mtbr member
    May 2007

Roval Traversée Wheelset or Mavic Crossmax SX UST

2009 Roval Traversée Wheelset or 2009 Mavic Crossmax SX UST? Which one would you choose to keep. I have to sell one set. I weigh 195lbs. both have 20mm front hubs. I ride XC/all mountain. I just can't decide which one is better to keep for the long run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roval Traversée Wheelset or Mavic Crossmax SX UST-adscf0149.jpg  

Roval Traversée Wheelset or Mavic Crossmax SX UST-dscf0810.jpg  

mtbr member
    Keep the SX. I dont see those specialized holding up. I question any wheel with only 8 spokes on one side. As long as the mavic freehub holds up (so far so good with mine) I think for all- mountain/trail they will last forever.

usually cranky
    the sx looks way more badass.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Love my '09 SX's and get lots of comments on the gray color. I switched from a 010 ST UST and think the SX's do feel a tad more stiff which might be the 2mm wider bead..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roval Traversée Wheelset or Mavic Crossmax SX UST-100_0285a.jpg  

Roval Traversée Wheelset or Mavic Crossmax SX UST-100_0285b.jpg  

2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    May 2007

mavics

Yeah I think I will sell the Rovals. I have ridden the Crossmax a few rides now and they feel stiffer and I still feel just as fast . Plus the dirtier the Mavics got the better they looked. Gotta clean these Rovals and get em on the web for sale. I feel better about the decision now so thanks for the input. Really helped.