Thread: saddle for 6.6

pb2

saddle for 6.6

coming more from an XC weight watching background I need advice on a suitable saddle, the 6.6 build is coming in at circa 32lbs so another ounce or two is no big deal when it comes to saddle choice

In exile
    Nothing wrong with the same saddle you rode XC on if it's comfy. I personally have a SDG Bel Air on my Reign and like it, but not sure it's any better than a Flite Trans Am or a WTB Rocket V Stealth for me.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    The saddle needs to fit you. Matters little what bike it is on.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    check out the wtb devo, looks like it wont be comfortable, but I'll tell ya its the best saddle I've tried, I've tried the wtb-sst98,pureV, rocket V, terry fly, specialized rival sl,
    its 190 grams, 150mm wide, shorter than some , easy to slide off and I havent bent the Ti rails yet
    Id rate it 5 chilies if it was on the site

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride with a WTB Laser V on my bike and absolutely love it. It's fairly light, has Ti rails, and is just the right width for me. I know other people who have had good luck with WTB saddles as well, but when it comes down to it, all that really matters is if it's comfortable for you. You might even have to go through a couple saddles before you find one you really like.

squish is good
    I concur w/ 1990gti. I have a WTB Rocket-V which, from the reviews, is apparently a pretty decent saddle. I hate it, period. Doesn't work for me, but I ride it anyways, because I don't feel like spending money on another saddle. I think I still need to tweak my riding placement, but overall, I'm looking for something that won't leave my rear end chafed and sore like I am now. I will spend money on something that works better, but I don't feel like spending another couple 100 bucks testing out new saddles for now, maybe in a couple months if the sores don't go away.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yespsb
    coming more from an XC weight watching background I need advice on a suitable saddle, the 6.6 build is coming in at circa 32lbs so another ounce or two is no big deal when it comes to saddle choice
    Stick with what you have on your xc bike if you like it. I've got a very light, small saddle on my 32lb bike. The saddle is one of the things you don't need to beef up.

Riding a Rig.
    I've been very impressed with WTB saddles. The way the shell flexes is what makes them different from most saddles I have used. Give one a try and see if your rear agees.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

Dr. Bike
    Mar 2006
    check out the Azonic Hot Seat.
    I have one on my 6.6 and am very happy with it. It's even relatively inexpensive.
    If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot !