Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1909
    Dropshot Champ!
    anyone have shaft play on their reverb?

I have a 2012, bought new, and the saddle had a tiny bit of side to side slop when I got it. That's to be expected. However, two rides in, it's worse. And now the whole "stanchion" flexs into the bottom of the reverb when I pedal. I'm ~200lbs, is this normal?

Kinda hard to diagnose w/o seeing it, but curious if anyone had this problem.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    anyone have shaft play on their reverb?

I have a 2012, bought new, and the saddle had a tiny bit of side to side slop when I got it. That's to be expected. However, two rides in, it's worse. And now the whole "stanchion" flexs into the bottom of the reverb when I pedal. I'm ~200lbs, is this normal?

Kinda hard to diagnose w/o seeing it, but curious if anyone had this problem.
    Make sure your collar is tight - the silver or black one that threads down. Not the one that clamps your seat tube/post.

Trail Ninja
    My 1st gen Reverb's hose had most the slack cut off, but I still get rear tire rub on rear susp compression. I've seen people coil their hoses around their post, to deal with the loops that forms when you lower your post. I've tried coiling it both directions, simply just loosening the seat binder and twisting the post 360 in either direction, and it seems that I'd have to give up about 1" of travel due to the cable not clearing the collar. The hose will hit the collar and would bend at the rubber boot, or at the barb if I slid the boot out of the way.

Looking for ideas to solve the tire rub issue. Frame is a Yeti SB95. Post was previously on a ASR7, which I routed it through the dogbone link, relatively loose, zip-tieing it to the rear brake hose, and the slack cable actually ended up making a big loop in front of the handlebar, when I lowered the saddle.
    Last edited by Varaxis; 01-28-2013 at 04:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I took my new Reverb out for a nice cold ride on Sunday. 15 degrees F, rode for about an hour. After reading this thread, I was afraid it would slow down in the cold weather or simply fail. Well, this wasn't the case, the Reverb was solid in the cold temps. Mine was great out of the box so I hope this continues.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

No good SRAM warranty = BS(ram)

My brand new 2012 Reverb had a slow air leak right out of the box. My LBS said to bring it in, he'd be happy to warranty it even though I didn't buy it there (I like my LBS, they don't sell Reverbs). SRAM sent back a new 2013 Reverb but with a right remote (mine had a left remote). LBS guy apologized, told me SRAM won't have left remotes available until APRIL! He said he spoke with two different people at SRAM and got the same answer from both, I believe him. My question to SRAM is... wtf?

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by barcolounger View Post
    My brand new 2012 Reverb had a slow air leak right out of the box. My LBS said to bring it in, he'd be happy to warranty it even though I didn't buy it there (I like my LBS, they don't sell Reverbs). SRAM sent back a new 2013 Reverb but with a right remote (mine had a left remote). LBS guy apologized, told me SRAM won't have left remotes available until APRIL! He said he spoke with two different people at SRAM and got the same answer from both, I believe him. My question to SRAM is... wtf?
    Some people are running a right hand remote upside down as a left hand remote. I actually think this put's the button in a better postition and also protects the remote from hits if you endo the bike. Not my bike, but heres a picture of an upside down right hand remote on the left side of bars.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Some people are running a right hand remote upside down as a left hand remote. I actually think this put's the button in a better postition and also protects the remote from hits if you endo the bike. Not my bike, but heres a picture of an upside down right hand remote on the left side of bars.
    Yeah, I've seen that and I'd prefer to run the control upside down, but it doesn't fit with my shifters and brakes.

I see left control reverbs available from retailers. SRAM must have known they'd be screwing past customers when they sent all their stock to retailers, without saving any for warranty repair. But they did it anyway.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just want to share pics of how I mounted the button in case it helps someone. 2011 SX Trail medium with front derailleur and right hand Reverb mounted upside down on the left. Reverb is 30.9, 125mm, 380mm. I'm using the Avid matchmaker mounts for the brakes levers and shifter pods, pods are mounted outboard of the levers (pods closer to the grips than the levers)

RockShox Reverb Thread-7686.jpg

RockShox Reverb Thread-7668-001.jpg
    2011 SX Trail.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I machined a keyed spacer for Shimano's Ispec shifter mount. Gains enough space to place the remote underside-left & still run a front shifter, with everything in a comfortable position. Blurry cell phone pics below.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Also on a previous bike, I came up with this solution. For XTR M970 series shifters you need to get an extra right hand mounting bracket to use with the left hand shifter. A little file work was req'd, but not too bad. This is the only photo I could find of how it went together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Rock land nice job. How much to machine me one?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Well my Reverb is slowly dying now. Guess I'm not really surprised. I bought on E-Bay and was told by seller that Sram wont accept returns from E-Bay sellers.Local shop,where I have never bought anything,refuses to deal with it and of course Sram says they only deal with local shops. Bottom line is I need someone to rebuild it. Does anyone know of a service center in the U.S. that could do the repairs?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Rock land nice job. How much to machine me one?
    This is probably the only one I'll make. Sorry. I'm on an old vertical mill out in my garage. I don't have a DRO, so it takes a while - just me and a set of calipers.

mtbr member
    I mounted my right lever on the left as well. Then rotated the top button around 180deg.

My reverb is a second gen model and after 8 months of heavy use it finally developed a slack. It will saged about 0.5inch and after a good bleed it now sags about 0.25 inch.

I use this reverb a lot, and given the heavy use I don't think it is a abnormal for the wear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mt.nebo.mtb View Post
    Well my Reverb is slowly dying now. Guess I'm not really surprised. I bought on E-Bay and was told by seller that Sram wont accept returns from E-Bay sellers.Local shop,where I have never bought anything,refuses to deal with it and of course Sram says they only deal with local shops. Bottom line is I need someone to rebuild it. Does anyone know of a service center in the U.S. that could do the repairs?
    Nice shop...I guess you'll probably have a tough time giving your money to those guys in the future. There's no reason why they shouldn't help you with it unless they don't have any competent mechanics or they don't want new customers. If it's not doing any good on your bike then you should rebuild it yourself. Find some online videos to start with and get a feel for what your about to get in to. Take lots pictures at every step so you can remember how it goes back together. Once you have it all apart you will be able to see the seals that need replacing. Seals are seals, just like bearings are bearings. In other words there are seal and bearing companies who make these for the entire industrialized world and that's where the bike companies get theirs from. Once you have the seals in your hand you will be able to go buy replacments without having to buy the "Rock Shox" kit through your LBS. I've rebuilt my specialized Hi-Lo hubs (new ceramic bearings for $35) ,Rock Shox Domain (Oil from the MX store at about half price) and Marz 66 RC3 (new seals for $6 each) while saving a lot of money and time (not losing my bike to the LBS for a week at a time).

Although to be fair my LBS is fantastic and although I'm a cheap guy, they never hesitate to help me out by selling the nuts, bolts and pieces I might need for my next job. That's why when I drop my wheels off for them to true there will be some beer to accompany the wheels.
    2011 SX Trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm sure I could probably do it myself but I would just rather not buy the soft jaws,the IFP tool and the large crows foot adapters to do it all. I was hoping to find someone like Push or Suspension Experts to send it to. I really don't have anything against the local shop.Its a small town so we all ride together. Its just that I buy from the internet and work on my and my friends bikes so I am the enemy. I did the full bleed and finally shortened that hose add it seems a little better. It holds its air pressure so I'll just ride it until it dies and then try another brand. Maybe Thomson or Fox will be more user friendly.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    I have a 2012 Reverb and it will sink about 5mm when pushed down with my hand but then it solid after that. Is this normal or something to worry about?
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I have a 2012 Reverb and it will sink about 5mm when pushed down with my hand but then it solid after that. Is this normal or something to worry about?
    No not normal

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Could a bleed cure this?
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Could a bleed cure this?
    Do a full bleed - post and remote ends. Make sure the pressure in the post is at least 250psi.

Try all that first, and if it doesn't work, then probably needs a rebuild. But the bleeding and pressure checking is easy to do without taking the post apart.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Wtf s that?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    boob

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Lost the T25 Torx bolt on the remote. Does anyone know the dimension? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Seems that my reverb has also succumb to air seal failure. Has many of the same symptoms as other thread uses i.e. loss of pressure and fluid around bottom snap ring. I am getting the impression that it is a leak; the post is reaching 250PSI easily and holds that pressure. Following a few uses on trail the post will be come "stuck down" as others mentioned. However my post is not fully stuck down; you are able to lift it through every mm of its travel. Once again when you pull off trail and pump it up; it works fine again.

Have any thread users found either the basic or full service rebuild kits solve their issues?

I have bled oil through the system before with no problems and regained performance. It is now apparent its a much larger problem; especially after reading feedback from thread users.

Extremely frustrated at this point; when its functional the reverb is exceptional. Has turned my claymore into a timeless trail trasher

BTW I am using what they are calling the A1 post with lots of trail mileage

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Thanks, it just irks me to read people's experiences with SRAM have been the complete opposite of mine so far. Love my Reverb to death and will not ride without one now, but so far on the CS end (especially for what they are charging for the product), I'm left feeling a bit sour.
    Just a follow up to my Reverb situation, I finally ended up bringing mine back to REI on Friday, the bike tech guy very helpful but I have a feeling he would be clueless if it came down to him rebuilding it himself. He did get an RA number from SRAM within minutes and my post has been sent back to SRAM that same day. It will be either rebuilt or replaced, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the latter. I'm hoping to have something back this week as the REI and SRAM is within 30 miles of each other here in Chicago. But so far, I have no idea why my trusted LBS couldn't achieve the same level of service from SRAM, it's not like they are a small unknown LBS in the area, they are one of the best we have here. Could the original place of purchase have any affect on this happening I wonder?

Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast