying to make your warranty exp or make you give there are more then enough examples of their amazing customer service on these forums

nocturnal oblivion
    Offer to send them pics and see what they'll do. Otherwise from what I hear, if you can tear down your bike to the frame a powdercoat job is not that expensive (will void your warranty though).
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe