mtbr member

RS Lyrik RCDH Coil 170 impressions?

I recently purchased a RS Lyrik RCDH Coil 170 and am in the process of waiting for it to show up to my doorstep. Thought I would see If I can get my hands on any set up tips and just general impressions of the fork from owners here before hand (I have read all of the reviews). This will be my first coil fork (well first High End). I am wondering what coil to try first.

As I understand it, it comes with the medium spring installed but also comes with a soft and firm spring in the box. I weigh about 190 kitted up. Any thoughts? This fork will be teamed up with an Elka Stage 5 on my Banshee Rune. Also, how much difference am I going to feel in contrast to the 08 Lyrik Solo Air I used to own a couple of years back? I really enjoyed that fork.

wuss
    The medium spring is a good starting point, go hard if it feels like you are bottoming out harshly or dive a lot despite setting compression.

The main differences to the solo air will be that you can have a firmer spring rate and still have good small bump complience. This gives you a firmer midstroke. The solo air is also more progressive, so it will be easier to use up all your travel.

My fork was a solo air which I modded to coil, the change was drastic, but I would put a lot of the smoothness towards everything being lubed up well during the rebuild. I still could not use up the last cm of travel untill a friend serviced the cart, seems there was too much oil preventing it from bottoming out...

mtbr member
    You're probably going to be in between the medium and firm springs so you'll have to try both to see what you like. Don't base your choice on RS's recommendation. For my weight at 215, I should've been using the extra firm spring but it was way stiff even at my weight. The firm blue spring was perfect for me but I don't do real big stuff so the blue might work for you.

mtbr member
    and give it a good few rides before making a decision about changing springs... I've noticed that the spring seems to soften after a bit of use.

I'm about 200lbs geared up and use the medium.

mtbr member
    Lots of info in this thread: 2010 Lyrik DH 170mm Coil = OMFG!