rebmem rbtm

RS Tora 318 U-turn coil vs. RS Pike 409 U-Turn

Hi guys, I´ve posted this in the Shocks and suspension forum also, but just in case i have no answer i´ll post it here too:

I´m lookin´ for a new long travel fork for my 2011 GT Avalanche 2.0, which currently has a 120mm SR suntour XCR that works pretty well. In my country good forks are hard to come by. I like to have the u-turn option ´cause i ride both XC and All mountain.

In Argentina (my country is next to Argentina) there is a guy selling a RS Pike 409 w/U-turn, 95-140mm travel and 20mm axle. The guy includes the 20mm hub for the wheel so that´s no problem. I think i´d prefer the pike.
    The thing is that the pike is about 100 dollars more expensive, and i´d have to go to argentina to pick it up or have it sent to me.
    On the other hand there is a nearby LBS selling a RS Tora 318 w/U turn and 85-130mm travel. This one has a 9mm axle.

What´s the best choice? I´m still saving money, i´m guessing i could pick it up for next month, perhaps sooner.

Any help?

rebmem rbtm
    Bump. No answer neither here nor in the Shocks and susp forum...

T.W.O
    The 20mm axle makes the front end a lot stiffer and I won't go back to a QR. Looks like the 409 is air as opposed to the 318 coil. Some people like the plushness of coil where as others like that air is a little less plush and there isn't as much force absorption. Air forks are usually lighter than coil but with the 20mm vs the QR I would say that is a wash.

It's kind of a catch 22 as both forks will offer some differences while being quite similiar. The Toras seem to be getting nicer than they have in the past for an entry level fork. I would get the 20mm just because of the stiffness but that is me.
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

Blue Pig
    Pike.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.