mtbr member

RS Lyrik DPA or SOLO ?

Hello,

I'm wondering of the real advantages of lowering a Fork (never tried) on my enduro bike, I've a 2012 Slayer with a monarch plus rc3 shock. Question is, is it worth taking the Lyrik dual position air or is the solo air enough, better ?

Dual position I could change from 160 to 130, I go uphill for 2-3 hours max and the Deville I had never really bothered me but as I said I never tried any lowering system

can you give me some advice ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Lowering the fork will help your climbing a little bit, and you'll be able to keep lower and planted on more climbs. You bike probably won't wallow in the middle of the travel aswell.

But..... Although I've had a Fox Talas on my AM/FR bike before, I've never used the travel adjust options. If you aren't having any trouble currently climbing, I wouldn't worry about it. Don't fix whats not broken.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks for your experience, I will probably go for solo air or the cheapest of both if it doesnt change downhill performance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raph11 View Post
    Hey thanks for your experience, I will probably go for solo air or the cheapest of both if it doesnt change downhill performance
    I'd say go for the Solo Air.

I have a Revelation with U Turn and a Magura Thor with travel adjust, never use it on either fork. On the Magura the travel adjust actually broke, never knew until I sent it to Magura UK for a service and they called to tell me!

Stand back
    Maybe it depends on how steep your climbs are. I've got the dpa lyrik on my Enduro, and I always lower it for climbs. On the smoother local rides (Denver area) I leave it lowered for the whole ride.
    I haven't trail ridden a solo air, but have read that they are a little more linear/ plush feeling than the dpa. That said, I like how the dpa matches up with my Pushed monarch plus. Neither wallows, and my bike climbs great.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    I see, my climbs are sometimes steep but not very often, and my priority is on going down. btw I was pretty certain to take a lyrik but doing some research I now also consider the 55 of Marzocchi ^^ because I heard it feels really great, specially on small bumps, and from my little experience I prefered coil forks to air. And I think they don't do the lyrik coil anymore, don't know for now.

my hesitation also comes from the fact that I'm quiet heavy and affraid thad I will have to put "too much" air in the fork, so that it's not sensitive enough to small bumps

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm 235 on a Lyrik Solo Air for 3 years now with no problems, not even close to air maxed out. The sticker on the leg says to go 80+psi for 220lbs or something like that. I'm at like 75psi maybe. Its high volume low pressure and every little bit affects the ride a good amount and with LS and HS damping you can fine tune it perfectly. I climb with it pretty well and was wondering if DPA is worth it too, since I could be more efficiently positioned for climbing. But the DH's kick @ss! It has saved me from crashing quite a few times with its sweet damping, rigidity, and solid feel. Oh and its really light for the large chassis.

mtbr member
    thanks for your feedback, I decided for a lyrik, one more question if you can help,

I have a better offer for a lyrik RC2L(dual position air) than for a RC2DH (solo air), so is the RC2L as good as the RC2DH for the downhill part ? I'm not sure to understand how it works inside, and therefore about downhill performance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have a Rev DPA 150/120. I lower it to start my rides since it usually starts with a climb but by the time I get to the peak or what not my fork is back at 150 without me doing aynthing. I've checked, double checked, and got my fork serviced and nothing is wrong. I think the DPA system is just flawed. I say go w/ the solo air.

mtbr member
    ok but what year is your fork ? I heard they changed it a lot since 1-2 years

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I had multiple problems with my 2 step system on my lyrik I had SRAM swap it to a solo no more problems! I never used the travel adjust to be honest. I am going to convert my talas to a float for the same reason.

mtbr member
    ok thanks, I'm ordering a solo air, looking forward to ride it !

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    A bit late maybe but the 2 step system is not the same as the DPA system. The 2 step was nothing but grief based on fellow riders but I have not heard the same problems with DPA.

mtbr member
    yep that's what I read also, nevermind, I ordered a solo air, finally found it cheaper than the DPA. and 2 position was not a real point for me, I just wanted to know if it worked as good as solo air because I first found it cheaper