mtbr member
    Well i put my personal problem solution to my lower back pain in here. Im in the military and a workout aholic anyway so my core and back is very fit and strong so i knew that wasnt the problem. So went to the bike now over all the years of riding i had only ridden a hardtail then two years ago i finally saw the light and got a fs bike. Once i did that, thats when lower back pain started. My fix after trying many things from different saddle height to stem length to bar width changes, what sealed the deal was to angle the saddle down and bingo no more back pain. Meaning angle the nose of the saddle down, i was always super anal about having a level saddle and that wasnt working out for me on a FS bike.
    So thats what worked for me, hope it may help you also.

RJ

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Saddle angle causing lower back pain?

I bought a new saddle for my bike yesterday, and went on good 2 mile ride. Towards the end of my ride my lower back started to ache alittle bit. Do you guys think I might have messed up the saddle angle thus causing my back to hurt? I've been riding everyday for about 12 years and never really had that dull lower ache. The saddle I bought was the same model as my old one that I've been riding the past couple years. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks in advance
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    May 2011
    On a Full Suspension bike the Seat Tube Angle Increases when you Sag/ Sit on the bike.

So your seat will need to be slightly pointed down; when you're sitting on it, and saging the suspension, the seat will level out.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    If your saddle angle is off, it's not your back that'll hurt.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks guys. I found out that my rear shock was low causing more sag, and was throwing off the bad seat angle even worse. I tuned up bike today and all is good.
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat