Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1967
    mtbr member

RockShox Reverb Thread

I trimmed the hose on my Reverb following the directions on the SRAM video. The instructions were clear enough, but I have been unable to push the hose all the way onto the barb on the remote.

I've tried with pliers. I'm a big guy and plenty strong enuff, but don't want to damage the hose.

Now the thing needs to be bled ever other ride 'cause (I'm assuming) it leaks a little. Very frustrating.

Any tricks to pushing the hose ALL the way onto the barb?

Disclosure: I didn't use a hydraulic hose cutter, but a good sharp cable cutter. The hose wasn't crushed and I had no problem getting the hose push part way onto the barb. It's the final 3 or 4mm that is a bear.

Thanks.
    --Reamer

SC Tallboy LTc
    Ventana ECDM 26
    ventana el Ciclon
    Litespeed Classic
    Seven Ti Axion Tandem
    1989 Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: RockShox Reverb Thread

Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    I trimmed the hose on my Reverb following the directions on the SRAM video. The instructions were clear enough, but I have been unable to push the hose all the way onto the barb on the remote.

I've tried with pliers. I'm a big guy and plenty strong enuff, but don't want to damage the hose.

Now the thing needs to be bled ever other ride 'cause (I'm assuming) it leaks a little. Very frustrating.

Any tricks to pushing the hose ALL the way onto the barb?

Disclosure: I didn't use a hydraulic hose cutter, but a good sharp cable cutter. The hose wasn't crushed and I had no problem getting the hose push part way onto the barb. It's the final 3 or 4mm that is a bear.

Thanks.
    My barb threaded on with my unit. Try screwing the remote onto the end of the hose.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Just a follow up to my Reverb situation, I finally ended up bringing mine back to REI on Friday, the bike tech guy very helpful but I have a feeling he would be clueless if it came down to him rebuilding it himself. He did get an RA number from SRAM within minutes and my post has been sent back to SRAM that same day. It will be either rebuilt or replaced, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the latter. I'm hoping to have something back this week as the REI and SRAM is within 30 miles of each other here in Chicago. But so far, I have no idea why my trusted LBS couldn't achieve the same level of service from SRAM, it's not like they are a small unknown LBS in the area, they are one of the best we have here. Could the original place of purchase have any affect on this happening I wonder?
    Picked up my 2012 Reverb post from REI today. It came back from Sram's warranty in under a week. It wasn't replaced, but I've received a full rebuild and rebleed under warranty. It definitely feels firm locking into position, zero play whatsoever. I'm a happy camper once again! This has changed my opinion of Sram's CS department but makes me question the efforts of my trusted LBS. With them, I would've been out $100-150 for the rebuild they wanted to charge me. The only thing to come out from them was obtaining the full Reverb rebuild kit from Sram ($50 value) that I got to keep for future use.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Good job!

Picked up my 2012 Reverb post from REI today. It came back from Sram's warranty in under a week. It wasn't replaced, but I've received a full rebuild and rebleed under warranty. It definitely feels firm locking into position, zero play whatsoever. I'm a happy camper once again! This has changed my opinion of Sram's CS department but makes me question the efforts of my trusted LBS. With them, I would've been out $100-150 for the rebuild they wanted to charge me. The only thing to come out from them was obtaining the full Reverb rebuild kit from Sram ($50 value) that I got to keep for future use.
    I have had similiar experience with sram on 3 reverbs, all bought off crais and sent through my lbs, and all recieved new not rebuilt replacements.

mtbr member

Here is some positive feedback regarding the Reverb post.

I have put ~3k and have had zero issues. Main chamber holds air, no additional play in the shaft, the remote works, and no creaping issues.

I have had two of these post so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a third

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    is it safe to use a clamp on the reverb seatpost? i have a Feedback pro elite workstand and use a THULE APEX bike rack to transport my bikes.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Not sure if this has been discussed. I noticed while cleaning my bike that there seems to be greenish fluid around the c clip and near the air valve cap of the post in the bottom. Is this indicative of a leak/bad seal? The post still works fine though. Just a few mm's sag when I sit but nothing major.

mtbr member

RockShox Reverb Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I have a 2012 Reverb and it will sink about 5mm when pushed down with my hand but then it solid after that. Is this normal or something to worry about?
    After a year mine started doing the same thing. I took it into the LBS to have it bleed and that didn't help so took it back. The check the air pressure and it was 110 psi or something like that. The pumped it up to 250 psi and it has worked fine ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Ive had my RS reverb for about 6months and not had one single problem and is faultless
    2012 Trek slash 8
    2008 Specialized Stumpy

Prev Bikes:
    2010 Trek scratch (gone but great bike)
    2012 Specialized Demo 8

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Does anyone run a mud guard of any kind, or just make sure to clean it off after every ride?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    is it safe to use a clamp on the reverb seatpost? i have a Feedback pro elite workstand and use a THULE APEX bike rack to transport my bikes.
    with no replies, i just thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RockShox Reverb Thread-dsc00856.jpg  

RockShox Reverb Thread-dsc00857.jpg  

RockShox Reverb Thread-dsc00858.jpg  

RockShox Reverb Thread-dsc00859.jpg  

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    with no replies, i just thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.

contraption in action
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Seems like it worked...... I do believe you were correct, you are not supposed to clamp the post. Read it somewhere on RS's website

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have a stealth on my new trek slash but I haven't used it yet, hopefully I don't have any issues

dog
    sit! stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    OK, that is a bummer. My experiences with SRAM have been just the opposite. I've had 4 reverbs replaced by them now with the most recent being a few months ago for the same issue you are having now.

1. Use your LBS. You might talk to SRAM through the 800 number, but they won't deal with you.
    2. Be persistent and remain kind. I took SRAM up on their offer of the rebuild kit, but that didn't fully resolve the problem. When the LBS couldn't perform a full rebuild sucessfully, I wasn't charged and SRAM sent out a new post.

SRAM is worlds above many in the bike industry in taking care of paying customers. I'm sure you can get this taken care of, just use your LBS for service and work through the official channels.
    i read yours and eurospek's stories. mine is pogoing as well. Video no. 1 of the 4 part series says if you are having the pogo problem that is has to go to one of their service centers... for yucks i called SRAM to speak to their tech folks. i told him that the place i got my reverb from is belly-up so they can't help me (which is true). he wanted me to talk to another LBS (which i expected). he said to check their web site for the ones that are reported to have the strongest service capabilities... the funny thing is that he said that the full service thing would cure the pogoing and it was for sure not a warranty issue (apparently like they told eurospek's LBS) and their very own 4 part full service video said to send it to a service center only (and presumably not do the service?)... hmmm...

i am not a conspiracy kind of human, but this doesn't seem to add up... i think i'll try calling one their LBS' with the stronger capabilities and see what they say...

on the other hand, nothing on those videos looked to hard... just gotta buy the specialty tools, which look to be about $10 each... although $50 a year maintenance parts seems kind of steep...

any other advice?
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dog View Post

any other advice?
    I would definitely try another LBS. Although I was quite surprised with my experience. I first took mine to my fav LBS that I visit frequently, know them on a first name basis, and either get minor service done or buy spare parts when I need them quick and don't want to wait online. SRAM told them my issue wasn't warrantied at all, but would require the full rebuild to remedy it, the LBS was able to get them to send the rebuild kit ($50 value) and that was that. The LBS wanted $100 for the rebuild. No thanks.

Took it finally to the bike shop at REI (where I purchased initially), and was hesitant about trying them first because I definitely do not trust the mechanic's expertise and knowledge there compared to a real LBS, but was proven wrong lol. The tech took my post, got on the phone with SRAM, and it was sent into them for warranty that same day. I received mine back fully rebuilt and re-bled, free of charge, within a week's turnaround. Quite different from my LBS experience, and no mention by SRAM that my post's serial number was already tried once for a warranty and denied when my LBS called 2 weeks previously.

In conclusion, I don't know what to think of this, but most importantly, my Reverb has been fixed under warranty and it's really all that matters. (Plus I scored a full rebuild kit for future use for free)

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Why is the bushing/top cap so DAMN EXPENSIVE??

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutaxis View Post
    Why is the bushing/top cap so DAMN EXPENSIVE??
    Probably usual marketing scam to boost profits! I got mine from Germany over the web (bike-discounts)and cost around 30 delivered which saved me 10 over UK prices, still pricy for what it is. In the long run I have had the post for more than 2 years and this is the first time I've replaced it so works out fairly cheap.

dog
    sit! stay!

In conclusion, I don't know what to think of this, but most importantly, my Reverb has been fixed under warranty and it's really all that matters. (Plus I scored a full rebuild kit for future use for free)
    it's sad but I did try another LBS and got the same answer your LBS got... unfortunately I did not buy my post from some place with clout like REI...

just seems to be way too much maintenance... i'll drop this dropper for sure!!!
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by N0Mad View Post
    mine didn't work out of the box.
    production date is 2011 week 11, so it supposed to be w/o all issues.
    it doesn't work after several bleedings - the remote button is hard, I can't push it at all (a little bit if remote speed is set slow), as if the hydraulic valve inside the post is stuck and doesn't work at all. WTF???

anyone had the same problem?
    Ok, better late than never, a sort of long-term review:
    1) The seller took the defect post and delivered me a new one
    2) The defect post was repaired by a mechanic - he told me that it was assembled wrong at the factory - some quad seal in the post internals was misplaced, tightend by the other metal parts and corrupted, so the valve in the hydraulic system just couldn't open. That seal was a proprietary one of some specific size/form and he couldn't find the replacement, so he just turned it inside-out. The post worked ok for a couple of weeks testing, so the seller payed for repairment and sold that post with a big discount, like for $200.
    3) Anyway, as for now, my post (the old version, barbs unthreaded, labeled A1 in service manuals) sucks literally (air into the system), needs rebleeding like every month or even earlier.
    4) I plan to replace both barbs:
    - the post end with a crimped Elixir barb (I have an old brake line left when I replaced it with Goodridge)
    - the remote end: throw away the original barb and speed dial (anyway unused) and replace it with a normal M6 barb from Hope brake lines (I have a spare kit).

I don't want to use the original line with barbs because:
    1) a lot of parts (including the remote barb) are labeled in service manual as incompatible between A1 and A2 version. I have A1 version and I'm not sure if it will work with A2 remote barb.
    2) ordering the barb/line kit and waiting for shipping can take 2 weeks or more, not sure if it arrives before the enduro race where I need this post mostly.
    3) I'm not really impressed with the new remote barb. Yes, it's better than the old one, but the connection is still not so reliable as on the post end (with Goodridge style connector and collar)
    Last edited by N0Mad; 04-05-2013 at 03:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Now it looks so:
    1) remote
    RockShox Reverb Thread-bild0258.jpg

2) full in
    RockShox Reverb Thread-bild0266.jpg

3) full out
    RockShox Reverb Thread-bild0267.jpg

Need to rebleed it (doesn't lock at full travel, can be pushed about an inch down with full body weight)

Update:
    Rebleed doesn't help, looks like the quite common issue with unthreaded base of the upper tube. I hear an air hiss when compressing the post, somewhere in the mid travel. If compressing the post in the upper half of the travel it almost locks (about 3/8" or 1cm play in the middle and less than 1" play when fully out). After passing that "hiss-point" and retracting the post again it works worse, like the air is trapped somewhere in the hydro system.
    Last edited by N0Mad; 04-05-2013 at 06:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Repaired.
    Air trapped under the poppet valve which allows the oil in the damper to pass between the inner and outer tubes. Released air from the air chamber, opened the post from the upper side (carefully, the air under the poppet valve was under big pressure - shot in the ceiling))). Took the valve out, added some oil to the needed level (standard 2ml syringe tip has the needed length, some about 9..10mm), assembled, bled the remote. Works fine so far after a week of riding. I was very lucky that the IFP left in correct position. So I don't really recommend such a way to repair the Reverb.
    As I removed the speed adjustment, the post retracts as if by the lowerst speed setting, but still ok for me.
    Last edited by N0Mad; 07-16-2013 at 02:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm under the impression that the Reverbs with the black collar are the 2012+ models and are (mostly) problem free. The ones with the silver collar are pre 2012 and have the issues that needed to be worked out. I've been using my 2012 for a few months now and its awesome. I just shortened the hose which took about 2 min and was extremely simple.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire 26er
    2005 Trek Bruiser urban single speed

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yes, that's true. The most problems are with 2011 models.
    I took a rental bike during a business trip to Switzerland - Commencal Meta SX 2012, with the new Reverb. Asked the mechanic if they had any troubles with it - almost none, sometimes bleeding the remote is needed, nothing more.

mtbr member
    Reverb failed again after being in once for warranty service. Air seal or something failed and post won't hold air again. When they serviced mine under warranty I did not get a new one like others are talking about. Had a bunch of play in it too and still does. It worked for a few months then broke again. Also, I had installed new hose kit and threaded barbs already and even then was bleeding it far too often. I'm done with this thing. When it works it's great, but I can't trust it on the trail, especially on long rides. For something that had so much potential it's been a huge disappointment.

FWIW, My Specialized Command Post Blacklite is still going strong without any issues or play. It requires some careful setup, but It's been rock-solid reliable so far and hasn't needed any special attention. I like that the post is mechanically locked in place at each position.
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 04-17-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast