mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Rotor convertions

Morning,
    I need a new set of rotors and I'd like to try up sizing 160 to 180mm. Can a Marzocchi FXR Pro 120mm travel shock, off a Kona dawg 2005 fit a 180mm rotor? And if so do I need a spacer ?
    Thank you

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    It should be fine but dont go any bigger and you will need an adapter for the correct Rotor size and mount style. The fork should be an IS mount.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Kona 2004 Dawg - want to upgrade from 160mm to 180mm for the front rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
    It should be fine but dont go any bigger and you will need an adapter for the correct Rotor size and mount style. The fork should be an IS mount.
    Hello Guys...first post so please go easy on me...

I bought a new wheel set as a spare/extra set, and I was thinking the same thing...Can I re-use the current 160mm front rotor for the rear new spare wheel (so both rears wheels have 160mm rotors) and upgrade both front wheels to a 180mm? I currently have the EXR Pro shock/fork IS mount (what does IS mean?) with Hayes HFX9.

Does anyone know what is exactly needed (other than a 180mm rotor)? Is just an added or replaced spacer involved? I see so many online but I don't know what I need to look for.

I'm really old school and ride a 20 YO (pretty much original) Nishiki Pinnacle (w/XT that is still working and shift smooth) to work and home at least 4 times a week. So I'm trying to learn the new stuff. I'm mechanically inclined but weak on the new equipment and technical jargon.

Thanks Mucho