mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Rough weight for a Gary Fisher Fat Possum XT

Hi there,

Can anyone give me a weight for a 17.5", 2007 Gary Fisher Fat Possum XT? I've been reading various different weights quoted online, going between 29lb's and 33lb's. I love the sound of the bike but 33lb's might just be a bit heavy for me.

cheers

Tom B

mtbr member
    I hate to say it Tom but I would say the weight is between 33 and 35 lbs. No doubt, it is a heavy AM set-up. However, if you switched out the tires, wheels, fork and go to 6 inch rotors, you might be looking at 30 +/- lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    The mountain bike buying public as a whole are remarkably stupid. They buy what they are told to by the media.

Steel is Real
    Sorry I have to agree with stylie. My fat possum(21") is around 30-32lbs once I changed wheels and tires it did lighten up a little but is still a hair over 30lbs. It still is a killer all mountain bike and I would recommend it for all mountain riding.
    #twerkteam #younggohards #JRA
    Fixed gears aint broke // All mountain all the time

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

chime

I'de echo the others and say they're in the ballpark. I had a frame only and built it up with pretty light stuff to about 31#. It was more bike than I could really put to good use, but I will say it climbs way better than you would expect. I think there is some magic in single pivots. Don't believe the people saying the bike is flexy, I didn't find it to be a problem at all and I go 220#. You do need to make sure the main pivot bearings are assembled and tensioned properly- a few of us had some issue with flex or noise from that issue. Once reassembled, no problems at all.